• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Myriad Colors Phantom World (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
WHAAAAAT no ReixHaru shiptease in this ep!? THERE SHOULD BE ONE IN EVERY EP. Buu buu, KyoAni.

Tsk, tsk. You're too green, Chiibi. Notice how Reina knows precisely why Haruhiro teams with Koito. She understands her man well.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:
WHAAAAAT no ReixHaru shiptease in this ep!? THERE SHOULD BE ONE IN EVERY EP. Buu buu, KyoAni.

Tsk, tsk. You're too green, Chiibi. Notice how Reina knows precisely why Haruhiro teams with Koito. She understands her man well.

That's a brilliant point. I actually did notice that and forgot later. Anime hyper I just meant how they didn't get affected by anime gravity this time.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Y'know, after all the uproar about the boob physics and fanservice in episode 1 or whatever, I actually miss those scenes. Give me tittay fanservice (and lots of Reina, please) or give me death!

Onto the actual episode itself, I don't really have much to comment. Koito being her edgy self was a bit boring to watch but since it seems she's more open (towards Haruhiko at least) by the end, I guess that's fine. I was hoping for there to be more of Kurumi but what little they showed was good enough, I guess. Now that the gang is mostly assembled, I'm curious what there will be to cover after the next episode which I assume to be Kurumi's arc. The Phantoms don't seem to disrupt life in any big way thus far -- it seems like they're just causing inconveniences.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Y'know, after all the uproar about the boob physics and fanservice in episode 1 or whatever, I actually miss those scenes.

Oh lord, I really don't. Show doesn't need them and it's so much better without them.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:56 pm Reply with quote
episode five

I wasn't sold on the idea that Mai was into Haruhiko until this episode. The jealousy was too obvious to ignore. And speaking of revelations about Mai, it wasn't until there were some clean shots of her standing right next to Reina this episode that I realize just how generally large she is.

Of course, the real question is, how long will it take to drag Koito into the fanservice? There's clearly more barriers to be broken down, here.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
episode four

I wasn't sold on the idea that Mai was into Haruhiko until this episode..

There is the tiniest of a hint in episode 03; when they go on a "date", and Mai's standing next to him, her fingers twitch nervously behind her back.

But it's very subtle and if you blink, you'd miss it.

Last edited by Chiibi on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
I kind of like Koito, by the end of the episode she seemed to open up a bit. Well as a poor social ability person I guess that I could sympathise with the eating lunch alone thing and such.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Hmm, I though it was a weird episode.

While I find it kinda cute about the way Kurumi got her role in the episode, it really weird with the otherworldly setting, the whole Kuma stuff, action, etc. Plus, her background story didn't really interest me much and the fantasy themes felt just weird.

I wonder if we will ever hear Albrecht talk again?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Haha I KNEW Kurumi was going to spoiler[go magical girl on us] in this episode. I KNEW it.

......the rest of it felt like a Saturday morning Disney cartoon. Anime hyper
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I like how Haruhiko made sure not to drink that stuff. He learned his lesson last time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
There is a Gummi Bears joke in here somewhere. Man, now I want Gummy Bears, but I have been really good lately in not eating lollies, but how could I not think about it after such a sweet episode.

Also, baby versions of the other girls at the beginning. And Ruru in sudden bear costume, makes me think of Yayoi.... actually now that I think about it Ruru is a lot like Akihito's mother from Beyond the Boundary.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Lol, they weren't kidding about a cat themed episode only that Kurumi became relevant since the strange phenomenon involved her cat....

Seriously though, everyone turned into a cat.
I think this show really has a thing for animals now - cats, bears, etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:37 am Reply with quote
I liked this one. It was so trippy.....but everything's better with cat ears!
And it was trippy in a good way; the visuals were cool and it really felt like a "haunted" house with all the ever-changing elements and strange imagery.

Speaking of imagery, I bet Reina with cat ears made EVERY man's day. Anime hyper

Stark700 wrote:

I think this show really has a thing for animals now - cats, bears, etc.

Don't forget bunnies. :'D
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Eh. . . Kind of getting bored with this show even if it's still pretty to look at. I appreciate how they explain the actual Schrodinger Cat stuff rather than the common misconception of it so that's cool. But the episodic stuff isn't as entertaining as it once was. I really hope there's more to this show than phantom-of-the-week shenanigans. I missed it at first (maybe due to boredom) but there was a bit of Mai's boobs physics -- which was nice to see after some disappointing 24 minutes.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:20 am Reply with quote
I'm with EmbraceMe, expect I've found this show to be pretty boring from the get-go. It's not funny and it's not interesting. The characters are decent, but really the only thing that I find to be good about this show is the animation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9