• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Suzuka Oda's Psychic Detective Yakumo Manga Ends

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Oh no!! But there's still so much more to adapt! ;___; I guess it can't be helped with Oda sensei becoming busy with family stuff but it's still sad. The Yakumo novels are great and the manga adaptation is much better than the anime.
supercalafragilisticjoy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
This saddens me so much! If you haven't read/can't get a hold of the (light?) novel, you're really going to miss out on the rest of the story. Plus, her art really gave life to the story.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
supercalafragilisticjoy wrote:
This saddens me so much! If you haven't read/can't get a hold of the (light?) novel, you're really going to miss out on the rest of the story. Plus, her art really gave life to the story.

I don't think Yakumo can be categorized as a light novel. It's just a novel.

I agree that Oda sensei's art was really good. My guess is that the story will end after spoiler[Isshin's death and Yakumo stops hiding his red eye].
Kalessin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
supercalafragilisticjoy wrote:
This saddens me so much! If you haven't read/can't get a hold of the (light?) novel, you're really going to miss out on the rest of the story.

I wouldn't be particularly worried about that. There are actually full translations of the novels online which are found very easily if you search for them using the romaji name for the series rather than the translated name. So, out of the Japanese novel series out there that have not been licensed in English, Yakumo is actually in far better shape than most. What we're missing out on here is whatever value there is in getting the story in manga format rather than in pure text.

Regardless, it would be great if some of this stuff got licensed and officially translated, but I don't know how likely that is. For now, the only part that we can get legally in English is the anime. This does seem like the sort of series that Vertical might pick up though, so maybe we'll get lucky at some point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1