• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dimension W (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:07 am Reply with quote
Did not realise earlier that he apparently lives in a petrol station, which I guess gives credence to being able to store a lot of fuel to use.

The scene of her holding her own head felt quite strong, a good way of showing her insecurity of her own inhumanity. But also that she only ended up like that because the humanity she showed in saving the kids, that it was arguably because she shows human nature.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I'd love to know how Kyouma got his hands on a Toyota 2000GT! It's a rare car with only 351 ever made. They're worth on average US $800,000 to 1.2 million!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Pretty thrilling episode. We got a case about a ghost and there's a nice plot twist at the end as well. I feel sorry for Mira as she got caught up in the mess though. And also, it's interesting to see Elizabeth's debut in this episode. I thought her VA did a neat job portraying her character. The plot about the Numbers is also something that I found interesting.

The artwork of this show is actually quite impressive now that I look at it closely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Kyoma investigating a mysterious murder.
A lot of suspicious people around..
Interesting case that had everything to do with Numbers.
Damn, this feels like a conspiracy of some sort.
Great episode, can't wait to see more next time!
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they dropped the opening info-dump for episode 4; it's hard enough to tell an effective mystery in 22-24 minutes as it is. Not surprising this particular case will carry over to the next episode.

I don't know why but I'm getting a similar vibe from this show as from season 1 of Darker than Black. It's not that I see any specific similarities (other than having a MC with special abilities and a "past"-and being a FUNimation license) but just the overall feel of the show. This is not a bad thing since I did enjoy DTB (though I don't remember a lot of details).
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Kyouma is awesome, just storming in there and being a badass.

Glad to see Mira break free though as well with her strong will despite being a robot.

Elizabeth also played her part as well so I'm glad they didn't leave that out. Intense episode. There's no rest for the wicked when it comes to killing in this series but it's nice to also learn the truth about Enamori. I love how Kyouma's fight at the end of this episode and Mira's role there. I expect some characterization about Kyouma soon especially since his actions are often mysterious related to coils.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:25 am Reply with quote
Ghosts on a rampage..
Kyoma actually punched her LOL instant backfire.
So Kamiki was not that bad before..
Losing everything will make you a little crazy.
So a weird happy end after all..
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Kyouma is awesome, just storming in there and being a badass.

He deserved it when he hurt his hand.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
He like punched her in the face for not being able to do anything despite her then figuring it out.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Good episode, it felt slightly different but also builds up with that new kid Loo

Kyouma's really a kind guy from the inside even though he doesn't show it. I think this episode is also important because it sets up for a background storytelling next time. Should be interesting to see that including his past with a girl and his relationship with Tsubaki.

Mira looking cute in her yutaka as expected Very Happy
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6
The question that has been on everyone's mind, where does Kyoma get his traditional garb from, is finally answered.

This was a decent set up episode, yet it is one we have seen many times before, hopefully it still turns out well in regards to presentation.spoiler[because it usually ends with a character like Loo going to the scrap heap permanently]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Sooo that's why Kyouma hates coils so much because of its mysterious connection with his past and Miyabi who apparently died by an accident through it. But seriously, beheaded? Wow, that's terrible.

The Easter Island is interesting with this operation. I think Elizabeth is on board too and we got Kyouma trying to get the job done. Speaking of which, I think he's pretty badass during his past. Can't wait for the next episode.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Kyoma's youth ^^
He was desperate to save his girlfriend..
And got forced into something he never wanted.
Now I understand why he hates coils so much.
There's gonna be a lot of competition on Easter island..
Looks like things there are a mess.
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Apparently the leader of this evil mega corporation is Steve Jobs.

I guess we found out why Mabuchi does not like Mira specifically--perhaps resentment that Mira seems to be a successful experiment, an experiment for which his fiance was used as a trial. I am just waiting for the reveal where Mira was actually built with data copied from Miyabi.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If you compare what we learned this episode and the incident a couple back where Mira got her head taken off, I'd say the symbolism is there.

Although, really, If I were Mabuchi and had such a specific trauma associated with a beheading, I don't think I would have been able to handle that discovery of a headless Mira so cooly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4