• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are you ever too old for manga?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
athenox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:03 am Reply with quote
ExtraMana wrote:
So most of the people I see reading manga are college age in my country that is 16-18 my question is are you ever too old manga?

My friend, you do know that there are a lot manga out there for adult men and women right? If you go to Japan you will see salary men (white-collar workers) in their 30s/40s reading manga. These salary men are probably not reading the latest chapters of DBZ or Naruto (not that there is anything wrong with reading shounen manga) but they are reading manga that are aimed at their demographic (like ghost in the shell). So OP you have to answer this, how can you be too old for manga if there is manga being made for adult readers?
Minnanoginsan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so unless you start becoming less interested in mangas. Some might have a change in taste like moving from shounen/shoujo to sennin/ joushi . sometimes finding the story logic childish or illogical.

In my case the problem is not the passing time but the continually piling up responsibilities giving me less time for mangas. Gone are the days when I could stay all night enjoying numerous manga and coming across problems like there is nothing left to read on the genres that I prefer or asking similar mangas questions and the signature panda eyes in the morning. 9 to 5 have turned everything upside down.

Reality sucks. And sucks even harder when reality is preventing one from diving into the imaginary world of manga. So enjoy ur life as much as u can before u graduate.
athenox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
ayanami000 wrote:
Definitely not, age doesn't really matter. If you are 30 and still into Manga, who cares. People need to mind their own business. HA! :p

@ayanami000: i have to say that it is difficult to take your posts seriously when you keep laughing at the end. It kinda makes you sound sarcastic.
athenox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Minnanoginsan wrote:
sometimes finding the story logic childish or illogical.

do you mean that they find the story logic silly in shounen/shojo manga or just manga in general? I got confused because i thought seinen/josei manga were always mature and sophisticated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3