• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal: Death Busters (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote

Sailor Moon: Death Busters (TV)

Genres: Demons, Magic, Romance, Shoujo
Themes: Magical Girl

Plot Summary: The third season will focus on the Death Busters arc (also called the Infinity arc). The new season will assemble all 10 Senshi — specifically, the popular outer Senshi such as Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune, and Sailor Saturn will join Sailor Moon, Sailor Chibi Moon, and the others. The new season will adapt the arc from the fifth and sixth volumes of the complete edition of Naoko Takeuchi's original Sailor Moon manga.
----------------------------------

Another season of Sailor Moon coming for Spring 2016. I just hope this one will be better than the previous but with the additional cast and premise, I think it may have a chance. Plus, it will adapt quite a bit from the original series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
My impressions so far for the first episode is so-so

New OP song is okay though with some new characters added in for the season. Usagi is still adorable in this. Animation style remained generally the same but I'm pretty used to it by now. I'm glad to see more of Chibiusa though for the season she lives with Usagi in her house. There's some ominous antagonist already showing up to cause trouble...

I hope this season improves..nice to see all the characters back from the previous season though. New ED theme song is fine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy this return to the series, the new Haruka seiyuu is just great.

May the show live up to the fans expectations.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Crystal Season 3 (apparently), Episode 1

Maybe I am jumping to quickly, but this actually looks promising. Problems with the first season were some maybe not so good style or animation, with rather jarring CGI transformations, and the other girls having no personality. In this first episode at least the characters look good, animation felt pretty, CGI transformations were removed for some actually pretty good 2D ones, and we have things like the other girls showing some personality like teasing.

Too soon to judge the rest off just this, but I think this is looking promising. And it is pretty clear that new boy is no boy, but we are seeing a lot of romance and such between these two new characters. I am interested going forward.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Hm, I think this season is actually better than the previous so far. It's building up to bigger events while introducing mysterious characters and antagonists. Comedy can still be a hit or miss but it's not wasting time at getting to the point now.

They should really reduce the transformation time though, it took at least 3-4 minutes for the episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
They should really reduce the transformation time though, it took at least 3-4 minutes for the episode.

Are we going to have to watch everyone's transformation sequence every time they transform as a group? I totally skipped a good chunk of it after realising that a good amount of it we saw just last week, with only Chibi Moon being new. It kind of really gives the feeling of filling in time, which even if is what was needed, it is a bit too obvious. Most more modern magical girl series (well the ones more for adult audience which I watch) tend skip, put on fast forward, and or choose a different transformation to focus on, rather than risk them feeling old.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 3 so far has definitely been heads and shoulders above the previous seasons. The pace is brisk, but it doesn't feel like it's rushing through at the expense of character development or anything.

The second ending, though... I'm not a fan of the song itself, but the animation is driving me up a wall. The background is constantly moving in one direction, implying that she's constantly running in that direction... except the animation never changes from her running forward, including when she's facing the right. She should be running backward in those portions, or the background should stop/change directions. It just doesn't work that way.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:09 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 5 (Episode 31)

I expected to just comment on the fact a 14 year old girl is being allowed to sleep over and in the bed of her older boyfriend, but this episode kind of went somewhere.

Ami has been one I have liked, yay for nerdy one, but her sneaking into the school and that bit with the pen and the camera. And then she leaps out the window and transforms landing in the pool, that was pretty cool. Then we get Neptune and Uranus, followed by showing that Pluto is also going to play a part.

The new ED is weird. I don't think I like the song, but there is something strangely hypnotic about it.

Also, these villains really have to learn that attack one by one on the group is kind of stupid, almost feel like they probably would have won already if they worked together.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 6 (Episode 32)

Something small, but I really liked how they did some intercutting of transformations and attacks. Rather than watching every transformation after the other we got bit and pieces of each girl's which made a nice cohesive experience. Also Sailor Moon's finishing move being intercut with a smile from the villain to set up that it was about to be stopped, that was pretty cool, especially compared to before.

Shining compared to earlier seasons still with nice animation.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
Been watching, and honestly, my feeling is that it's too rushed. It'll finish in no time, and I feel there's been really little content or development of some characters.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
No sailormoon! you did it AGAIN with an over extended final battle set up!
Whoever KEEPS green lighting the idea that somehow final battles should extend for more than 3 episodes in your ~12 episode arc clearly has little to no concept of pacing.

Half of this episode was Mistress 9 in exaggerated poses spouting on how much she is in love with Pharaoh 90 senpai, I didn't need that because we already get that she is the high priestess for the eldritch abomination from the moment she popped on screen and announced that point ALREADY.

The issue is that I don't "hate" SMC, it is that it keeps finding ways to raise my hopes and then simply finding ways at the finale to disappoint.

Clearly I am technically insane because I keep watching SMC expecting different results, yet the finale of every arc so far finds a way to needlessly waste time.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, this season was definitely better than the previous, but the use of the theme song during the climactic battle was very off. They needed something much more up-beat, rather than the ballad-like opening.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 am Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 13 (Crystal Episode 39/ Season finale)

Well I guess that I enjoyed the last episode, extra points for focusing on the personalities of each girl at the end. I do wonder how Usagi managed to get into the same High School as Ami.

At least we can say that this third season was better than the first two, although small improvements at the beginning raised expectations a bit that could lead to more disappointment when not really meeting full expectations. I will rate it Decent (6/10), it was a decent watch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1