• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - First Impressions: Fire Emblem Fates

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
The SE version of Fates was Sold Out by the end of the day it came out in my town :/ Seriously, for 3 games it's a great value. Does anyone know how much the 3rd Campaign is going to cost once it comes out on DLC?
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
The SE version of Fates was Sold Out by the end of the day it came out in my town :/ Seriously, for 3 games it's a great value. Does anyone know how much the 3rd Campaign is going to cost once it comes out on DLC?

Each route you don't have in Fates will cost $19.99 upon release. The Special Edition truly is a great deal.

Side note: people in Puerto Rico are very much hosed with this game because Gamestop is leaving the Puerto Rican market--so Amazon and Nintendo's eShop are our only options, unless Walmarts in our area also decide to stock it.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to picking up a copy of Conquest tomorrow. I can hardly wait. Very Happy
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:
Does anyone know how much the 3rd Campaign is going to cost once it comes out on DLC?

$20.00.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:13 pm Reply with quote
SFV is a huge mass mess. I will not buy it unless is complete, I hate season pass b*llcr*p... But shame this is the future of gaming.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I hadn't even heard about the Chun Li controversy. Guess it got overshadowed by all the controversy regarding the issues with its launch. From what I understand, the game really should have come out next month because that's when Capcom will be adding a lot of the features that should have been in there from the start but they had to rush it out for it to eligible for some tournament.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
FalconPunch wrote:
SFV is a huge mass mess. I will not buy it unless is complete, I hate season pass b*llcr*p... But shame this is the future of gaming.
You know that the season pass only includes extra characters? All the missing modes and features will be free once they release them.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
The King of Dinosaurs has to be the most refreshing character design I've seen in a while. :)
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Raiden V comes out on PS4 or if on PC be compatible with 7 or 8.1, I want nothing to do with the spyware OS Windows 10 well unless someone sends me an Enterprise version for free where every offending feature that's a security issue is turned off by default.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I hadn't even heard about the Chun Li controversy. Guess it got overshadowed by all the controversy regarding the issues with its launch. From what I understand, the game really should have come out next month because that's when Capcom will be adding a lot of the features that should have been in there from the start but they had to rush it out for it to eligible for some tournament.

I'm actually hearing about it now based on a YT'ber I listen to. I mean...look I wonder who is responsible for what is and what isn't the game. I mean, jeez the craziness is really for the Japanese fans, the Western fans comes second. I mean whatever they do to their characters who really gives a sh*t. Now I'll admit Chun-Li is a great character and she always came off as classy. I mean they've been pandering her for years now. So now they decided to go a little further and it's a controversy. But meanwhile Laura is all over the map. I'm really curious to who is responsible Capcom East of Capcom West.

IMHO, the game industry is becoming a mess now. Folks are screaming about very mundane crap and yet there has hardly been any games released that even take fans back to when the gaming era was good and enjoyable.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
A leaked roster had about ten supposedly unfamiliar names, plus the never-before-playable Alice Chrysler. Of course, it didn't have Kasumi Todo or Eiji Kisaragi, so I hope it's not accurate.

Is there any news on Duck King, Blue Mary or that little chap with the claws from KoF '95 who always frightened me? I forget his name through fear.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Not much into Street Fighter nowadays, but when I was younger I always played as Chun Li. So they souped her up, if it is okay to modify Lara Croft from Tomb Raider and Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite to appeal to certain fans, then it should be fair for Street Fighter to modify Chun Li for other fans.
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Everything is going to hell as of late especially with Japanese game studios. Lazy ports, rushed titles, unfair copyright claims. It's all there.
toddc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
A leaked roster had about ten supposedly unfamiliar names, plus the never-before-playable Alice Chrysler. Of course, it didn't have Kasumi Todo or Eiji Kisaragi, so I hope it's not accurate.

Is there any news on Duck King, Blue Mary or that little chap with the claws from KoF '95 who always frightened me? I forget his name through fear.

The alleged roster comes from a dodgy source. It's consistent with the revelations so far, though, apart from Tizoc's costume and name change. Blue Mary and Duck King are missing, but Choi, the claws dude, is on a team with Chang and a new criminal pal.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:45 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
I hadn't even heard about the Chun Li controversy. Guess it got overshadowed by all the controversy regarding the issues with its launch.

I think it's a good measure of priorities if someone is more concerned with rushed, unfinished games than a character having jiggle physics. I don't think you should take anyone seriously if they think boob jiggles are worse for the industry than terrible anti-consumer practices.

I haven't played Street Fighter since the third one, one of the third ones. I play fighting games more casually than competitively, so if it was rushed out to be in some tournament that's unfortunate. Capcom has been adopting Western gaming practices for a while now though so I shouldn't be too surprised they're going the way of Ubisoft and Bethesda.

-Stuart Smith
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6