• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
First volumes of Asterisk and RE:Zero need moving to novels.
Also, novel 4 of Black Bullet with the subtitle "Vengeance is Mine".

[Done]
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:48 am Reply with quote
Legend of the Legendary Heroes Part 1 regular edition needs to be changed from (BD+DVD) (DVD) to just (BD+DVD) and moved into the combo pack section.

Also how do I go about adding a FUNimation Exclusive item? The hardcover edition of Attack on Titan Before the Fall is a FUNimation Shop exclusive.

[Done]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Also how do I go about adding a FUNimation Exclusive item? The hardcover edition of Attack on Titan Before the Fall is a FUNimation Shop exclusive.

I've added it with its ISBN-13; however, no associated store carries this exclusive hardcover release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
Overlord, Vol.1 needs its subtitle added. - "The Undead King"

[Done]
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
Sakura Wars Volume 3 has the wrong cover image. It's showing the cover for volume 4 instead of volume 3.

This is the correct cover for volume 3.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41NQG86YW5L.jpg

[Done]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
The Sekirei Seasons 1&2 Box Set needs to also be linked to the encyclopedia page for Sekirei: Pure Engagement. The release also needs to be moved into the combo-pack section.

The Sekirei: Pure Engagement RE needs to be moved into the combo-pack section. This release for Sekirei S1 needs to be moved into the combo pack section.

Lastly, the Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Limited Edition needs to be moved into the combo pack section, and needs its plot summary and features listed which can be found on the Rightstuf listing.

[Done]
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:35 am Reply with quote
-Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Set 2 needs its plot summary and features and such listed from the Rightstuf listing. It also needs its MSRP listed. [Done]
-Saekano Set 1 needs to be renamed to "Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend - Set 1" and the ".1" at the end of the volume number needs to be removed. It also needs its plot summary and extras listed from the Rightstuf listing. It also needs its MSRP listed. [Done]
-Saekano Set 2 needs its plot summary and extras listed from the Rightstuf listing. It also needs its MSRP listed. [Done]
-Princess Tutu: Complete Collection (2016 re-release) needs its plot summary and extras listed from the Rightstuf listing. [Done]
-The Garden of Sinners Standard Edition Blu-ray needs its plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing listed. It also needs the volume number to be edited to show it's a sub-only release, and title needs to renamed to "The Garden of Sinners - Standard Edition [Import]" or something to make it more known it's the standard edition import, not the old limited edition import from 2011.[Done]

Is it me or is it impossible to get the plot summary and extras listed right away when you submit an entry anymore? Every time now I try to make an entry (these were all mine), it fails to get the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing. Is there any way to change this? I'd hate to bring up every single entry with this issue as there's many more I saw, not just the issue of them missing some info (Ex: I've seen many entries not list extras, but they have at least the plot summary). It's a pain when an entry for a release doesn't list extras, especially when it's OOP and you have to search for back covers and the like as you can't find the old Rightstuf listings (this was possible until the site change last summer).

[Edit]Another issue I just noticed, if you have only Rightstuf URL's to work with (so this affects mainly Ponycan USA, NISA, and AoA releases), it fails to list the MSRP.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Seraph of the End novels two and three should be moved from graphic to light novels.
The subtitle for Nisekoi manga volume 15 is "Beauty Contest"

[done]
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
The following imports need to be added. I tried to add them, but couldn't as there's no UPC as they're imports.
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Garakowa-Restore-the-World-Import-Edition-Blu-ray-CD [done]
http://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Anthem-of-the-Heart-Standard-Edition-Blu-ray-Import [done]
http://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Anthem-of-the-Heart-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-Import [done]

Also, while it's long sold out, I feel this FUNimation Exclusive release of Attack on Titan Part 2 should be added given the first FUNimation Shop Exclusive CE is in the encyclopedia. [done]

These need to have their plot summary and extras from their Rightstuf listing listed.
Parasyte: Collection 1 (DVD)
Durarara!!x2 Blu-ray Volume 3
Durarara!!x2 Blu-ray Volume 4
Durarara!!x2 DVD Volume 3
Durarara!!x2 DVD Volume 4
Akame ga Kill!: Collection 1 (Blu-ray)
Akame ga Kill!: Collection 1 Limited Edition (Combo Pack)
Akame ga Kill!: Collection 1 (DVD)
Akame ga Kill!: Collection 2 (DVD)
Your lie in April Set 1
Your lie in April Set 2
The Irregular at Magic High School: Set 3
Daily Lives of High School Boys: Complete Series (Standard Edition)
If Her Flag Breaks: Premium Edition
The Pilot's Love Song: Premium Edition
The Prince and the Pilot: Standard Edition
Yuruyuri: Happy Go Lily Season 2: Standard Edition
Etotama Volume 3-This also needs its title fixed so it matches the other two volumes, and needs to be moved to the combo pack section. This review also needs to be linked to it. I just recently added this, and it seems I'm still having issues with getting the entry to retrieve the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing.

Denki-gai Volume 1 needs to have its title edited slightly to indicate it's the first subbed-only combo pack. [done]

These Ponycan USA releases need to be moved into the combo pack section.
Denki-gai Volume 2
Denki-gai Volume 3
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3.
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3. These also need their titles edited a bit as it looks like a complete mess on the encyclopedia entry for the show.

This Fate/stay night: UBW 2 review needs to be linked to this release instead of this release. [done]

Sorry for the long post, kinda annoys me when I see so many releases with these problems. The Rightstuf link problem definitely needs to be fixed, especially given how many releases were affected, mainly NISA, AoA, and Ponycan USA releases where the only links you have to work with are Rightstuf's.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if these have previously been mentioned, or if it's possible to add them, but in updating my collection I've found that:

EDIT: Whoops, I also requested Attack on Titan Part 2 Funimation Exclusive edition to be included, not noticing it was mentioned directly above me. Anime smile;;

Bubblegum Crisis doesn't have any of its Blu-ray releases listed, which are/were available via KickStarter and AnimEigo's website.

The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki (Amazon Exclusive) should probably be added for each of the films it applies to. I'd attempt it myself but I've never added a mult-entry release before. [done]

I asked this forever ago, but if it's now possible to add unconventional releases manually (and maybe it's not), Tekken: Blood Vengeance currently only has its DVD releases listed because the Blu-ray release was a game/movie hybrid that didn't easily fit into the system. (also predictably had a Limited Edition release as well)
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
Psycho-Pass Part 1 and Part 2 need to be moved into the combo pack section.

Psycho-Pass 2: Premium Edition needs to be moved into the Blu-ray section, it's a Blu-ray-only release.

[Edit](Didn't feel like making another post for one single release)
The Beyond the Boundary Limited Edition needs to be moved into the combo pack section.

[done]

Last edited by BigOnAnime on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
Bubblegum Crisis doesn't have any of its Blu-ray releases listed, which are/were available via KickStarter and AnimEigo's website.

Without at least a UPC/EAN code, I can't add a release even manually.

Quote:
I asked this forever ago, but if it's now possible to add unconventional releases manually (and maybe it's not), Tekken: Blood Vengeance currently only has its DVD releases listed because the Blu-ray release was a game/movie hybrid that didn't easily fit into the system. (also predictably had a Limited Edition release as well)

Like .hack//Liminality back in the day, the problem with this is that it isn't a DVD release; it's a game that happens to include a DVD, and games are out of scope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:55 am Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
These Ponycan USA releases need to be moved into the combo pack section.
Denki-gai Volume 2
Denki-gai Volume 3
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3.
Cute High Earth Defense Club Love! Volume 1, Volume 2, and Volume 3. These also need their titles edited a bit as it looks like a complete mess on the encyclopedia entry for the show.

As discussed a couple of pages ago, there is currently no facility for combo packs to be designated as sub-only.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:29 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
As discussed a couple of pages ago, there is currently no facility for combo packs to be designated as sub-only.

Which then brings up the question on which is more important: format or language?

Personally, my first instinct would be to list it as a combo pack, then figure some way on the page to note it as sub-only (or dub-only, if the case were).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 30 of 43