• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Solicitations (Crunchyroll Solicitations: June 2022 & beyond)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:
It is good that Book of Circus is finally coming out. But what about Book of Murder? I think it would have been nice if Funimation released Book of Circus and Book of Murder together.

The listing indicates episodes 1-12. Book of Circus only had 10 episodes, so apparently they're counting Book of Murder as episodes 11 and 12.
This has been changed recently, it seems. Now the episode listing is just 1-10.

Since the special features for the LE (at least) haven't been announced, there's always a chance that the Book of Murder OVAs will be listed as such.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Could someone tell me the difference between the recent Fullmetal Alchemist blu-ray releases? Not the really expensive one, but the other two. Can't find any info on them.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Could someone tell me the difference between the recent Fullmetal Alchemist blu-ray releases? Not the really expensive one, but the other two. Can't find any info on them.

I own the FMA 2003 CE. I believe that the 2003 LE is not Chipboard (which ticked me off & why I went with CE), comes with artcards and a small booklet. The RE is just a regular slip and does not have art cards or booklet.

Edit:
unboxing for LE
unboxing for RE
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info!!!

So the LE has a tiny booklet and some cards for like twice the price? Doesn't seem justified at all. The collectors edition is dope, but the Canadian dollar is absolute shit right now so I guess I'll have to stick with the regular edition off amazon.ca
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:49 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
So the LE has a tiny booklet and some cards for like twice the price? Doesn't seem justified at all. The collectors edition is dope, but the Canadian dollar is absolute shit right now so I guess I'll have to stick with the regular edition off amazon.ca

It does have 51 episodes, but the show is over a decade old and not coming with at least a chipbox doesn't feel very LE to me. I think they purposefully didn't want it to impact sales of the CE. Kind of what they tried to do with Attack on Titan LE, but everyone screamed and they gave us a run of artboxes to go with it. I would have gone with the FMA LE if it had an actual box. I considered skipping the release completely, because the CE was running at around $180, but then amazon had a crazy price drop to around $137 right after xmas and I went "uh, ok." Current LE prices (~$80-93) put it roughly about 1.50 to $2 per episode. Not bad but like everything else depends on your budget.
Quote:
Thanks for the info!!!
Glad I could help.
Pantha

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:14 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
I own the FMA 2003 CE. I believe that the 2003 LE is not Chipboard (which ticked me off & why I went with CE),

I own the 2003 FMA LE and the release came with 3 tin boxes. Since this was over ten years ago, companies were still doing singles so you had to buy the first volume with the tin box. First release was a black tin, second was white, and last was red. A soundtrack came with each box.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Pantha wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
I own the FMA 2003 CE. I believe that the 2003 LE is not Chipboard (which ticked me off & why I went with CE),

I own the 2003 FMA LE and the release came with 3 tin boxes. Since this was over ten years ago, companies were still doing singles so you had to buy the first volume with the tin box. First release was a black tin, second was white, and last was red. A soundtrack came with each box.

Yea, I recall those DVD tins and they were nice looking. You probably payed a lot more for them than I did for the current BD CE, so we are lucky that we are getting BDs for much less. At least you did get tins and a soundtrack out of it since the current BD LE as I said didn't even get a chipboard box. Instead its artcards. There's been several "iffy" premium and LE releases from funimation. I'm mostly satisfied with the the BD CE, I really like the hardback artbook in it. I do wish Funimation was more consistent.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:52 pm Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/02/13/black-butlers-latest-installments-come-to-home-video-in-book-of-circus-and-book-of-murder-cast-announcement

Black Butler: Book of Circus

The complete third season is being released on April 19. The Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack features a handsome chipboard box, as well as a premium disc packaging in the form of a long fold-out digipak that displays tons of detailed artwork from the covers of the original Japanese releases—definitely the release of choice for ultra-fans of Black Butler and its gorgeous art style.

Black Butler: Book of Murder

Pre-orders for Book of Murder will begin next week, and the OVA set will be released on Blu-ray/DVD Combo on May 17.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
via Funimation Shop & TRSI:

Assassination Classroom: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 275 minutes - $64.98 - 5/17/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128129
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Interview with the Cast, Episode 0 ''Meeting Time'', Textless Songs, Episode Previews, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Assassination Classroom: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 275 minutes - $84.98 - 5/17/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128127
Quote:
Special Features: Chipboard Box, 4 Art Cards, Filler Box for Season One Part Two, Kunugigaoka Academy Student Handbook & Student Diary, Episode Commentaries, Interview with the Cast, Episode 0 ''Meeting Time'', Textless Songs, Episode Previews, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Black Butler: Book of Murder (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 123 minutes - $34.98 - 5/17/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128130
Quote:
Special Features: Commentary, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Seraph of the End - Vampire Reign: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 5/24/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128229
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries, ''Seraph of the endless'' Parts 1-9, Promo Videos, BD/DVD Promos, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Seraph of the End - Vampire Reign: Season 1, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $84.98 - 5/24/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128228
Quote:
Special Features: Chipboard Box with Glow in the Dark Specialty Print, Episode Commentaries, ''Seraph of the endless'' Parts 1-9, Promo Videos, BD/DVD Promos, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Tokyo Ghoul √A: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 5/24/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128231
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Promotional Videos, Textless Opening, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Tokyo Ghoul √A: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 5/24/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128232
Quote:
Special Features: Chipboard Box, Episode Commentaries, Promotional Videos, Textless Opening, U.S. Trailer, Trailers

One Piece: Season 8, Part 1 - 300 minutes - $39.98 - 5/31/16
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=128131
Quote:
Eps 457-468
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
A very strong May slate. I might get Book of Murder down the road. And it is nice to Seraph of the End, part 1 released this quick.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
nice little perk there partnering with Universal. did not expect Seraph so soon
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/703629527520382976
Quote:
The Vision of Escaflowne is coming out this year and could get a new dub! Find details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funimationprod/the-vision-of-escaflowne-a-new-hd-dub-for-the-clas

---EDIT---
Quote:
About this project

For $150,000, help create a new 20th anniversary experience of The Vision of Escaflowne in its perfect form with a Blu-ray release of a brand-new English dub that finally matches every second of the complete uncut Japanese HD materials!

The Vision of Escaflowne is one of the most prolific classic anime to date—and a pivotal title in opening the door to anime fandom in North America. From its riveting fantasy storyline, gorgeous visuals, a stirring score, romance, and of course, awesome gigantic robots, it's clear that this is a series that has stood the test of time.

The series is beloved worldwide, but there has never been a complete English dub for fans. The uncut HD Japanese version of the show includes scenes that have never been seen in North America, meaning that English speakers have never experienced the show fully in dubbed format. Also, despite the fantastic visuals, the series has not been released in its HD glory on Blu-ray here either. Across forums, social media, conventions, and more, fans like you have voiced endless requests for a new full-series dub that gives this series the treatment it deserves. Team up with us to make this a reality!

We’ve been working hand-in-hand with Sunrise—and legendary director Kazuki Akane and creator Shoji Kawamori—to explore the possibility of creating this new dub for months. We aren’t attempting to raise the entire production costs of a new dub, but rather to demonstrate the extent of fan interest—is it enough to warrant the creation of this dub? If the demand is truly there, then you can think of this Kickstarter more as a pre-order campaign rather than a fundraiser.

If the project meets the goal of $150,000, we’ll be releasing The Vision of Escaflowne television series on Blu-ray and DVD with both the original uncut Japanese HD with English subtitles, and a brand-new English dub matching those materials. This release will also include an exclusive interview with Kazuki Akane and Shoji Kawamori specifically recorded for English-speaking fans, and the Escaflowne movie will receive a new matching dub. Certain tiers of this Kickstarter include Escaflowne Blu-ray/DVD releases as rewards, including a special pre-order of a one-of-a-kind version of Part 1 that includes a beautiful chipboard housing box and art cards featuring illustrations from the series. This Kickstarter Edition of Part 1 is ONLY available to Kickstarter backers.

Rewards
Quote:
Pledge $5 or more
THE HERMIT
You’re helping make this a reality! Enjoy a one-of-a-kind digital wallpaper featuring Escaflowne art.
Estimated delivery: Apr 2016

Pledge $15 or more
THE MAGICIAN
You'll receive the digital wallpaper plus an on-disc credit listing, AND a certificate of participation with reprinted signatures from original director Kazuki Akane and Funimation CEO Gen Fukunaga.
Estimated delivery: Nov 2016
Ships to: Only certain countries

Pledge $30 or more
Limited to 500 backers
THE SUN
You are a true Escaflowne fan. Receive everything in the $15 tier, plus a pre-order of the Escaflowne movie. (Early bird tier, limited to 500 units)

Pledge $35 or more
THE CHARIOT
You are a true Escaflowne fan. Receive everything in the $15 tier, plus a pre-order of the Escaflowne movie.

Pledge $65 or more
Limited to 1000 backers
THE TOWER
For supporting this endeavor, you get: Everything in the $15 tier, plus a pre-order of the Escaflowne TV Series Part 1 Kickstarter Edition, featuring episodes 1-13 of the HD complete uncut version of the series in Japanese with English subtitles AND the brand new English dub, all housed with exclusive art cards in a handsome chipboard box not available outside of this Kickstarter.

Pledge $125 or more
Limited to 500 backers
THE HIGH PRIESTESS
Good things are coming your way! For $125, receive everything in the $15 tier, a pre-order of Escaflowne TV Series Part 1 Kickstarter Edition AND Part 2 (which completes the rest of the series and fits in snugly in the Part 1 Kickstarter Edition box), plus a theatrical-sized poster of Escaflowne art.

Pledge $155 or more
Limited to 500 backers
THE MOON
We can see you are just as excited as we are. Please enjoy everything in the $125 tier, plus a pre-order of the Escaflowne Movie.

Pledge $175 or more
THE WORLD
This is the true collector tier. For your generosity, you’ll receive a pre-order of the Escaflowne Complete Series + Movie Collector’s Edition Box Set, the ultimate collection. This includes the complete series and movie with Japanese audio and English subtitles PLUS the new dub, as well as:
- a chipboard box (different from the Kickstarter edition) featuring new art from the Japanese release
- a perfect-bound art book
- a special exclusive item--to be announced!
- AND bonus DVDs of the original dub version--the only release that includes this version!

Pledge $200 or more
Limited to 250 backers
THE LOVERS
This tier is for fans of the gorgeous Escaflowne music, from legendary composers Yoko Kanno and Hajime Mizoguchi. Contribute $200 and you’ll get everything in the $175 tier plus the imported soundtrack from Japan (Lovers Only).

Pledge $300 or more
Limited to 50 backers
THE EMPRESS
You get everything in the $200 tier and a theatrical-sized poster of Escaflowne art, signed by the U.S. principal cast of the new dub.

Pledge $400 or more
Limited to 50 backers
THE EMPEROR
This tier is the mark of an ultimate anime fan! You’ll get everything in the $300 tier plus your poster will also signed by three legendary Japanese talents: director Kazuki Akane, original creator Shoji Kawamori, and character designer Nobuteru Yuki.

Pledge $5,000 or more
Limited to 1 backer
THE STAR
FOR CONTINENTAL U.S. ONLY – A one-of-a-kind Escaflowne experience. We’ll fly you out to the Funimation office where you’ll get a tour, a bag of Funimation goodies, and you’ll even get to do voice work that will appear in the new Escaflowne dub! And of course, you’ll also receive the Escaflowne Collector’s Edition Box Set and everything else in the $400 tier.
Tour and recording will be conducted before the end of May; all other rewards will ship in late fall. Flight, transportation to and from airport, and a one-night hotel stay will be provided for one person. You must be available to participate during this time to fulfill this reward!
No specific role is guaranteed. For this experience you must be 18 years of age or have permission from a legal guardian to travel and have a legal guardian who will travel with you. Prizes subject to signing an agreement with Funimation.
Estimated delivery: May 2016
Ships to: Only United States

Stretch Goals
Quote:
In the event that this project exceeds its $150,000 goal, here's how this release gets even better:

$200,000 – In addition to the series' new dub, The Vision of Escaflowne Part 1 will be upgraded to include a special feature of the new English cast, including behind-the-scenes footage and interviews. This will be added to the Kickstarter Edition of Part 1, the standard edition available outside of this Kickstarter, and the Collector's Edition.

$250,000 – The Part 1 Kickstarter Edition release will receive a second upgrade—the art cards will be upgraded to a saddle-stitched art booklet, and the chipboard box that houses the release will get special foil printing. Remember that this is only on the Kickstarter-specific release!

$500,000 – You're invited to a VIP backer-only Escaflowne party! We’ll arrange a U.S. visit for original director Kazuki Akane at a major U.S. anime convention, and provide an exclusive VIP party for Kickstarter backers only. (Transport and lodging are not provided.)

FAQ
Quote:
What happens if this Kickstarter does not meet its goal?
As you already know, this Kickstarter is a mandate to gauge how much widespread demand exists for a new dub—it’s not just a fundraiser. If the project doesn’t meet its goal, Funimation will still create a release based on the materials we have access to. We still want to showcase the HD, but because the HD materials don’t match up with the current English dub, this will likely be a subtitled-only Blu-ray uncut version. A separate release of the original English dub on DVD may follow.

Who are the voice actors for this new dub?
We won’t start casting until we get a sense that there’s a demand for the new dub. If and when we hit our goal, we’ll start casting and will reveal the actors soon after.

Will I have access to this dub on Funimation.com if I’m not a contributor?
Of course! If the project meets its goal, you’ll be able to buy the Escaflowne series and movie on Blu-ray or DVD once it’s released, or stream it with a FunimationNow subscription. The Collector’s Edition in the $175 and up tiers will also be available for purchase. There will also be digital video download options as well. However, the special Kickstarter version of Part 1, with the exclusive chipboard box and art cards, is only available to backers only.

Will you release the original dub separately?
The original dub episodes will be available as bonus DVDs in the Collector’s Edition on the $175 and up tiers (using the original SD materials rather than the uncut HD materials). As for a potential separate release, the answer is: possibly. All of our focus is on the new dub right now, so there are no plans to release the original dub. However, it may come at a future point.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Ugh Funimation is getting on the Kickstarter bandwagon too? Ffs Mad
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:57 am Reply with quote
Not sure if I should be glad that they're freakin' finally doing something with part of Bandai's corpse (I mean, it's been all of, what, Bebop so far?), or be mad that it's not what the part of the corpse that I WANT! (for the record, it's Outlaw Star, but on bluray, and not with a new dub, the first dub was perfect).

I'm honestly getting a bit frustrated at the lack of the beating of Bandai's dead corpse at this point. You've had these licenses for two and a half years, man! And you too, Sentai, get on that corpse jumping!
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Not sure if I should be glad that they're freakin' finally doing something with part of Bandai's corpse (I mean, it's been all of, what, Bebop so far?), or be mad that it's not what the part of the corpse that I WANT! (for the record, it's Outlaw Star, but on bluray, and not with a new dub, the first dub was perfect).

I'm honestly getting a bit frustrated at the lack of the beating of Bandai's dead corpse at this point. You've had these licenses for two and a half years, man! And you too, Sentai, get on that corpse jumping!

No kidding, necromance that dead husk already. Code Geass takes up way to much of my shelf space. It would be nice to get a more compact version. I also want to own Sacred Seven and probably some other stuff I've forgotten about since it's been ages since I read which titles were rescued. Plus, there is just a tresure trove of great titles there, which I already own, that should NOT be out of print for the sake of those who haven't seen them. Crying or Very sad

Backed Escaflowne just now for the hell of it.

Last edited by Kruszer on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 46