• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dagashi Kashi Season (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
The whole drug like scene.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Don't know if it was just the pattern of her dress, but Hotarus chest was noticeably more present this episode Shocked

Anyway, nice to see a side of Hotaru that isn't extremely eccentric, even if it was just for a short moment.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

LOL, this week's episode...

Playing doctors. Saya really took on that role, no joke. "I have a bit of fever". But seriously, I think she was cute as a kid with shorter hair. Those memories though...adorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
He acted just like Hotaru as a kid.

Did To just flip up the skirt of his twin sister?
Beltane70

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
I really did enjoy that flashback! I think Saya and Kokonotsu make an adorable couple.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Ah festival theme episode, haven't seen someone like Hotaru being that excited in awhile. Saya looked cute in her outfit as well. A better change of setting this week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
That was sweet. Nice goin' Dad. Smile

To me candy apples are summer, and caramel apples are Christmas.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:01 am Reply with quote
How did she climb that tree in those shoes?

I kind of liked this episode more than previous episodes, something clicked more. Maybe it was his dad letting the date happen.

I kind of felt embarrassed to really watch the ED before, it is Alice in Wonderland and I similarly had a problem in Gourmet Girl Graffiti which also had an Alice in Wonder theme. But it actually is pretty cool to watch it play out here, how Saya is Alice while Hotaru switches between a bunch of characters.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
episode seven

I've always had a soft spot for characters appearing from random, illogical places. Probably my favorite gag in the episode.

This is the second episode to put a significant amount of time into the Kokonotsu + Saya relationship. I find this kind of surprising considering the "childhood friend never wins" rule and that you'd think Hotaru's madness would be the core of the show. Really, Dagashi Kashi has done a pretty good job mixing the characters up and making all the different interactions relevant and interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well I learned something from this week's episode. Saya is NOT good with ghost stories given her reactions. Maybe, I'll add a bit to that: she's also afraid of the dark.

Dark + ghost stories = fearful Saya Twisted Evil
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:35 am Reply with quote
Oh, god, kendamas...
I work inside a mall, and last summer, every single damn teenage boy walked up to my register with one of those stupid things hanging around their neck like it made them look like badasses or something. Wanted to smack each of them upside the head. Got so frustrated at seeing so many every single day, when I got home one day and saw my kid sister had purchased one, I ripped it immediately. No sibling of mine is gonna follow a fad, especially one as ridiculous (and expensive!) as that one.

Anyway, latest episode of Dagashi was hilarious. I found myself laughing throughout the entire episode, which is rare for this series. Favorite part was definitely Saya popping up and down, showing off her skill (LOL at the "thug" picture of her too!) It's not the first time I've seen young boys looking for ways to impress girls in anime, but To and Coconuts-uuuu's efforts seemed the most grounded and realistic I've seen yet. Checking your sister's magazines? I remember those days...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:30 pm Reply with quote
On NPR yesterday morning I was listening to a firefighter named Caroline Paul talking about why we teach girls that it is cute to be fearful.

I was thinking about that when I saw this episode for obvious reasons. Do we really teach them that or is it just natural? I have to say Saya (or at least the girl she is supposed to represent) is damn cute.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
episode eight

Very fitting that Coconuts, with his aspirations as a creator, would be the one to pick apart narrative flaws.

To might have been on to something with those kendamas. Saya is clearly the character who is the best at them and, as evidenced by Hotaru, she's also the character who is the best at picking up chicks.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Aww, it looks like Hotaru got herself a mouth ulcer this in the latest episode but I don't think she minds it. In fact, she's actually having quite a bit of fun with it...
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh my... I think Coconuts just came up up with a third name for that ice cream.... it too starts with a 'b' Shocked

but really, from poop to boobies to... well...
It was a bit like Seitokai Yakuindono Dagashi Kashi this week.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5