• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Official Anime-Related Figures Thread.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, I didn't mean they're sending email notifications, just that they've had it on top of the website for a while now. I think they removed it and changed it to announce that they're adding DHL as a shipping option in light of the EMS raise
Shikiari

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I usually use EMS, which takes about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for delivery. I can suffer the shipping cost as you get what you pay for, but the big problem is the import fee. Currently i'm almost paying the same amount for the import fee (Last one was £40 for the Rory Figure and £30 for 5 Love Live CD's) than the actual product.

I'm thinking of switching to small parcel, just to try and rid myself of the hefty fee's from ParcelForce. It's just getting a tad too pricey for my liking.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
EMS takes only 2 days for me~

I never get hit with Customs fees or anything when it comes to figures. Sometimes when I'd order DVDs from Rightstuf I'd need to pay (usually $20), but now they include it in the sale price.

I had my Haruka figure delivered via UPS. They charged $46 at the door, WTF? Never again. Luckily I had won a $50 coupon to the site so the figure was essentially free so I didn't lose too much money.

Heh, that was back when I thought $50 for a figure was too expensive. I was so cute, once. Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Neat, the Post Office even let me file an official complaint about the lack of ringing/knocking (we have a dog so we'd definitely notice if they had).

So here's Katia in all her sukumizu glory.

st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I usually use EMS, which takes about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks for delivery. I can suffer the shipping cost as you get what you pay for, but the big problem is the import fee. Currently i'm almost paying the same amount for the import fee (Last one was £40 for the Rory Figure and £30 for 5 Love Live CD's) than the actual product.

I'm thinking of switching to small parcel, just to try and rid myself of the hefty fee's from ParcelForce. It's just getting a tad too pricey for my liking.

I avoid EMS for precisely this reason. It's just not worth it to me. Parcelfarce are the worst delivery company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with and they can get lost with thinking it's OK to charge you £13.50 for the honour of telling you you need to pay taxes when the taxes are often far less than that. I'd rather wait longer and spend less on shipping.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So here's Katia in all her sukumizu glory.

It doesn't make sense though. She's not Japanese and she doesn't go to school. Though I'm sure you're not complaining.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
I'm sure there's some reason for it given in the novel. Maybe the military was too cheap to buy her a swimsuit so she had to use one left behind by a pervert who was killed in battle.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
Well, I forget the exact reason/context but there's this scene:

The figure is probably based off that. Lise also got a figure by the same company who made Katia's and her undergarments match her ribbon. Tempted to by either one or both but I'm currently jobless because my workplace is under renovations.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
It's based on this picture, specifically. The novel/game has a pool episode that was cut from the anime.

The Lise one is also a swimsuit, not underwear, and all 3 gattai.

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
So I've been pretty stupid with my money lately. I'm ashamed to admit I've spent a few thousand on the character gatcha in Tales of Link, specifically the Zestiria summon. So I figure that if I'd spend that much on that I might as well spend a few hundred to get something with actual substance and thus I ordered Alisha and Edna.

Ordered Alisha through Amazon so hopefully that won't bite me in the ass.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:46 pm Reply with quote
A bit late, but I quite like that Alisha one after watching the Anime.

This 'little' beauty arrived today. I'm very impressed by the amount of detail on the lace and in general the finish of the figure by ALTER. Looks absolutely stunning up close!

'Nozomi Tojo' (School Idol Festival Ver.)

Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
A bit late, but I quite like that Alisha one after watching the Anime.

I've run into some trouble getting her, though. Like I said I ordered her from Amazon from a seller called "Miraiminato@Japan Import & Export: Fast delivery with tracking number by JP post." Despite the name, I never received a tracking number and several attempts to contact the seller received no answer. A standard package from Japan usually takes 3 weeks to get to me but it's been longer than that. Amazon's estimate goes to the 25th so if I don't get her by then I'll have to file a claim. But that's the nice thing about using a 3rd party like Amazon: such systems are in place to make sure you don't get screwed over.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty indifferent to Love Live, but that Alter line with intricate costumes is certainly beautiful. The color palette and details on the outfit look lovely

I'd forgotten to mention it, but my Nishinoya Nendoroid did arrive a lot sooner than expected (about a month ago) and he's truly adorable

After revamping my shelves in my yearly major cleaning event, this is how my HQ figures are being displayed. I love that these Nendos are so dynamic and fun to pose, doesn't happen with most of the same line:

I've preordered the Tsukishima Nendoroid too, which should ship in a couple of weeks, so I'll probably have it by early October. Though with Iwaizumi and Kuroo announced, I'm afraid this layout will have to be reconsidered in the not-so-distant future
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
So yeah, time passed and Alisha never came. I filed a claim with Amazon and they gave me a complete refund. Now to try again from another seller, though it's a bit more expensive this time.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Tried another seller, but they cancelled the order because they didn't have stock (so don't list it then!!!). Third time was the charm, though:

Hey Alisha, your short shorts are riding up a bit Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 105 of 111