• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
And since someone brought up Dragonar Academy and Blade Dance, I'll admit I didn't really like either of them

I liked Blade Dance a LOT more than Dragonar. Kamito was awesome (and sexy lol) Claire was a good love interest, and the underlying mystery of Kamito's past had me really intrigued. I definitely want to know how this story ends and plan to read the manga to get that.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Coughreadthebookscough.

Oh, sorry, something caught in my throat.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Lol I tried that but I couldn't get immersed into it. I think it's just hard for me to read large amounts of text on the PC. I might try again but eh....no, that's right; I just got a new tablet for Christmas...I'll try using that way. Anime hyper
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Well they got that resolved. Took only two episodes but it's what I'd expect with a 1-cour adaptation. Damn... Krulcifer went all out with that kiss (twice!) at the end LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:26 am Reply with quote
Blade Dance LN is very good.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
it's going to be a 2 on 2 fight so it at least avoids the "men fight with the woman as a prize" thing.

I... guess not? That fight was pretty meh. Meh.

So isn't Lisha supposed to be the main heroine? I feel like she hasn't gotten all that much screentime.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:11 pm Reply with quote
BITCH. Get your lips off Lisha's man! Twisted Evil

Argh. I really hate when the spoiler[wrong girl/boy steals the MC's kiss]...it's just a pet peeve of mine.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Argh. I really hate when the spoiler[wrong girl/boy steals the MC's kiss]...it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Well, at least it wasn't his first kiss.

Anyone else find the translation of this episode to be a bit... off? It was really bugging me that it wasn't quite right.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:34 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, Phi's stock keeps rising by the episode. Lux destroyed his country for her, she accepted him when no one else would, gives him a hug when he's upset...

Sorry Lisha, but... *Waves Phi flag*
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Celestia is pretty. Is it also just me or does Lux better with girly clothes?

Lol, I noticed the change in the ending...they even inserted "Luno" as part of the end card.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:04 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Lol, I noticed the change in the ending...they even inserted "Luno" as part of the end card.

I might be mistaken, but I think it was that it had him in a suit or something holding a bouquet of flowers, but this time Lux with Luno in a dress, holding the flowers with a not too happy look on his face.

Also, could Phi know that he just needed a hug?

And it really seems that it is the other girl who has the problem.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
To be honest, Phi's stock keeps rising by the episode. Lux destroyed his country for her, she accepted him when no one else would, gives him a hug when he's upset...

Sorry Lisha, but... *Waves Phi flag*

Yeah Phi's great (though I think Saya from Asterisk War was better). She's a bit dopey, but in a cute way. And she has a big heart. I'm still on the Lisha boat, but is she really the main female lead? She is not getting any more screentime than the other girls so I'm starting to doubt myself.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Lisha's definitely the main because she had the first encounter on screen, plus she certainly gets more screentime than Phi and Krulucifer. Plus she gets more screentime in the OP too; because when it starts up, we only see her and Lux alone together.

Anyway, Celes is a refreshing new character. I like how she only talks to cats because she's socially-impaired. Anime hyper
And I like how spoiler[she doesn't actually hate guys.] Chars like this normally annoy me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Meh at this point, I don't care much about the story anymore. It's obviously rushed and every episode/segment/arc features a different main girl in some sort of conflict. And this time, it's about Celestia.

At least action is still somewhat nice

Oh right, this was also the inevitable beach episode.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
So I fell behind on pretty much every show that I'm watching. Vaisaga mentioned that the show's subs has been pretty iffy and I sort of noticed but didn't really pay much attention to it. Until episode 6, that is.

Right when big-boobs-blonde-senpai stopped the attacker dude, the lines were so bad. "I will not allow that. That is not permissible by me." Errrr, isn't this redundant? I mean, my Japanese isn't fluent or anything but the translation itself is really questionable. That's about it for the translation issues since I don't want to harp on it. It's not like it improves or takes away from my "enjoyment" of the show.

Onto my main issue(s), I'm so lost as to why Celestia wants Lux out of the school. It seems that his presence as a male is the issue but then she rambles on wanting to protect him and the school. What exactly is her motive?

Alrighty, onto episode 7.

What I liked: Airi cameo. More. Give me more. FUEL ME.
What I disliked: Lisha's WAH YOU'S A PERV. just remove her from the show, she's pretty much irrelevant at this point.

Great that they explained the unnecessarily cryptic reason for Celes' wanting Lux out of the school. But couldn't she just refused his company in searching the Ragnarok thingy and let him stay? It's not like the entire school is sent out for battle when the Gargoyles or whatever appear anyways. And if they do, then the show has done a poor job of showing that.

Maybe it's because I fell behind on my shows but I'm lost about the different subplots occurring simultaneously. The whole traitor business felt kind of thrown in there to have some conflict between Celes and Lux. I wished they had hinted at this in Krul's arc which would have been some decent foreshadowing (though I admit I forgot everything that happened in that arc except the kiss).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6