• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Kuma Miko: Girl Meets Bear (TV)

Genres:
Themes:

Plot Summary: Machi is a middle school student who serves as a shrine maiden (miko) at a Shinto shrine enshrining a bear (kuma) in the recesses of a certain mountain in Japan's northern Tōhoku region. Machi's guardian is a talking bear named Natsu, and one day Machi says to Natsu, "I want to go to a school in the city." The worrywart Natsu then gives Machi — who is ignorant in the ways of the world — a set of trials that she must pass in order to be able to survive in the city.
----------------------------------
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting a cute show made for children. But there was unexpected sex jokes in the 2nd half of the episode. It was pretty funny. I look forward to watching this on Sundays.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
And here I thought we'd have to wait for doujinshi to get beastiality jokes. Kudos to the show for addressing the elephant in the room.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kudos to the show for addressing the elephant in the room.

Kudos indeed. I am unable to watch this show, but the Twitter discussions arising from it have been moist, fuzzy and delicious so far.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

Kudos indeed. I am unable to watch this show, but the Twitter discussions arising from it have been moist, fuzzy and delicious so far.

don't worry, you only have to wait 5 more days before you can watch it
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
"Sexual harassment!"
"Don't touch me!"
That was like the best part of the episode. I thought the first half was a little too light, while the second showed that it has some bite.

Really cute ED too.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I got it! I figured out what the ED reminds me of. I knew that it reminded me of a video game, but it was specifically Paper Mario.

On the episode, I guess I can kind of see where he is coming from, she needs to work on her common sense. They must have internet right? The ED seems to say as much and the bear knows an awful lot, she maybe needs to learn it is completely natural to research a task on there first. I laughed when she snapped at the two men including dumping the illegal home brewed sake.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Cute when she thought the minidisc was testament of her skill to adapt. Reminded me of when Komari thought she kept up with trends because she bought a walkman in Non Non.

Cracked up the whole trip to the store lol I'd go fishing with those guys any day. Guess the whole season is going to be Machi trying to prove herself to Natsu.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
They must have internet right? The ED seems to say as much and the bear knows an awful lot, she maybe needs to learn it is completely natural to research a task on there first.

You're assuming she'd even know how to turn a computer on. "I hit the on button but it won't start!" "Is it plugged in?" "Uh..."

Didn't even remove the size sticker from her swimsuit...
TD912

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:59 am Reply with quote
So far, most of the jokes have been a hit for me. I see very mixed reviews for episode 1 in the season preview thing, but I'm liking this show a lot so far. The random bear sex joke was an odd curveball, but it set the tone for the rest of the show, and it doesn't seem it'll go too much in that direction again (maybe).

As for episode 2, there's this awkward balance of feeling bad for Machi, but then at the same time you're laughing because of the silly situations she gets into. There's some pretty weirdly executed humor in this show.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Lmao Damn, Machi, now that's what I call a wipeout Anime hyper I forgot trance music even existed. This show is too funny. Easily my most anticipated every week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Some reasonably good moments in the episode. I liked the dancing but with the DJ scene, flashback of being in a trance. And the outfit bit, where I liked #1 and #4.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Lol I don't have anything against strong women, but that girl's just violent as hell Anime hyper Loved the initial exchange between her and Machi, but I didn't at all enjoy Machis little infomercial about the clothing company. A shopping event could have been hilarious...instead, it was just "informative".

But I did want to bring up one thing that has been nagging at me. I remember reading the episode 3 review and the reviewer said that Natsu was angry at the Miko outfit with bear ears. However, I got the impression that Natsu entered this little slip of an animal in heat because of the outfit, not that he was angry. His flustered behavior afterwards only made me more sure that's what happened.
In this episode, when the villagers are discussing the miko outfits, Natsu brings up the bear outfit, which prompts a fan service shot of Machi. I don't think that would have played out that calmly if Natsu hated the outfit. So, am I wrong in assuming Natsus reaction to the outfit was lust? I'd like to hear some other opinions on it. (Not that it's an important plot point, I'm just curious)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

What happened to Machi? Was she possessed by something or is she just strangely knowledgeable about the store.

That girl is scary. I thought it could just be misunderstanding, but she pulls her hair among other things. She does not seem bad though, just pretty rough, and it feels a little refreshing. She also had a strangely girly side too when she started to bond with Machi.

I was wracking my brain in what the deal with the OP was. Checked the encyclopaedia and kind of surprised that it arrangement and lyrics are done by Bonjour Suzuki, who have done the OP for Yurikuma Arashi and ED of Luluco, although I cannot find anything on who is performing this. Regardless I am wondering why Bonjour Suzuki does not do more.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
"Read between the lines."
Laughing That actually made me laugh.

Machi is somewhat similar to her cousin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3