• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Looks like something A-1 pictures would animate.

Under most circumstances I'd think the same but I don't know somehow it doesn't seem like the kind of easy guaranteed money thing they would pick up. It doesn't scream massive pre-established popularity and the kind of thing that they can just wing their way through and still have it be a top seller and/or popular like they usually go after. Maybe if it was by a more popular author or something I could see it being them but it's not at all. This says something like Studio Feel or Silver Link with Warner Bros or some smaller distributor as the producer or something.

Also weird this seems like something the general modern anime crowd would be more for which tells me either again it just doesn't have the right sort of pre-established popularity or advocacy for it you'd expect out of something A-1 would try to adapt.
Xavon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
How about more DxD or One Punch instead?
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
Read the first volume, and enjoyed it well enough to be sticking with the manga. Though, this announcement does come as a surprise to me. I won't be watching it, unless they're gonna go ahead with an anime original ending (unless the manga will be ending soon?). Because, to me, this is one series where ending part way through the story won't have any way to be a satisfying watch.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:23 am Reply with quote
Jonny Mendes wrote:

CrowLia wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna avoid this like the plague. Sounds like a lot of toxic and mean-spiritedness trying to pass off as comedy, with a side dish of awful attitudes towards women

I remember last time this sentences came about a anime (KonoSuba) and remember how that ended, one of the best and funniest anime of that season. Try watch first before make a opinion.

Sometimes i watched anime with pretty bad rep and was very good, and also watched anime with pretty good rep and dropped it. I prefer watch first before have a concrete opinion about something.

Leaving aside the fact that I didn't care for KonoSuba, I'd take it more into account if I saw more people excited for this adaptation, but pretty much all the comments in this thread are "this manga is terrible/boring/both" and "why does this get an anime".Not great hype happening here
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2