• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Assassination Classroom season 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
As far as names go, I'd rather everyone call each other by their given names in anime. Japanese surnames are sometimes annoying to pronounce and I find it weird that most characters in anime get mad at being called by their first name.

Different cultures. In the West, most people's "default status" is to call each other on given-name basis, with the usage of last names for more formal occasions (awards ceremony, courtroom). In East Asians cultures, it's the other way around (first-name basis is used after establishing a close relationship).

Wikipedia's entry on the matter. A blog post about the difference between addressing "Japanese-looking people" to "foreigners."

Edit: Any particular reason why the forum was split to Season 1 and Season 2?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:10 pm Reply with quote
the galge main character joke was great, too bad the subtitles had to change it to somethign more accesible yet less funny.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote
Ep 4 review wrote:
At this point, he's no more out of place in the classroom than any of the other eccentric members of Class E.

I have mixed feelings about the story adding him to the class. Although they are doing their usual great job with the classroom character, the ensemble of this anime is already too big for the airtime that is available. It seems every character gets shortchanged no matter how good the exposure they do get is. And now one more.

But still, great anime.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:02 am Reply with quote
I think this ep is a good example of why this show is so interesting in the first place. Unfair discrimination, unorthodox strategies, fun character work and comedy all wrapped up neatly with a bow.

That said, I don't think E Class' luck can hold out for much longer. Some of the students specifically said that some people on the main campus don't look down on them any more, and I doubt the principal is just going to let that slide...
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:10 am Reply with quote
people are not prepared for what's about to come. don't worry about risks. it's about to take many. it's about to get into the section like Gintama anime at the moment, with over arching arcs of seriousness and top class writing back to back. next week (and maybe the week after) will be the calm before the storm. the storm that still hasn't stopped in the manga
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Apparently, they skipped Takebayashi arc and I find it disappointed cause I 've always wanted to see spoiler[Koro-sensei with dark-brown color skin who sucks at hiding] being animated.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:23 am Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
Apparently, they skipped Takebayashi arc and I find it disappointed cause I 've always wanted to see spoiler[Koro-sensei with dark-brown color skin who sucks at hiding] being animated.

they did but for good reason though. they want to get to the main part of the story as soon as possible. they probably plan to end the anime with a movie. probably kept that arc for ova's similar to how Gintama is doing its remaining comedy arcs
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
So they are doing the same thing like Gintama. But why they are rushing it and wanted to end it quickly? Is it something to do with limited resources(time,financial,etc) or other unexplained reasons?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Admiral Pizzaman wrote:
So they are doing the same thing like Gintama. But why they are rushing it and wanted to end it quickly? Is it something to do with limited resources(time,financial,etc) or other unexplained reasons?

The main thing is the anime'studio audience.anime still crazy popular but anice only audience are getting sick of the formula.
that and this is the studios first ever season 2 so they are just thinking precautions. also very likely that they'll end the adaptation with a 2+ hour film
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:23 am Reply with quote
I see. It cannot be helped then. Thank you.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Not sure I agree with Sensei getting physical with the students - particularly the ones who had nothing to do with the parkour incident.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:06 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
Not sure I agree with Sensei getting physical with the students - particularly the ones who had nothing to do with the parkour incident.

They all had to do with it, though. Every single student was hardcore parkouring that day.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:

that's hwo it is in non-firstworld-westerners countries, teachers are still allowed that kidn of authority and since it's socially accepted it's not seen as a violent/traumatic experience.

Quote:
The scene where Koro Sensei reveals the newly renovated building to the elderly principal is a comedic highlight, and anyone who's sat through a home improvement show will get a kick out of Assassination Classroom's take on the overly sappy “before and after” sequence.

thanks I missed the fact that it was a parody and tought of it as a low in the episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

I think I just saw this plot a few months ago in Majin Bone. Smile But they did some original things with it, so I don't mind. I think Nagisa's advice to the girl will get her through school, but she'll never make any friends that way.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
JaggedAuthor wrote:

They all had to do with it, though. Every single student was hardcore parkouring that day.

You sure? It looked like Kaede, Manami, Sumire and a number of other students who weren't present when the incident took place received slightly softer slaps in the classroom the following day, with Sensei begging forgiveness before administering each slap. Sumire claimed this was done in the interest of "keeping things fair," but it seemed pretty unfair to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10