• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Minami Kuribayashi / Minami

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
"Minami" is the new stage name of Minami Kuribayashi, so the link in this article should go to person#17030, not person#17777.

And no doubt, this will be a confusing hassle going forward, keeping straight the difference between live-action actress "Minami" (from Book Of Human Insects, Detroit Metal City and Battle Royale) and OP/ED singer "Minami" (from Devil Is A Part-Timer, Rumbling Hearts, Chrono Crusade, etc.)

[edit: made #s clickable - Shiroi]
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
Evidence:
http://motto.daisuki.net/awm2016/minami.html
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-13/true-minami-perform-theme-songs-for-regalia-the-three-sacred-stars-tv-anime/.102074

Done (won't be able to update the article link until the system catches up)

The main problem I can foresee is if Kurinayashi also uses the Minami name as a seiyuu, since I have disambiguated as "singer" (although it's nearly 10 years since her last credited role). News articles won't be a major problem since now the name will be flagged as needing a selection made, same when adding credits.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1