• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Pricing Details

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:30 pm Reply with quote
With Crunchyroll being £5 a month for standard (since a lot of the perks for the higher tier seem to be a bit redundant for UK viewers), £7 a month for Funimation stuff seems a bit...expensive. There's not a massive library like Crunchyroll so having to pay more for dub seems a bit much.
himeji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 am Reply with quote
It would be more sensible to use existing release services such as Crunchyroll (or even Netflix) rather than require fans to take out yet another subscription?

How many subscriptions will be required eventually?
Buzz201

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:37 am Reply with quote
himeji wrote:
It would be more sensible to use existing release services such as Crunchyroll (or even Netflix) rather than require fans to take out yet another subscription?

How many subscriptions will be required eventually?

No. Put simply, Funimation get way more money from having their own subscription service than other services. And it's not costing them that much extra either, since they have to pay for the US anyway.

I wouldn't worry too much, FunimationNow will probably kill off Animax, so it will likely just be Crunchyroll and Funimation.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Mogtaki wrote:
With Crunchyroll being £5 a month for standard (since a lot of the perks for the higher tier seem to be a bit redundant for UK viewers), £7 a month for Funimation stuff seems a bit...expensive. There's not a massive library like Crunchyroll so having to pay more for dub seems a bit much.

but it has a sub only option that's only £4 a month
Zemnort

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why people are complaining, I was expecting the Sub-Pass to be at least £12 and the dub be around £15, the prices we are getting are insanely good, they haven't even announced the whole library yet, and chances are, we're going to get more and more.
himeji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:24 am Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:
I don't see why people are complaining,

I'm complaining at the number of individual subscriptions. They soon add up to unreasonable amounts; not to mention the inconvenience of managing them.

It rapidly becomes economic to buy second-hand DVDs of already issued stuff; in which case you also have something to show for your money and to sell on if (when) you've had your fill of it.
marshall2000_uk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:42 am Reply with quote
himeji wrote:
Zemnort wrote:
I don't see why people are complaining,

I'm complaining at the number of individual subscriptions. They soon add up to unreasonable amounts; not to mention the inconvenience of managing them.

It rapidly becomes economic to buy second-hand DVDs of already issued stuff; in which case you also have something to show for your money and to sell on if (when) you've had your fill of it.

I know what you mean but u don't need them all, it's whatever suits you and if you find somethings on one service and not another cancel one and subscribe to the other and then go back once you've watched it.
Komugi°

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I think this is cheap... I think we will get many anime on it that we couldn't due to region stuff... I know there is always Kissanime but I want to support the people who make the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1