• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Release Corrections.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
The sub/dub/hyb format is a long-standing part of the system, whereas the combo pack is a much more recent addition. Prior to that, it was common to indicate a combo pack by putting "+DVD" as the volume number so the best solution in my eyes is to continue using that system in these edge cases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
This re-release of Sakura Wars needs to have "[Sentai Selects]" added to it. [done]

In addition to a bunch of titles from my last post, these also need their plot summaries and extras from their Rightstuf listings added.
Celestial Method Blu-ray
Celestial Method DVD

Kurau: Phantom Memory Volume 1 needs these extras added to the listing. [done]
Quote:
DVD Features: Clean Opening and Closing Animation, Key Words, Kurau Phantom Memory Promotional Video, Production Artwork, Booklet with Interviews and More, ADV Previews
Kurau: Phantom Memory Volume 5 needs these extras added to the listing. [done]
Quote:
DVD Features: Clean Opening and Closing Animation, Key Words, Production Artwork, Booklet with Interview and More, ADV Previews
Kurau: Phantom Memory Volume 6 needs all this added. [done]
Quote:
To counter the strength of the Kurau/Christmas bond, the Rynax twins launch a savage plan of divide and conquer, seeking to separate Kurau and her allies! Staggered by the attack, with her beliefs in her own kind already shattered. Kurau is further blindsided by yet another assault from the GPO! But even as that fight to the death reaches a climax, the tide of battle is turned again by a human element! For in the end, it is the human half of the ryna-sapien soul that may hold the key to salvation... if Kurau can find it in time!

DVD Features: Clean Opening and Closing Animation, Key Words, Production Artwork, Booklet with Interviews & More, ADV Previews
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Now that Evergreen is completed, here are the volume titles:
1 - Just Add Water
2 - Summer Sucks!
3 - Hot and Cold. Sun and Rain.
4 - To You, I Give Eternity.

Cheers!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Chibi Shoujo: Are you sure that's an actual volume title and not just part of the verbiage on the back?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Amazon, Rightstuf, Wikipedia (EN), Kinokuniya, and Worldcat all list the series as a variation on Evergreen <#>. Amazon does have the "subtitles" at the top of the descriptions, but it's written on the back cover, not the front (can't find a pic of the spine to confirm). Rightstuf doesn't even list these "subtitles" at all, nor does Worldcat. Wikipedia (EN) and Kinokuniya only list the name and volume, no description at all. Did check Wiki.JP, and they didn't even have a volume listing.

I would say that, unless they are on the spine, these are just tag lines above the blurb, and not subtitles.
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Based on other manga entries submitted by myself and others, I was under the impression that English publications rarely publish volume titles on the spine. I thought that if it stands out as a subtitle on the back of a volume, it is considered a volume title.

One example is YuYu Hakusho. The accepted volume titles for the releases don't clearly stand out on the back, and they are not on the spine. Yet with Evergreen, the title clearly stands out as separate from the blurb:

If I'm incorrect in this assumption, my post can be ignored. But I would like to know how I would differentiate between "official" volume titles and "subtitles" for future reference. I often submit my information based on my hard copies that I own, and I would like to avoid submitting incorrect information.
LunaSlashSea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I just added ebook releases for several manga, but they are showing as 'GN' instead of 'ebook'. Would someone correct them, please?

Shut-In Shoutarou Kominami Takes On the World, Vol. 1 [done]
release#31043

Shut-In Shoutarou Kominami Takes On the World, Vol. 2 [done]
release#31061

Shut-In Shoutarou Kominami Takes On the World, Vol. 3 [done]
release#31062

Idol Dreams, Vol. 1 [done]
release#31044

Idol Dreams, Vol. 2 [done]
release#31060

Handa-kun, Vol. 1 [done]
release#31045

Handa-kun, Vol. 2 [done]
release#31063

Handa-kun, Vol. 3 [done]
release#31064

Handa-kun, Vol. 4 [done]
release#31065

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 1 [done]
release#31046

Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun, Vol. 2 [done]
release#31047

The Demon Prince of Momochi House, Vol. 4 [done]
release#31066

Skip Beat!, Vol. 36 [done]
release#31067

Noragami: Stray God 3 [done]
release#31049

Noragami: Stray God 4 [done]
release#31050

Noragami: Stray God 5 [done]
release#31051

Noragami: Stray God 6 [done]
release#31052

Noragami: Stray God 7 [done]
release#31054

Noragami: Stray God 8 [done]
release#31055

Noragami: Stray God 9 [done]
release#31056

Noragami: Stray God 10 [done]
release#31057

Noragami: Stray God 11 [done]
release#31058

Noragami: Stray God 12 [done]
release#31059
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Vol.1 of the Oregairu manga needs a title change to "My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected @ comic".
Psycome (Novel 1) needs its subtitle, "Adolescent Murder".
Same for Accel World (Novel 6) - "Shrine Maiden of the Sacred Fire".
Spice & Wolf 17's page says (Novel 17) twice.
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As I Expected, vol.1 is missing a comma after Wrong and a capital A. Yen Press page for reference. Its release date was also moved back to 2016-09-20.

No Game No Life (Novel 5) release date has been pushed back to 2016-10-25.
No Game No Life (Novel 6) has also been pushed back to 2017-01-24...

Also, more releases that need moving to the "novel" category:
Sword Art Online - Alicization Beginning
Kagerou Daze - The Deceiving
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected, vol.2
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?, vol.7
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Sword Oratoria, vol.1
The Devil Is a Part-Timer is also missing its exclamation mark at the end.
Baccano! (GN 1) should be "Baccano! - The Rolling Bootlegs (Novel 1)"
Baccano (GN 2) should be "Baccano! - The Grand Punk Railroad: Local (Novel 2)"

[done]

Last edited by Double Mangekyo on Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:35 am Reply with quote
More in the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing need to be added. The issue of the system failing to retrieve that info is still a problem. These also need to be labeled as sub-only.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san Blu-ray
Gugure! Kokkuri-san DVD
Rail Wars! Blu-ray -This one also needs "Complete Collection" in the title.

These need to be changed from Bayview Entertainment to Nozomi Entertainment, Rightstuf, or Lucky Penny.
release#31003
release#31001
release#31002
release#30351
release#30700
release#30701
release#30999
release#31000
release#29765
release#29766
release#29767
release#29768
release#29763

[Edit]Just saw this a few days after my initial post. JoJo S1 is a hybrid release, not a sub-only release.
release#28769

[Edit 2]Black Butler S2 RE release date should be 5/28/2013. S2's RE didn't come out until after the LE sold out.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByYIDRsRkReJTzVKbTB4MWJHLXc/edit

[Edit 3]MB's release of Yamibo is NOT cancelled, it finally came out 3/31/2016.
release#24447
http://www.rightstufanime.com/Yamibo-Darkness-The-Hat-and-Travelers-of-the-Books-DVD-Complete-Series-S

Love Live! S2 Standard Edition needs the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing.
release#31143

Kamisama Kiss S2 needs this added to the description. release#30952
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Textless Opening, Textless Closings, Trailers

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English Subtitles
Kamisama Kiss S1 RE needs this added to the description. release#25442
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-13.

Special Features: Select Episode Commentaries, Video Commentary, Textless Songs, U.S. Trailer.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles.
This import needs to be added to the following entries.
http://www.rightstufanime.com/5-Centimeters-Per-Second-Blu-ray-Import
5 Centimeters Per Second (movie)
Voices of a Distant Star (OAV)
She and Her Cat (OAV)

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Sentai Selects needs the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing listed.
release#31096

Ghost in the Shell 25th Anniversary Edition Steelbook needs to be added under Blu-ray (Region A) and needs the plot summary and extras listed. This is apparently the exact same disc as the previous release, just no booklet.
release#31142
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?32587-Ghost-in-the-Shell-&p=356785&viewfull=1#post356785

This release of The Boy and the Beast is actually the combo pack, not the DVD-only release (which hasn't been added yet). Also, it needs the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing. It's currently for some reason getting that info from the Barnes & Noble listing.
release#31147

Also speaking of The Boy and the Beast, is there any way we can add these? There's a strange situation where FUNimation has rights only for the United States, while in Canada it's licensed by Mongrel Media.
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?43995-FUNimation-licenses-The-Boy-and-the-Beast-Canada-via-Mongrel-Media&p=357290&viewfull=1#post357290
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DYT0AX0/
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01DYSVLAW/

The Bodacious Space Pirates Movie needs the plot summary and extras from the Rightstuf listing.
release#30887
release#30905

[done]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
Bumping 'cause the last 3 or so posts haven't been addressed yet.
The Asterisk War, vol.2 needs moving to novels.
Kagerou Daze, vol.4 has been pushed back to 2016-07-19 according to Amazon and B&N.

[done]
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote
The issue with the plot summary and extras got fixed, so hopefully I don't have to bring any of those up anymore, only releases missing extras (that's the only info I typically see missing on much older release entries).

Anyway...

I see this import got added, but it also needs to be linked to these entries.
release#31053

anime#775
anime#2814 [done]

This re-release of Blue Submarine No.6 needs the space after "No." removed so it becomes "No.6" instead of being "No. 6".
release#31164

Also, I think the DTS part of the title needs to be changed a bit, though I'm not sure if it should be [DTS Edition] or (DTS Edition).

These FMA releases need their extras listed.

Regular Edition
Quote:
Special Features: The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look, Ura Hagane: Comedic Videos, Episode Commentary (19, 25, 51), L’Arc~en~Ciel "Ready Steady Go" Video, Textless Openings and Closings, Japanese Commercial, U.S. Trailer, Trailer.
Limited Edition
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-51 plus an art booklet and art cards.

Special Features: The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look, Ura Hagane: Comedic Videos, Episode Commentary (19, 25, 51), L’Arc~en~Ciel "Ready Steady Go" Video, Textless Openings and Closings, Japanese Commercial, U.S. Trailer, Trailer.
Collectors Edition
Quote:
Somewhere for the CE listing this also needs to be added, don't know why this isn't in the solicitation info.
Quote:
300-page Full-Color Artbook with Leather Texture Cover, Alchemy Book-styled Chipboard Box with Leather Texture and Gold Foil Accents, 10 Collectible Art cards with Textured Envelope, 3 Deluxe 8" x 10" Textured Art Prints, Suitcase Packaging with Leather Texture.
Psycho-Pass 2 Premium Edition needs this added to the description somewhere. For some reason this info hit only the Amazon listing, nowhere else.
Quote:
The Premium Edition includes a 60 pg. hardcover booklet and comes in a collectible box.
Strawberry Marshmallow DVD (do this only after the scraper gets the info, I just added the DVD version) and Blu-ray need this added under "Special Features". This info for some reason didn't make it to any retailer listing, but is on the back covers.
Quote:
Episode "0", Episode 1 & 2 Digest, Music Videos, Promo Video, TV Spots
Also with the BD, add right below the extras "(Some special features not available in HD)"

The FMA Shamballa BD re-release needs this added.
Quote:
Special Features: Special Prologue, Promotional Video, Teasers, Theater Ad, Trailers, U.S. Trailer.
No-Rin Combo Pack for some reason got the plot summary from Amazon. Here's what it needs from the Rightstuf listing instead.
Quote:
There once was a teen named Kosaku. Who was... mildly obsessed with an idol. He mailed her some veggies - to keep her bod healthy - and, SURPRISE, she showed up at agriculture school!

Now that Ringo (the pop artist formerly known as Yuka) is a student at Tamo Agricultural High School, she’s ready to ho, sow, and plow her way to the top! But first she has to learn... pretty much everything about farming. On top of that, Kosaku’s best friend, Minori, is waaaaaay jelly of his friendship with Ringo on account of her not-so-hidden feelings for him, and seeds of rivalry begin to sprout between the two. And the biggest mystery still remains: What’s a world famous pop star doing at an agricultural high school? Find out in the complete series of No-Rin!

Contains episodes 1-12.

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, Promotional Videos, Commercial Collection, Textless Opening "Himitsu no Doa kara Ai ni Kite", Textless Closing "Mo-Gi-Ta-Te ? Fruit Girls", U.S. Trailer, Trailers.

Darker Than Black Premium Edition needs this added.
Quote:
Contains episodes 1-26 plus a 48-page art book in specialty "classified" packaging. Comes with a display easel.

Special Features: Production Artwork, English Cast Auditions, Episode Commentary, Textless Opening and Closings.

This product is limited to 5000 units total.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
I believe everything from the last page is now done.
Triltaison

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:48 am Reply with quote
Please forgive me if this is the wrong place.

I've been adding things to the My Collection part of my profile and noticed that Attack on Titan is missing the DVD-only release for Part 2. It's a Walmart exclusive release, so I wasn't able to submit the release via conventional means. Part 1 is already listed. Here is Part 2: http://www.walmart.com/ip/37323177

I own a lot of old stuff, so I'm bound to stumble upon another missing thing that I might not be able to add. If this isn't the correct place to report such a thing, please do tell me the appropriate place to do so. Thank you!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I think I added volume 1, then forgot all about it.
I can't remember where I got the UPC though...
I've found it. Added.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:24 am Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 43