• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: HoiHoi-san, Sengoku Gakudō Nikki Manga Animated for TV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:11 am Reply with quote
i liked that one shot OAV of Hoi Hoi-san...very cute...

can't wait to see an expanded plotline featuring cute bug killer...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
Man, that one-shot OVA episode was such a teaser (and not to mention really spiffy)! I'm glad now it getting a TV series probably since there are more manga volumes to work with.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:24 am Reply with quote
Coolness. I liked the little OVA they released for it awhile back. I even picked up the comic for it. I love 'Kunihiko-san's artwork. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I bought 'Key the Metal Idol' awhile back and I still have yet to watch it. But I know it's good.

Oh, keep in mind that he also did the character designs for the first 'Xenosaga'. And while he had some involvement with the second 'Xenosaga' game... we won't go into that. Razz

The one shot OVA for HoiHoi-san was an extra that came with the comic. There were 2 editions. The limited ED, which came with both the comic and DVD. The regular ED was just the comic.

I'm sure that the creator is too thrilled about this. Can't wait to see it.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Surprised Surprised
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:42 am Reply with quote
I have some great Tanaka artwork in "Xenogears Perfect Works," as well as my copy of "Xenosaga Official Design Materials". As much as his designs for both games were criticized, I liked them.

I haven't seen Key, but I'll probably do so eventually. It sounds like the type of show I'd enjoy.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
Xenofan 29A wrote:
I have some great Tanaka artwork in "Xenogears Perfect Works," as well as my copy of "Xenosaga Official Design Materials". As much as his designs for both games were criticized, I liked them.

I haven't seen Key, but I'll probably do so eventually. It sounds like the type of show I'd enjoy.

Me too! Great stuff! Everyone I knew wanted those 2 books. I still have yet to play 'Xenogears'. Glad I didn't sell it. Almost did.

If you've never saw 'Key' (and I have yet to. I will when I crack open my boxset), try to find someone that owns it. And if you like it enough to buy it I would grab it quick. Since it was released by 'VIZ' some years ago it has a good chance of going out of circulation.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
[quote="Chrno2"]
Xenofan 29A wrote:
Me too! Great stuff! Everyone I knew wanted those 2 books. I still have yet to play 'Xenogears'. Glad I didn't sell it. Almost did.

My avatar, of course, is from my copy of the XG soundtrack. I also own a Japanese copy of the game, although I have yet to mod my system so I can play it...

His designs were mutilated in the Xenosaga anime. Will he be animation character designer here, or just credited for "original character designs"?
uLTraCarL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Sick! It's about time Hoihoi-san gets some TV time Cool Cool Cool Cool
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I bought 'Key the Metal Idol' awhile back and I still have yet to watch it. But I know it's good.

Me too! It has just been sitting there. But ironically I cracked it open two days ago and right now I am on episode 8. I must say I am enjoying it quite well so far. I didn't think it would be all that special, but the story really draws you in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah!!!! HoiHoi-san finally gets a series. I really liked that OVA. Very Happy
-gecko-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy!! Very Happy

I was so disapointed when I found out the one ep I saw was all there was. It seemed that there was so much more that could be done with this that I yearned for something more. I had no access to manga at the time.

Great news!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:38 am Reply with quote
I thought back when the 10-minute OVA was created that this was seriously worthy of a TV series. Combat-san vs. Hoihoi-san was just a hoot. I'm glad its finally getting a TV series and hopefully, they do a good job.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:41 am Reply with quote
What I love about Hoi-Hoi-san is the irony. She's cute, but she actually acts like what she is: nothing but a bug-killing machine. No anthropomorphism here!
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Volume 1 (on sale September 19) of MediaWorks' new Dengeki Black Maoh manga magazine will announce that Kunihiko Tanaka's Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san manga about a cute, robotic bug exterminator will be animated for television.

This appears to be bogus information (gaseneta) from Moon Phase.

Fans in Japan who already have Vol. 1 of the Dengeki Black Maoh magazine are reporting on a number of different threads at 2ch that there is no word in it on any new animation for Ichigeki Sacchuu!! HoiHoi-san.

Please check up on it.
dinoho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Moon Phase has updated that info regarding the TV series is incorrect. The only thing that is true is Dengeki Black Maoh volume 1 will include announcement regarding HoiHoi-san. At this time just consider this news as a pure rumor.
Enner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:45 am Reply with quote
Awww...
And I was eager to see more Hoi Hoi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1