• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ensemble Girls!! Smartphone Game's Anime Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 am Reply with quote
Oh so is this the reverse version of Ensemble Stars? oh cool because Cinderalla Girls got Cinderella boys version Im hoping that Love Live! would also do the same.

Anyway this is moe but Im afraid people will compare this to LL! because of the similarity
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:59 am Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
cool because Cinderalla Girls got Cinderella boys version Im hoping that Love Live! would also do the same.

Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Male Love Live? Do not want. I do want to see this and hopefully it's not another Girlfriend (Kari) where you need to play the game to enjoy the anime.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote
1. Why is this getting its promo first when everyone cares about Enstars more?

2. God, EnStars anime better look better than this. The art is so generic and bland.

Hoppy800 wrote:
Male Love Live? Do not want.

Male idol fans are slowly taking over the industry. Just wait. Male Love Live! will be upon us soon enough. Mark my words.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Rivailloli wrote:
Male idol fans are slowly taking over the industry. Just wait. Male Love Live! will be upon us soon enough. Mark my words.

Not a chance. Female idols are still reigning the idol industry and they will be there for years to come.

As for male Love Live, let us hope that will NOT happen. I do not think LL needs that. Believe it or not, LL has a pretty sizable female fanbase and a lot of them are yuri shippers. Not to mention that translation fiasco regarding the English version of the game app.

==============

I should have discussed this hours ago. I was waiting for them to reply.

iamtooawesome wrote:
Cinderalla Girls got Cinderella boys version

I believe you mean SideM, the male spinoff, right? One of the reasons why that spin-off and Jupiter exist is because the fanbase was about 95% male otakus at the same and the creators apparently wanted their franchise to appeal to females and fujos too.

iamtooawesome wrote:
Anyway this is moe but Im afraid people will compare this to LL! because of the similarity

And why would anyone compare those two and what is so similar about them? Just because it has a large amount of girls and "moe"? They are not even in the same category or genre. Ensemble Girls!!! is a dating sim game while Love Live is an idol series that has no dating or romance whatsoever.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Rivailloli wrote:

Not a chance. Female idols are still reigning the idol industry and they will be there for years to come.

As for male Love Live, let us hope that will NOT happen. I do not think LL needs that. Believe it or not, LL has a pretty sizable female fanbase and a lot of them are yuri shippers. Not to mention that translation fiasco regarding the English version of the game app.

You ever heard of a joke, m8? Also male idols are plenty popular, there a number of boy groups just as popular as the girl groups. There's a reason that these companies have both male and female versions to their games. Clearly aiming towards male idol fans is profitable for them.

So? Doesn't mean it won't happen. It's happened to IdolM@ster (who has way less of a female fanbase than LL!) and EnsembleGirls. What's it matter anyway? Not like it ruins any fun of the original series. SideM didn't ruin the original IdolM@ster for me, but hey. I'm not insecure about anime boys existing so.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:03 pm Reply with quote
I had to do a spit take that there's a harem element in this for both genders. Anime dazed

Rivailloli wrote:
1. Why is this getting its promo first when everyone cares about Enstars more?

2. God, EnStars anime better look better than this. The art is so generic and bland.

1. Ehh, it wouldn't hurt to try to be honest, but frankly...

2. ...yeah, these designs are really iffy. I don't know why they couldn't emulate the design style of the guys and apply it to the girls.
GarethXL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:

And why would anyone compare those two and what is so similar about them? Just because it has a large amount of girls and "moe"? They are not even in the same category or genre. Ensemble Girls!!! is a dating sim game while Love Live is an idol series that has no dating or romance whatsoever.

EnGal isn't a dating sim it's more of a slice of life VN with a main plot surrounding events in the school with subs stories fleshing out the characters.

though this is before renewal but since they are porting all of the stories into the renewal i guess it would be the same.

the writing is pretty entertaining read and it's possible to get all of them without paying so the only downside to this is that you need to understand Japanese
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 pm Reply with quote
70+ characters... That's lot of singers to choose from for a smartphone title.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1