• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Places where I can sell my manga and anime!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chacas

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I see that I cannot sell here, however seeing as this board is full of people I wanted to ask you guys where would be a possible place to sell my collection online, other than ebay and craigslist!! I tried posting on the personal sales forum but apparently is members only.

I just sold Darker than Black and Sekirei for $10 each, as I did not do my research before, and I would like to make some of that money back! MODS PLEASE DON'T CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, I'm merely asking for a good place to sell my stuff!!
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
These forums are rather slow compared to others, so please remember patience. Just because you don't get a reply within one day doesn't mean you won't get a reply at all.

To try and answer your question, the only sites I know of that you can sell things are places like Amazon, eBay, or Craigslist. You can perhaps try places like f.y.e. and see if they take trade-ins online, but I'm not 100% sure if they do. Sadly, going through this method would only give you a small fraction of what it's worth; you would be better off selling on the aforementioned sites.

If you have the option, I would recommend going to an anime convention booth or a local anime store that accepts trade-ins. Yeah, you'll still get a fraction of the cost you paid for the set, but since these are places that specialize in anime and manga selling, you would likely get a better offer through them than you would through someplace like f.y.e. or Half Price Books.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
@Chacas

Why do you not want to use eBay?
You could try Half.com, but that is really part of eBay. I found it to be easy to use, but things do not sell very fast unless I offer a really low price.

You could get a subscription and try to sell in the forum here. It is only $3 for one month.

I also know about secondspin.com but have not tried to use it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chacas

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:19 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry, I know I have to be patient, and thank you both for answering, I actually am selling on ebay, problem is, since I'm a new buyer, their system is not the best in terms of actually collecting money. I'm also doing Craigslist, and bookoo, I was just trying to see if there was another alternative, half.com seems like it would only spell disaster lol. I recently sold both Sekirei, and Darker than Black for $10 each, not knowing that they were so expensive, so I'm trying to make some of that money back.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
I deleted your one post. Be mindful in the future to not do that again.

You could also try the Fandom Post forums. They have a forum specifically for selling items, and I don't think it's a subscriber-only thing. I don't know if there are other restrictions (like you need to have a certain number of posts), but you can look into it there.

I've only ever sold online in this forum, to Amazon (for a fraction of the cost), and at garage sales (once again, for a fraction). I have no interest in selling on ebay or as a 3rd party seller at Amazon. When I want my stuff gone, I want it gone - I don't want to hold onto it for months. If it's not selling then I just give it to friends or donate it to the library.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Altacia

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:00 am Reply with quote
Facebook has Groups Specifically for selling Anime and Manga, you could probably find people to ask how much you should sell stuff for on Facebook as well.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Trade-ins at stores or even online pretty much give you nothing of value. If you are looking for a quick sell with a high return chances are low that's going to happen immediately. Selling on Amazon or eBay worked out the same as far as fees for me and I used half.com years ago (I think before it was bought by ebay) and that didn't work out great. I only sell on eBay now and the thing is you have to take your time. Unless I know something is extremely popular and will sell I don't put it up for auction but only use Buy it now option. I don't think for anime or manga I've ever used auction style listings other stuff yes. I have no problem waiting 3-6 months for something to sell at the price I want. If you are in a rush to sell and looking to meet a specific price point, you may only end up giving yourself heartburn.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Like a number of folks, I use E-Bay in many instances to sell off my anime. Most cases, I have to wait months before certain items I wish to be rid of finally sell. Usually, I'll do trade-ins for store credit or cash at my local video game store and while not as much as selling it online, they give me more money than average for any anime I trade in since they don't come across it often.
Chacas

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm currently selling all my anime auction-style, the idea of only using buy it now didn't even cross my mind, more people seem to be interested in the product with the auction style too, I may try that though, thanks guys!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1