• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Nisekoi 2 Sub.Blu-Ray 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coolback

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Season 1 is bad, this season 2 isn't better .....

And the manga is just long and slow and long and slow again ... just finish this shit please !
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
I do not have the time nor interest to follow a series I think is bad. I have not read the Nisekoi manga, but enjoyed the first anime season enough to order Nisekoi:2. If it is on a par with the first season, which the reviewer indicates, I should enjoy this.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I bailed on this after Episode 3 of S1. I just couldn't take the deep clechés any more.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Saw season 1, apart from the art style and a handful of episodes, like the hot spring one, I didn't like it. Unfamiliar with the haram genre, but this is the second worst one I've seen so far, after Mayo Chiki.
Responder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, comments are negative here. Is Nisekoi really that much of an underachiever?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Responder wrote:
Wow, comments are negative here. Is Nisekoi really that much of an underachiever?
Depends on your anime mileage. Especially the tread bare "Love Triangle to Harem" trope. This retread was just too OTT predicable for me.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Nisekoi is very predictable, very filler-laden, very padded with pointless new girls, and very long.

This does not make for an interesting manga.
GaryNhk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Responder wrote:
Depends on your anime mileage. Especially the tread bare "Love Triangle to Harem" trope. This retread was just too OTT predicable for me.

The first season alone is really good it feels like things are moving forward and the characters are fun to watch. Its eye candy as well the character designs and backgrounds have that shaft style and cuteness that will hold your attention for a good while. Sadly though season 2 was awful its short and just filler nothing happens that matters and the 2 extra side characters they add bring the show down. If it just forced on the 3 main key holder girls than it would of been still a fun watch instead it just was dull still very pretty show to watch though if it had a english dub might of been easier to enjoy season 2. I'm a big fan of shaft and because of season 2 this show rates low
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 am Reply with quote
This is an alright series for me, not good enough to buy at full price. My main problem I have with the series is the harem hijinks that go nowhere. I do like the art, some of the jokes make me laugh, Ruri and Shu are fantastic, and and I am a fan of Raku and Chitoge's banter.
AnimeMaine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Just received and finished watch Volume 1. I enjoyed both season one and the first half of season two. This is a pleasant high school harem series, with just enough happening to hold my interest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1