• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chi's Sweet Home (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 am Reply with quote

Chi's Sweet Home (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: cats, family

Plot Summary: Chi is a kitten who accidentally gets separated from her mother, and is unable to find her way home again. A boy and his family find Chi and give her a home.

------------------------------------------

Has anybody seen this show? I personally found it pretty boring, but I thought the animation was beautiful in both shows. It's a relatively short anime, but I still think it would be pretty cool to see it on a family-oriented television network. Seeing the art direction this show took back when it aired (kinda makes you think something made by Hallmark), I think it would be a pretty good fit for the Hallmark Channel. Your thoughts?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
So my initial course of action was going to be to lock this. Asking if a show should be on the Hallmark channel is kind of lacking for a topic. While you said you found the show boring you offer no insight as to why. You offer no real opinions on the show at all as to why you didn't like it. We generally expect users when creating a thread to answer their own question or topic themselves. However, after checking the Anime Series Index sticky we have no linked thread for discussion on Chi's Sweet Home.

So I am editing the title and turning this into the official discussion thread for Chi's Sweet Home. It is 3am here and I need sleep so I will put in the proper header and description tomorrow. However, please bear in mind that posts do need to have some sort of point to them to further discussion moving forward. Thank you.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
So my initial course of action was going to be to lock this. Asking if a show should be on the Hallmark channel is kind of lacking for a topic. While you said you found the show boring you offer no insight as to why. You offer no real opinions on the show at all as to why you didn't like it. We generally expect users when creating a thread to answer their own question or topic themselves. However, after checking the Anime Series Index sticky we have no linked thread for discussion on Chi's Sweet Home.

So I am editing the title and turning this into the official discussion thread for Chi's Sweet Home. It is 3am here and I need sleep so I will put in the proper header and description tomorrow. However, please bear in mind that posts do need to have some sort of point to them to further discussion moving forward. Thank you.

Sorry about that. it's been years since I've been on this forum, so I kinda forgot about some of the rules here. I've been busy with college courses lately.

Anyway, to be more clear about my point on Chi's Sweet Home...

I watched the show again just now, and I have to say it's pretty good if you're a pet-lover, especially if you love cats. My favorite part of the whole show is the bond between Chi and the little boy named Youhei. I thought they had the most adorable friendship I've seen in an anime so short.

The main reason why I say this would be good for the Hallmark Channel was because of the art direction the show has, not to mention the show's family-friendly tone. I would also like to mention that Hallmark also has their little Kitten Bowl every year. That's why I think it would be a perfect fit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1