• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hakuoki: Wild Dance of Kyoto Anime Film's English Dub Cast, Release Date Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
Hmmm... I can understand the need to change Harada's VA...but is there a reason why some of the others don't want to reprise their roles? I mean, nothing wrong with who they have for them now, but...I guess i'm a sucker for consistency...OTL
Naniwa

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
I'm happy that I will get to own these movies in english but still upset over 1st & 2nd season and OVAs not being available in bluray yet... starting to think it will never happen.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
The article makes it sound as if the release date was unknown. Sentai announced the release date for this film and the rest of their June releases on February.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
sakurablossom143 wrote:
Hmmm... I can understand the need to change Harada's VA...but is there a reason why some of the others don't want to reprise their roles? I mean, nothing wrong with who they have for them now, but...I guess i'm a sucker for consistency...OTL

I wondered why you'd say Harada's change was a given then a googled and now its "Oooooooh that's why" well learn something new everyday.

Naniwa wrote:
I'm happy that I will get to own these movies in english but still upset over 1st & 2nd season and OVAs not being available in bluray yet... starting to think it will never happen.

I'm a HUGE Hakuoki fan and am sad that there are no blurays of S1/2 and the OVA's. Once I own both movies on bluray that'll make 3 bluray releases (Movies/S3) and 3 DVD releases. While it probably means nothing I tweeted Sentai asking if it was possible for S1/2 to get a bluray rerelease one day and they like my tweet. At worst it means they read it but -crosses fingers- haha
Naniwa

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Naniwa wrote:

I'm a HUGE Hakuoki fan and am sad that there are no blurays of S1/2 and the OVA's. Once I own both movies on bluray that'll make 3 bluray releases (Movies/S3) and 3 DVD releases. While it probably means nothing I tweeted Sentai asking if it was possible for S1/2 to get a bluray rerelease one day and they like my tweet. At worst it means they read it but -crosses fingers- haha

Same here! I even sent a suggestion to them once through the contact form on their website, almost begging for it ... Laughing of course I never got any kind of answer or anything but I hope they read it and consider it Razz
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Despite not responding, I'm sure they do read comments and discuss internally. Remember, our voices were heard when they originally were going to release Nozaki-kun sub only and they gave the fans a dub and a box set.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
konxeptionz wrote:
Despite not responding, I'm sure they do read comments and discuss internally. Remember, our voices were heard when they originally were going to release Nozaki-kun sub only and they gave the fans a dub and a box set.

Yeah, I assume they just simply can't answer to not give a definite yes or no on the matter. However I would be more optimistic if it was a more recent show, but this one being from 2010, I think it wouldn't have that much priority since people aren't that much interested on it at this point in time.

Probably it also depends on how much it costs for them to do a bluray release. I have no idea about these kind of things, but would they need to acquire a new license to do a new bluray release? Would they be able to use the old dub from the DVD versions or would they need to do a new one? These kind of things are the ones that worry me, because I don't know if they would be willing to do all that for a show that already has a few years.

But maybe I'm just thinking too much and it's much easier than all that. I really really hope so Very Happy
konxeptionz

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
^^ No I think these are all very valid questions and probably questions that wouldn't be answered most likely because it is information that can't really be disclosed, so of course that just leaves fans speculating.

But I think a valid answer to bring up about this series since it was released in 2010, is if Blu-Ray quality material even exists. Do they? I mean, they can't pursue something that doesn't actually exist... right?

Edit: And if materials do exist, then I think the questions you asked become valid. Is it another licensing deal? Is it as simple as putting the DVD release out on the BD and so on and so forth?
Naniwa

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:51 pm Reply with quote
konxeptionz wrote:
^^ No I think these are all very valid questions and probably questions that wouldn't be answered most likely because it is information that can't really be disclosed, so of course that just leaves fans speculating.

But I think a valid answer to bring up about this series since it was released in 2010, is if Blu-Ray quality material even exists. Do they? I mean, they can't pursue something that doesn't actually exist... right?

Edit: And if materials do exist, then I think the questions you asked become valid. Is it another licensing deal? Is it as simple as putting the DVD release out on the BD and so on and so forth?

Yes, it does exist. When Sentai first licensed Hakuoki around 2012, the DVD version was the only one available, but on 2013-2014, new bluray sets were released in Japan for the 1st season, 2nd season and OVAs.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:16 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

Yeah, it would be really good if they could they could do that.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I think it would be a good idea if once in a while we send them a small tweet or comment on facebook about it, so they can see there's people still interested on Hakuoki and willing to buy the anime series in bluray. I assume this way our chances would be higher. Maybe nothing will happen but still... at least we can try.
Naniwa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:

konxeptionz wrote:

Sorry for posting on a semi-old thread (I hope it's fine since the 2 month limit hasn't passed yet), but this is extremely relevant to the subject we were discussing and since there hasn't been any specific official announcement about it, I doubt we will see it on the news in the frontpage.

Sentai announced yesterday their release schedule for october and Hakuoki S1 is being released on bluray!!! I am so happy I can't contain myself.

http://www.sentaifilmworks.com/news/official-sentai-filmworks-october-2016-release-schedule

I have sent them so many messages and begged for this for so long, and I know others have too, and finally they have listened. The chances weren't very good but here it is. If they are doing S1, it is likely that they will also release OVAs and S2 in bluray too in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1