• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I don't think Lux sees her that way though...she's probably more like a sister to him.

Potentially, but still out of all the girls they have the strongest relationship. Lisha's gonna have to work extra hard to build up something with him on par with that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Hmm, a date theme episode at least for the first half.

Yoruka is cute and hot. I think Lux is lucky to have someone on his side for now. Out of the dates, I think Krulcifer's was the best one. The rest felt meh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The rest felt meh.

Like how Phi's was literally "take a nap on me"? Anime hyper

I thought the fireworks really symbolized the importance of Lisha's request. She didn't get enough screentime but that part was done well.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Good girl, Phi, prioritizing your man's comfort above all else.

But also props to Lisha for not getting too upset that he didn't pick her. Serving under her does not sound like a bad idea in the slightest.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Meh, this show has been very mediocre up to this point although Yoruka has quickly became my favorite girl out of the main cast. Finally, Lise became somewhat more relevant as well. She's lost a lot of prestige in the past few episodes tbh.

Eh the fight felt really stale. Lux using the Wyvern just doesn't look impressive compared to to the Bahamut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Hmm, I thought this show wasn't good in the end for the final episode. I just found it so uninteresting most of the time when watching it.

The only character I found slightly interesting to watch was Yoruka but she entered this season rather late so I lost most of my interest by the time she debuted. The fights were average at best imo and the finale felt rather rushed. Lise is also a poorly written character and I didn't find any decent character development for most of the others. Eh, yeah. I'm glad to see the series ended as I'll probably forget it real soon.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
"Ah. Thud. Good night." LOL

Lisha constantly losing her will to fight and having to rely on Lux to cheer her up certainly didn't amuse me. But then again I really couldn't brind myself to care all that much at this point. This show had its moments... I think, but mostly this show was just meh. Lisha didn't develop all that much during the course of this show. Lux was bland as hell. The female characters were sidelined. Pacing was rushed. The fights were boring and unimpressive. Phi was heartwarming... So I guess I kind of changed my mind in the end. I'd say I want Lux to end up with Lisha, but Phi was the best girl.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
If Schwarzesmarken was an example of a good adaptation, this show is it's opposite: It's got the trademark rushing and cramming in typical of LN shows. Wasn't helped by the sub par translation effort either.

Still, I enjoyed it well enough. The designs are great and the characters are likable. I might consider checking out the novels eventually.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Eh, it was ok. I was hoping for more than what I got....but LN adaptation....lol
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I think the episode did a pretty poor job at explaining what was going on, it was at least too complex and was not effectively conveyed to the audience. Fights could be pretty solid, but if the audience cannot understand why there is a fight, it loses some impact. Lux has been a bit too bland, I could not get a understanding of whether he was meant to be overpowered but holds back, or technically weak but with a skill that allows him to overcome obstacles. Maybe it would be better explained in written form, but not here.

Lise gets the wrong end of the stick, she feels like there might be more to her, but through the general series she seems mostly forgotten so they can add in every other girl. We are just sort of expected to understand why Lise is the main heroine, but no energy is put in to effectively develop her. I think she is taking centre stage in the finale, but it is really too late at this point. I would really point to other anime that worked it better, such as Bladedance where the main heroine is effectively written throughout. I think that there are a couple interesting moments, like the crossdressing thing, but this show mostly feels like it was trying to hit the standard light novel sort of tropes, rather than being something good on its own.

For a rating I would go for Decent (6/10), it is the sort of thing that is going to be forgotten, it really not well written, but I think that it is fairly decently animated. It is not bad to look at, I think the characters look okay, and the other heroines who receive the bulk of development and are somewhat interesting, make it not too much of a torture to sit through. People with more mature tastes probably are not going to be too interested in it, but lighter viewers may find it okay still.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Lise

DuskyPredator wrote:
Lise

lol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6