• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nodame Cantabile's Tomoko Ninomiya Ends 87 Clockers Manga in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
When he sees a girl standing barefoot in the snow outside his apartment, he falls in love. Through her, he enters the world of competitive hardware overclocking.

Quite the synopsis.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
What is hardware overclocking? Not something I've heard of before...
lys

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:08 am Reply with quote
Like, altering the limitations that are built into computers, in order to make them run faster? The limitations are set in place to keep the machine from overworking itself or something. That's how I understood it from my brother's explanation some years ago. I'm sure Google could tell you more, though.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Say whaaaaa. I wanna read this~.
teferi

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Like, altering the limitations that are built into computers, in order to make them run faster? The limitations are set in place to keep the machine from overworking itself or something. That's how I understood it from my brother's explanation some years ago. I'm sure Google could tell you more, though.

CPUs with unlocked multipliers can be overclocked to run at higher frequencies and it doesn't really damage them at all because there are plenty of cooling solutions that are up to the task.

As to the manga, even as someone only casually informed on the subject, it was full of inconsistencies and pure BS that made it pretty awkward to read. Glad that the author is moving on, hopefully her next series is about something that she doesn't have to fabricate nonsense about to make it interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1