• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice & Wolf Light Novel Series Gets Sequel on 10th Anniversary

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomVash808

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:15 am Reply with quote
This great news for the light novel fans. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for a season 3 that will likely never happen.
AP24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:26 am Reply with quote
If it's being released in Dengeki Bunko Magazine then it's going to be a collection of side stories. I hope this means we'll get more anime since Durarara got more anime after LN sequel series was announced.

The Spice & Wolf anime already covered Vol 1-3 & 5. There are 9 volumes of the main story (Vol 4, 6, 8-10, 12, 14-16) and 4 volumes of side stories (Vol 7, 11, 13, 17) that haven't been covered by the anime. The manga covers LN Vol 1-2, 4, 8-9, 14-16.

If they decide to make more anime then most likely they will need to cover Vol 8-9 & 14-16 since they are very important. Vol 4, 6, 10, 12 are optional and they might not cover Vol 7, 11, 13 and most of 17. I hope they will also cover the epilogue story of Holo and Lawrence in Vol 17. It will need at least 2 cours but if we're lucky we might get 3 cours covering the rest of all the main story volumes like Durarara.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
Hmm, part of me hopes that this doesn't mean it will be another series of novels. Mainly because I'm waiting for YenPress to get close to release the last one, and I plan on grabbing them all. Laughing
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:21 am Reply with quote
Quote:
They skipped book 4 completely, they didn't change the order at all, it was never animated. They directly went from 3-5. It doesn't affect continuity at all really. There are a number of volumes in the series that you wouldn't notice if they disappeared, it is that sort of series after all. A sort of series of vignette pieces with an overarching plot that barely features in quite a few of them.

Um no. What about the nun Elsa? You know, the person who helps them in Volume 4 and reappears later in Volume 14 to spoiler[Take Col under her wing.]

That's kinda important.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:24 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Vol 4, 6, 10, 12 are optional and they might not cover

The where the hell are they going to find spoiler[Col? Just randomly run into him in Volume 8]
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
I'm glad he's come to her senses and actually finishing the story properly. He must have got such an ear ache from fans of the LNs. I know I would have if I could. Wink
blackice85

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
blackice85 wrote:
Also I believe the order of events was changed in season 2, not sure how much that would effect overall continuity, but probably not much.

They skipped book 4 completely, they didn't change the order at all, it was never animated. They directly went from 3-5. It doesn't affect continuity at all really. There are a number of volumes in the series that you wouldn't notice if they disappeared, it is that sort of series after all. A sort of series of vignette pieces with an overarching plot that barely features in quite a few of them.

That's what I meant yeah. I didn't know at the time whether that meant they'd do book 4 in another season or not.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Good excuse for another season of the anime. It doesn't seem likely, but it wouldn't be the first time some sort of anniversary got a production company interested in a follow up anime project.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
Good excuse for another season of the anime. It doesn't seem likely, but it wouldn't be the first time some sort of anniversary got a production company interested in a follow up anime project.
They could have done that a long time ago. The anime stopped at Vol. 7 of the novels. I received Vol 16, the supposed last volume, back in December.
Lann

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:37 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. my blog has a in depth synopsis covering each light novel if anyone wants to give them a read.
Rensie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they will made season 3 now to cover the rest of the first novel.
Holo Wolfgod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:27 am Reply with quote
I want season 3 Sad
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
More anime would be nice. Though I haven't watched the dub yet, I have heard that many people enjoyed Brina Palencia's Holo. I will watch it dubbed probably next weekend as I plan on finishing the Vanadis dub this weekend.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2