• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood DVD Collection 1
Fruits Basket Manga 22

Since it's been confirmed that Funi's FMA:B license is expiring, I figured I'd better get on it. DVD version since the BDs are a known upscale from 540p. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since Brotherhood aired or since Funi released it, but I guess it did air in Spring 2009, and Funi licensed it right from the get-go. I would've expected the license for a major property like FMA:B to last longer than the typical 7-year period, as Funi's license for FMA '03 and many other titles have, but I suppose Funi would've been able to renew FMA '03 in 2010-2011 before The Ascent of Aniplex took over. At least Funi was able to start releasing even before the Japanese broadcast ended.

FB 22 is inching towards completing the series, and of course reaching the free shipping point. Hopefully FMA B Collection 2 stays around long enough for me to pick it and FB 23 up in a few weeks. And of course, there's still Star of MIlos and the two OVA collections if I want to be a completionist with the FMA franchise...
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as how Seven Deadly Sins became my new manga addiction almost as soon as I read it (why did I wait so long to start this damn thing?), and my one co-worker works at both the movie store and a Barnes & Nobles, he let me use his employee discount to get the volumes I was missing, 4,5,6,12. Normally, I'd be patient and wait for the comic shop to get them in and have a half off sale, but 30% off isn't bad for things I simply must have right this second. In exchange, I also gave him a ride (to the movie store, where he also works tonight)
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Another round of purchases!

From Barnes & Noble:
A Silent Voice Vol. 5

From FYE:
Sebastian Black Butler POP! figure

From Amazon:
FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Collections 1 and 2 Blu-Ray - Rushing to get this ASAP before the license does run out and the price gets jacked up!

From TRSI:
Black Butler II Anime Classics Blu-Ray/DVD Combo
Jack the Ripper: Hell Blade Vols. 3 and 5

BBII I decided to order now before Funi loses the license to the previous seasons (since I'm feeling confident their license for BBIII is safe, with the set coming out in April), and the manga is to complete my husband's series. I also ordered two blind boxes to boost up to free shipping.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Received today from the comic shop:
Manga:
Kiss Him, Not Me! volume 3
Oreimo Kuroneko volume 4

Slow week for manga.

Received today from RACS:
Anime:
Lord Marksman and Vanadis complete series DVD/Bluray combo
Shirobako Collection 1 Bluray
Neon Genesis Evangelion 3.33 You Can (Not) Redo movie Bluray
Tamako Market complete collection Bluray
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Went on a massive binge at the comic shop the other day:

Kiss of the Rose Princess 7
Blue Exorcist 14
Kiss Him Not Me 3
Vinland Saga 7
Demon From Afar 5
Chi's Sweet Home Omnibus 2
Nisekoi 13
Horimya 2
He's My Only Vampire 5

Vikings and kittens yeah!
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Gundam Evolve off Rightstuf.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Used a gift card from Xmas and picked up:

Accel World Novel 1: Kuroyukihime's Return
Accel World Novel 2: The Red Storm Princess
Accel World Novel 3: The Twilight Marauder
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Went to the library today to pay my husband's fines, but at their usual book sale they were carrying manga for $1 a volume. It was random series and volumes, but we walked away with I Luv Halloween Vols. 1-3 (it's an OEL; my husband loved the art style and story) and Fushigi Yugi: The Mysterious Play Vols. 1, 9, 11, and 13. I've been interested in Fushigi Yugi since I love Yu Watase's other works, so I figure at $1 each I couldn't go wrong with starting my collectiong.

Sadly, this makes two Watase works on my shelf that I need to pick up random volumes in order to complete it (the other being Ceres: Celestial Legend). It was three, but I completed Alice 19th last week. Don't know what it is about Watase's works that compels me to buy random volumes in random order, though. XP
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I wasn't thinking I was gonna get anything from the Sentai sale, but there were a few things I supposed I "needed". I really wanted a Discotek sale though, I need things from that sale way more (namely, Giant Gorg and IGPX). Also, I think my Got Anime expires this month, but I'm not sure if I want to renew it this year, now that I work at the movie store.
Space Brothers 7, 8 and Higurashi Kai namely. Owning Higurashi Kai has been a long time in the making, after all. I'm just confused as to it's so much more expensive than season 1 when they're about the same amount of episodes, but Kai doesn't have a dub, but season 1 includes it (though it's not like they ever paid to produce the dub themselves at least)
I had also considered getting Majestic Prince, but I was already spending enough as is. I'm sure it'll be in the holiday sale this year in 10 months. So will Space Bros 7, 8, and Higurashi, but I'm allowed to be impatient on some things.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Purchased Friday but forgot to post:

- Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Blu-ray (only $10 used @ FYE)

- Love Love? DVD ($26, also used @ FYE)
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Went on a small RightStuf spree. Fate/Stay Night 2006 and Fate/Kalied Liner Prisma Illya because they were both $5.00 and Persona 4: The Animation becuse it was $15.00. Gotta get my Aniplex titles before they're gone!

Last edited by mglittlerobin on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Received today from the comic shop:
manga:

Franken Fran Omnibus volumes 1&2
Tokyo ESP volume 3 Note: this is also an omnibus but Vertical doesn't note that.
Monster Musume volume 8
Dragonar Academy volume 9
Angel Beats! Heaven's Door volume 1

Also got word from TRSI that Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works part 2 had shipped. I'll probably get it next week.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Because of TRSI's $5/$7.50/$10 surprise sale on a few Sentai titles (likely overstocks they need to clear out), I just placed an order for:

AKB0048 on Blu-ray, $10 (originally $69.99)
AKB0048 next stage on Blu-ray, $10 (originally $69.99)

So, just got $140 worth of anime for $20...score! Sentai BD's are usually hellishly expensive, so to get them this cheap... now, why couldn't they have put the Blu-rays of Clannad & Clannad After Story on sale for $10/$15... Wink (likely not overstocked on that title LOL)
jonip

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
Since the latest post in here about month ago, I have bought these:

Manga
- Bokurano: Ours 1
- Gon 6 & 7
- Last of the Mohicans
- Scary Book 2: Insects
- Summer Wars 3
- Yotsuba&! 12

Anime
- Princess Mononoke

I completed two series (Gon and Summer Wars) just recently and earlier Urasawa's Pluto and Tezuka's Buddha so I thought it is okay to start new series. I have not read Bokurano's first volume but I think that it is worth of reading. Reminds me of Urasawa's 20th Century Boys.

Scary Book 2 and Last of the Mohicans were available with discount so I thought it would be better to buy those now than think later where to find them.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Bought some manga off of the Amazon Marketplace:

Ceres: Celestial Legend Vols. 4, 8, 10, 13
Arisa Vols. 1-3
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1236 of 1400