• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Import Roundup With Digimon World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart444

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
Digimon World Next Order related:

Quote:
Upon choosing a protagonist, the player gets two starting Digimon: Takuto gets Agumon and Gabumon, while Shiki gets Biyomon and Palmon.

Correction:

Player gets to choose the protagonist, they then get a tutorial with Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon to show how to play the game.

After that, you end up back in the main town of the game. You then get to pick your starter from a bunch of eggs. They all start off at the baby stage as well.

Only the trailers showed the quote (Female being seen with those two first instance) and even then, one trailer showed the egg selection process.

http://i.imgur.com/PpNKwNe.png

What you're greeted with after the tutorial ^

Besides that, nice to see Next Order on the list, it's a fun game.

On the list, I also have Gundam Breaker 3 but have yet to try it out. Been meaning to, just need to find the time lol.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
That's a short life for a Nintendo console, but a long one in the grander scheme of game systems

Maybe if you include older console that failed (which the wii U is teetering on the edge of being considered as such), but as far as recent (ie last 15 years) that's pretty damn short and definitely the shortest of the current trio. [/quote]
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Later in the month is the big mfer itself, Doom. That takes higher priority than most of the other stuff here.
Omega13

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone else see the picture for Ray Gigant and wonder why Renton and Eureka hate each other now?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Anyone notice the Einherjar recruited so far are all female? I know those three aren't the only ones Lenneth will encounter, but I certainly hope the other recruits aren't all going to be girls. If that is the case, then it tells me what those clowns really intended this game for.

Quote:
What dormant series would you accept as a mobile game that might not even come out in English? Would you take another Mystical Ninja game if it stayed in Japanese and ran only on smartphones and tablets?

Absolutely not. Goemon needs to be on a console again and the text needs to be in well-translated English so those of us who are non-Japanese can appreciate the humor. Of course, considering this is Konami we're talking about here, another Goemon title will never happen.

Digimon World Next Order: We sorely need more Digimon games and Cyber Sleuth has proven the fandom craves more of the series. Too bad that horrible Meicoomon is in this, but I'm sure people will have interest in more diverse Digimon instead of a walking talking neko nyan stereotype.

Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight: So it's like a Japanese take on Limbo except there is another character assisting the lead and they both have abilities instead of being helpless against enemies they encounter. Interesting. This one looks and sounds intriguing. Hope it gets an English release in due time.

Quote:
Summon Night 6: Lost Borders landed on the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 in April, delivering a strategy-RPG with a sharp cel-shaded look. It's set in the world of Fillujah (wait a sec…) and stars a number of Summon Night characters, including Aty of recent Project X Zone 2 guest spots. Those interested in a translation might want to wait; news of an English-version for Asia was quickly retracted, but someone spotted English PSN trophies for the game.

Summon Night 6 definitely needs an official localization. Summon Night 5 proved to be even better than I'd hoped and it only makes me sad we didn't get to truly enjoy the rest of the series in the past. Let there be more Summon Night releases overseas!
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Omega13 wrote:
Did anyone else see the picture for Ray Gigant and wonder why Renton and Eureka hate each other now?

Thank you for that. That made me laugh when I needed to laugh. Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Once again we have reason to debate the best game from The King of Fighters series. The competitive fighting-game fans in the house would name the most polished versions of The King of Fighters '98 and 2002, since they have the largest rosters and most refined gameplay. Others might point to The King of Fighters XI, which has a neat tagging mechanic.

The 1996 outing shall always be my favourite, simply due to its cast combination. More broadly my affections lie with Real Bout Fatal Fury, but my preference for forgiving controls perhaps impedes my capacity for judgement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1