• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Delay of Games

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Oh this should be good.

Oh I remember those days of Lunar with Working Designs. Such crazy memories. Yeah, Lunar was their biggest issue. Especially L2:EB.
An old friend of mine we used to make so much fun of WD with the delay. I remember it. The SS version ran smoothly but the problem with porting it over to the PS1 was an issue. Due to memory and graphics. While the PS1 had quite a library I used to hear a lot of talk about how the SS and later the Dreamcast were much stronger machines when handling graphics. Which is why when the PS1 era started to come close to an end, they wanted the last games on that system to push the the system as far as it could go before they got to the PS2.

I still have my old Lunar collectible boxes. I own and have played both the JP and US versions of both Lunar and Lunar 2:EB. Not to mention I own the WD Sega CD version of Lunar:EB. I still have yet to finish Lunar on Sega CD. Vay anyone?

Yeah we all hate delays. But we can only hope that when there is one let it be for a good reason. The worse that could happen is putting out game that was delayed and it turns out crappy. That would really piss fans off.

Oh, you should've put FFXV, Last Guardian and Rainbow Six Siege on the list.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
well, atleast now we know why capcom fired inafune.
bj_waters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
FIRE EMBLEM FATES FORGOES FACE-FONDLING FEATURE, FANS FUME

Be honest with me. How hard did you work on that? Are you proud? I think you should be proud!
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Give Inafune some slack. I know for sure that some people are rooting for man to fail because his past comments rubbed them the wrong way, but come on. Delays aren't end of it all and they happen for a good reason, devs need time to polish their game, unless you want to experience crap like PC port of Arkham Knight.

On a separate note, I'm in extreme minority, but can anyone explain to me why Gravity Rush considered great? There's nothing memorable in this game except its presentation, which is undeniably magnificent, but what about mediocre story, shallow gameplay and above all else horrible controls?
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
The new FE game kinda abandoned everything I liked about them to become watered down waifu/pairing simulator so I just feel like saying "see where that path let you?!". Overall I don't really care since I'm not buying it, but I'd be against it in principle since it means removing content that's already created (the best would have been not to create it in the first place). Plus apparently its a way to raise your character affection, so it has gameplay use. But yeah, those scene/feature are dumb.

Apparently there trying to implement some online component to MN9, this makes the delay kinda sour since there apparently wasting time doing stuff that no one really want. Plus like you touched on, long delayed game usually turn out awful, look at FF13.
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
That's exactly why I have only contributed to a kickstarter once. Im not a fan of paying for a game and waiting years for my reward. Especially when it most likely wont hit its target release date. Mighy #9 is being released a year after its target date so I just feel I was lied to. I know things happen but 3 delays is kind of unacceptable. Of course I can only complain a little because Im going to buy the game through retail.

The Kickstarter I did pledge to was Bloodstained because Im a huge fan of the GBA and NDS Castlevania games and I hope that game is good. If that gets delayed Ill be as mad as hell. I already have to wait til March 2017 but of course I have more faith in Igarashi than I do Inafune anyday of the week. Of course once you get the games it was so long ago when you paid for it, it feels like your getting a game for free. Very Happy

Last edited by xchampion on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh god, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who watched Blassreiter.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
I already have to wait til March 2017 but of course I have more faith in Itagaki than I do Inafune anyday of the week.

Umm, I think you meant Igarashi (Vania series), not Itagaki (D.O.A. series).
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
NeoStrayCat wrote:
XChampion wrote:
I already have to wait til March 2017 but of course I have more faith in Itagaki than I do Inafune anyday of the week.

Umm, I think you meant Igarashi (Vania series), not Itagaki (D.O.A. series).

Edit made. No matter how many times I try to drill it in my head I always get those two mixed up for some reason and I don't know why. I mean their names are kind of similar but not really. It's probably just a me thing. lol

Of course I have no faith in Itagaki making a good game anymore. I mean Ninja Gaiden 2004 was a great game but he hasn't made anything good in years. With Devil's Third being the most recent example.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
It turns out that NoA's censorship garbage with Fire Emblem: Fates (and probably other titles) is the result of nearly 100% pure corporate tyranny and greed and not much else. A class action lawsuit is pretty much needed so this won't happen in the future from NoA and NoJ should be more aware of their American and European branches in the future, having their head in the sand like this for years on end is unacceptable in this day and age.

Now for gaming, the US is finally get the definitive version of SM4A. Free Battle is finally in Gundam Extreme VS Force and it's a blast, the extra mobile suits and a Course Battle mode mode that will be available later is a nice addition as well but hopefully Namco-Bandai learned their lesson, don't remove the Free Battle Mode in the next Gundam Vs title. You people who are getting it when localized will be playing it in it's bast form possible so it may do well in the West. I should be getting my copy of Dragon Quest Builders soon as it shipped last night, I played the demo last week and it plays well on the Vita, the crummy camera is pretty much the only issue with the game.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
Of course I have no faith in Itagaki making a good game anymore. I mean Ninja Gaiden 2004 was a great game but he hasn't made anything good in years. With Devil's Third being the most recent example.

But you have faith in a guy who made Nanobreaker?
xchampion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
XChampion wrote:

But you have faith in a guy who made Nanobreaker?

I forgot about that game. That one sucked. I have faith in the guy who has never made a bad Castlevania game. Or more specifically the guy who made Symphony of the Night, which is arguably one of the greatest games of all time. Or Aria of Sorrow. Or Order of Ecclesia. Pick your poison because all his Castlevania games are good, That is what Bloodstained is. A spiritual Successor to Castlevania. I guess the answer to your question is yes I do have faith in the guy who made Nanobreaker. lol Very Happy
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I'll pass to No. 9 pew pew.

Super Mario Advance 4 e-reader levels is one of the FEW Accomplishments of Nintendo of America in recent years. (Even if it was released in Japan First.)

Well, I am against of all bad stuff that happens, I expected the amie to be "omitted", if happens the reverse, I will be surprised at Ninty due to their Family friendly company label.
bj_waters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
I forgot about that game. That one sucked. I have faith in the guy who has never made a bad Castlevania game. Or more specifically the guy who made Symphony of the Night, which is arguably one of the greatest games of all time. Or Aria of Sorrow. Or Order of Ecclesia. Pick your poison because all his Castlevania games are good, That is what Bloodstained is. A spiritual Successor to Castlevania. I guess the answer to your question is yes I do have faith in the guy who made Nanobreaker. lol Very Happy

A person doesn't have to perfect in order to expect great things from him. Smile

Even though I didn't help kickstart it, I'm looking forward to Bloodstained for the same reasons. Let's hope the wait isn't too horrible. (Then again, I had to wait 2 years for Shadowgate, so don't hold your breath!) Confused
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
XChampion wrote:
Pick your poison because all his Castlevania games are good

I agree, LoI and CoD are rather average games though. On a bright side, he's back to 2D, so we can expect quality stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4