• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 4:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Damn, that was awesome, really liked the way they showed the hero outfits. Yes, Deku's costume seems to be inspired somewhat by All Might but still looks fitting for him to wear. It's also nice that Deku accepts the name that Bakugo calls him too seeing that it can be interpreted differently.

Really liked the action of the episode. The OST worked very well during the brief Deku vs. Bakugo scenes. I think this is just a small preview of what's to come next time too. Next episode should be even more exciting, can't wait!

Last edited by Stark700 on Sun May 08, 2016 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
It would be kind of cool if his strength from this contest would come from the time he has spent watching and thinking about heroes.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving the fact that we get to see them grow into heroes little by little. It makes me excited to see the villains even more especially given the class of heroes we have now and their personalities. The timing of the OST, once again, makes the situations all the more enjoyable and reminds me it's not a single direction 1990's anime that only worries about action and justice.

It's unfortunate but I doubt we'll get to see some real drama with thrilling action and suspense pitting heroes vs. villains. That's fine for now; I can deal with a school setting for a hero growing up. I just would have liked to see some of them grow up in a situation where their life depends on it, both heroes and villains, without us having to wait for them to turn into adults for us to see that.

That's exactly what is missing from most "hero" TV shows and anime. They seemingly always start when the heroes or villains are adults instead of young adults or teenagers. This anime has been a refreshing take on heroes given who is the main character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Wow, that was quite something. Also quite impressed at how much Deku has improved from his training. I think even All Might realize it too. The flashbacks reflects some interesting interactions between them as well. I felt bad for Deku though as he got humiliated..

Pretty sure Bakugo's pride almost made him completely lose it and forgot this was a match rather than some fight to the death. I really liked the soundtrack they used for the final clash of the fight. Uraraka was also exciting to watch, grats on her and Deku's win. Overall solid episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:22 am Reply with quote
Man that felt dragged out, this is one time I kind of wish they didn't follow the manga. In any case at least the main plot should be starting next episode.

Last edited by v1cious on Sun May 15, 2016 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
So Bakugo built is entire identity on feeling like he is the best, yet feels threatened when someone he sees bellow him tries to match him or worry about him. He is just a spoiled brat and should get over himself thinking that Izuku is out to make him look foolish.

It is really kind of feeling like a sports show.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:34 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
So Bakugo built is entire identity on feeling like he is the best, yet feels threatened when someone he sees bellow him tries to match him or worry about him. He is just a spoiled brat and should get over himself thinking that Izuku is out to make him look foolish

Thing is I have met people like that in real life.

However I would say at this point that Deku owes him. Without his (or someone like him) opposition Deku wouldn't be able to get to the next level.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Good transition episode, we got a glimpse of some of the other heroes' abilities. In the meantime, I think Bakugo's was at his boiling point after being defeated by Deku for the first time.

The adaptation has a slow pace right now but very consistent so I'm fine with it.

Also, the tease at the end with the villains is interesting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Not bad this week but not much for the action.
Meanwhile, I think the transition at school and some info dumping is nice for the storytelling. Wet got villains emerging too so that should be exciting to see next time.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:39 am Reply with quote
I hate to say it but it was disproportionally satisfying to see Bakugo confronted with what a dick he is. First by the home room teacher then the students on the bus who don't defer to him.

Tsu is a really interesting character. (DP mentioned this before) She and Eruka-Frog (Soul Eater) should get together.

One question I had. Is All-Might's powers receding have something to do with Midoriya spilling the beans?

Other question. If Midoriya didn't vote for himself, then who was his third vote?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
One question I had. Is All-Might's powers receding have something to do with Midoriya spilling the beans?

I'm pretty sure no. Deku spilling the beans was only bad for the reasons All Might explained - if it was let out to the public that he wasn't a "natural born hero", then there is a chance the hero society he's holding up might be destroyed. And also, Deku himself would be in danger since there would be plenty of people who would want to go after the weaker kid for a chance to force him to hand over All Might's quirk. All Might's power has begun to recede because he passed it on to Deku.

Quote:
Other question. If Midoriya didn't vote for himself, then who was his third vote?

Deku did vote for himself. Iida was the one who didn't. So his three votes were his own, Ochako's, and Iida's.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Emergency Exit should be Iida's superhero name.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Pretty good episode this week. We get to witness some of the villains' powers and to be quite honest, this is the first legitimate fight that the students participated in. They are fighting some of the weaker villains right now but there are also some of the stronger ones from the League of Villains there.

I like most of the characters' portrayals this episode in particular Tsui and Eraser Head.
Thirteen is also a nice sight to see. Deku showed his courage this episode and even Mineta did something! Well yeah, I think this episode just goes to show how intense the fights can get against the villains.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:13 pm Reply with quote
The look of Deku and Tsuyu in trying to figure out the use of a quirk in making sticky balls. Although it actually turned out to be quite useful for the situation,

I kind of don't want to end up in a weird of just saying how much I like Tsuyu's character. Her quirk kind of makes her a bit awkward, bringing to mind Xmen's Toad who is usually seen as bad guy because he is kind of gross. So having the guts to give it to a female character and make her friendly and perceptive regardless of what impressions she might put across, makes her a great character. Also she is strong, we can see that she may physically be able to handle herself, and it doesn't feel like the normal way you would expect.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
After seeing Mineta's Quirk, it kind of raises the question of how he outdid Deku in the entrance exam and the first test, considering that Deku had been seriously working out. Somehow I don't think Mineta has been...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6