• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yowamushi Pedal (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordMaou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
The fact that there's a shitload more of manga makes me inclined to believe Onoda will lose, but I agree that narratively, he should get the win. They've already defeated Midousuji, and the guy even acknowledged Onoda as a (gross) worthwhile competitor, and unlike other sports shows (KuroBas, Haikyuu), there is no Winter or Spring competition to take revenge if they lose, the 3rd years are most certainly retiring after this and they make up most of half of the team. On the other side though, I've grown fond of Hakogaku almost as much as Sohoku, so I don't want either team to lose; but Hakogaku won last year due to Fukutomi's unwitted cheating, so Sohoku really deserves this. I'm rambling now. Waiting a whole week to know the conclusion will be torture

The manga goes to Onoda and them's Second year after this. Which there is also a new interhigh in that manga for it.

spoiler[In that interhigh Onoda's number is 1 along with Sohoku other members also being single digits. , Hakone Academy starts at 11. Which means that Sohoku got first, and Hakone got second.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
^ Is that a manga spoiler? I'm not reading it.

@ CrowLia: But even if he wins, there are still things to do to continue the story. Hakone won in the past and still showed us lots of drama in this race, so having a win under your belt doesn't end your story. New first years, defending champs, all sorts of fodder there. Smile This is just one of those rare series where a loss by the "home" team would be the worst downer, especially when the only reason to do it is just for the cheap angst. I'm not sure I could forgive that.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
^ Is that a manga spoiler? I'm not reading it.

Yes slight manga spoiler, basically the results of the next episode.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 am Reply with quote
@Gina. I agree wholeheartedly, it would be extremely satisfying and refreshing to see the protagonist's team win without dealing with defeat angst. Especially because, even if they lose and train super hard for the revenge, the Hakogaku they would face next year would not be the same this year, given how four of the current team members are third years, so it would almost seem pointless to get "revenge" against them. It would be great to see a sports team training to defend their title, adjust to new members and the loss of the experienced and talented third years and create their own "strongest team" rather than the usual "this time for sure we'll win"
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
The other reason why Onoda should win you already brought up: Hakone won last year due to Fukutomi's cheating. This is Kinjou's last chance to sort of make up for that, even if he's not the one crossing first. Going for the angst would make that even more ridiculously bitter, especially since he was taken out in this race by the injury incurred in that one. And Fukutomi has already been beaten, so his team winning would compound the lack of payback.

@ LordMaou: That's not what I'd call "slight" since it's the culmination of the entire series. I don't know why you even felt it necessary to post it here, especially without explicitly marking it as a manga spoiler of the outcome. I've almost tripped over it twice now by accidental mouse-overs.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

@ LordMaou: That's not what I'd call "slight" since it's the culmination of the entire series. I don't know why you even felt it necessary to post it here, especially without explicitly marking it as a manga spoiler of the outcome. I've almost tripped over it twice now by accidental mouse-overs.

But you've seen the entire season. All that's left is the next episode and that's something that is the result of the next episode. Spoiler tags are for a reason, to make it to where if you don't want a spoiler don't mouse over it. I was clearly talking about the manga in my post and also was replying to a post mentioning the manga.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 24 (finale)

Good finale with the conclusion! Gspoiler[rats to Sakamachi and his team for winning and imo well deserved. I give Manami and his team praise for their effort as well.] Anyways, yeah this season is over. We do have a movie coming soon so looking forward to that. I had some issues with a few pacing problems occasionally during the mid parts but overall still a good show in the end.

Rating: Very good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Nerve wrecking finish!!
The kid finally spoiler[did it.
He made us all proud!
Their final thoughts were cool.
The long awaited victory was amazing..
The rest of the team couldn't believe it.
Onoda was probably the biggest surprise of the Inter-High.
The emotions in this episode were pretty high.
Imaizumi was like a proud dad ^^
It was nice that Sohoku got acknowledged by the competition.
Sohoku team in Akiba ROFL]

Great ending for a great anime!!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Season2, Episode 24 (finale)

What do you know, spoiler[they actually one, and Onada got to fulfil his dream]. That did get a little exciting there, and overall it was a good end to the series.

As a recap this entire season was took off from the end of last season which was apparently 4km left of the second day, and finished at the end of the third.

Now my opinion of the series, it really has not changed at all, I give it the same rating as I gave the first season as Not really good. It is just the genre, I really must not be a fan of it (bar an exception), I just get will snarky and sarcastic and get totally taken out of the situation with what felt like overused over the top reactions. I honestly find it really hard to understand why this is so popular, it feels more unintentionally funny than anything, or actual cringing. I can't be a fan of everything, and I definitely was not a fan of this.
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Yet you spent 24 hours of your life watching the series and bothered to post about it on the forum.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Yet you spent 24 hours of your life watching the series and bothered to post about it on the forum.

You know it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
^It just seems like a huge waste of time imho. Unless you actively enjoy hatewatching it, I see no point in watching the second season of something when you didn't like the first one. For example, I felt pretty meh towards S1 of Medaka Box, Jormungand and Prisma Ilya, so I didn't bother watching either's second season. Judging by your posts in this thread and your "Not really good" rating, it seems your general feeling towards Yowapeda is just "meh", and it was the same in S1, so I wonder why you'd waste your time watching S2
Banken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:42 am Reply with quote
One thing I forgot to mention about the last two episodes:

Since all of the riders are juniors, they (should) be using a lighter final gear than bikes normally come with (because of rules designed to prevent injuries for younger riders), so the 10th gear is insanely heavy to climb with, but not as heavy as a 10th gear normally would be (about 18% lighter).

That said, you're not actually supposed to use the bottom 3 gears or so when you're using the small front chainring. Normally if you want to climb fast you would just use the big front ring.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 5:45 am Reply with quote
Yowamushi Pedal The Movie is here now. A new 2-day race, with some old familiar faces, some new ones, and a couple of MIAs. Not too bad. It had some requisite angst, some variations on the usual troubles, some warming of the heart cockles, and nice animation and really effective music.

Best of all we got the team singing the entire Love Hime song, which was too awesome, and one rider's reaction faces were worth seeing the whole movie for. Very Happy

If you're waiting for the 3rd season with bated breath, this should tide you over until then (whenever then is).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:47 am Reply with quote
If there's a separate thread for Glory Line, I didn't see it, so here I am. Smile New Generation discussion can be found here.

Episodes 1-5

Well we finally finished the first day of the new InterHigh. Not all that much going on up to the last 500 meters, which of course took 3 episodes to travel.

Once again, as gross as he is, mad props to Midousuji for coming out of nowhere to almost take the thing. Also lol at his buzzing sfx when he's in grasshopper mode.

The finale was a bit bloodier than I was expecting, at least from Kuroda, with his "switch" and splattering blood on the spectators and wiping out. But if he doesn't cross the finish line on his own, does he get to race on the subsequent days? I forget how that works. Also, it's not against the rules to feel up other riders while racing? Shocked

Poor little bean. So close, so close. At least he didn't lose to Mido again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 30