• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Patrol Luluco (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Ep 8.

Just when you think Nova is going to be nice he turns out to be as cold as a hatchet. Poor Lulu deserves a better grade of meat.

So just what orifice did those mushrooms get stuffed in anyway? Disturbing.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Man I'm loving all these weird crossovers. This show turned into something very different from what I was expecting.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10.

Well that turned oddly heavy. Who would have thought that Midori would turn out to be the most morally grounded one?

"B-hole." lol. I wonder how that works in Japanese.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Episode uh... 6?
Anyway, I believe I detect Life Fibers...

And so I did, on planet KLK-X. Very Happy And after that, a whole lot of just about every show Trigger has produced.

Finally got caught up with this. I guess the Chief is the Inferno Cop ref, but have we had riff on Ninja Slayer yet? I haven't seen enough of Supernatural Battles to recognize anything from that. I wonder if Kiznaiver is too new for them to tap?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:15 pm Reply with quote
They seem to only want to parody/mix up their original properties.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Ep 11:

So our girl Lulu is invincible? We will see. Actually it is sort of weirdly impressive that she was able to admit that whats-his-name never actually lied to her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
Episodes 10 - 11

What was kind of cool about this was that it was kind of on point. Although Luluco was kind of loving him, he had mostly just been a 2 dimensional character who did little else than look cool. He was kind of a hollow character and that ends up being a point. It was put forward the worthwhile of liking something so hollow was pretty worthless. I did get a laugh out of "B-hole".

And then it asks what is the problem with liking something that looks a little hollow. It did not lie, but there is still value to be had in your own attachment to that. I really liked the comment about something able to come back even it is taken, especially if it intangible. It kind of felt like a commentary of having enjoyment in things like anime, that you have the right of saying those feelings have value.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
Of course the episode with Inferno Cop is this great. Justice never dies, Luluco's back with stronger feelings, and I really, really hope Nova continues to be entirely hollow, because that's a great defining trait.

I just loved the juxtaposition of the "I'll confess to him, then I'll arrest him".
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Wow, the action here looked even more busy than usual. I think that I actually spotted a Kiznaiver reference too.

Going off of my opinions of the previous episode, I think that the point here was that although Nova is a hollow 2 dimensional character, all she had to do was fill him up with her own. Can't say if it is what is intended, but kind of felt like a reference to fans who create fan art or their own works as inspired by the feelings they get from a 2D work, and that those things really do become real to them.

I reading too much into a series with "Awake Judgement Gun Morphing"?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

I suddenly feel like a big idiot, I never realised the connection with how this show is so much about Trigger, that the fact the characters turn into guns actually had meaning. In the end they pretty much put Luluco as a mascot of Trigger, going so far as to now name her "Trigger-chan", which appears to be an already set character although I can't find a lot on it.

Just skipping right to the end, it was a pretty cool moment when we had Luluco, Trigger-chan, flying through space before seeing and tagging Akko. I actually just watched Little Witch Academia the other week, actually kind of because of Luluco, the episode with Sucy, so I am pretty excited as this being an announcement for a season Little Witch Academia. A "see you next Trigger animation". Kind of silly, but they really have not done a lot, Kill la Kill has been their major project, but it feels like they have managed to make a legacy I adore. Something super zany, yet somehow strangely relatable with something deeper.

Thought I might have missed something, the episode also showed Lalaco apparently taking a Kizna mark from a Gomorin.

I enjoyed Space Patrol Luluco, partially for just being plain fun, but also because it feels like it means something for animation in general. I do think that it is something I might be interested to re-watch another episode or so when I have the mood. I give a rating of Good, it is worth seeing. Justice!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Surprisingly good show overall imo.

The ending felt a bit sad just at seeing Nova and Luluco fighting alongside one last time. For all the gimmicks, characters, action, storytelling etc, I'm sure going to miss this. Oh and the ending literally handed the baton for Trigger's next show. Little Witch Academia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Lmao, I put this on while waiting for my lives to fill up on Candy Crush....and I ended up watching the entire thing. Anime hyper

What an adorable little show. More please

Did someone mention Kiznaiver?

Notice something? Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
Did someone mention Kiznaiver?

I think that it at least came up in the Kiznaiver topic, and in my last post I did mention that a Gomorin and Kizna mark. But yeah, the last episode of Kiznaiver might have implied that Luluco was able to track down Nova.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2