• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: King of Fighters XIV Game Introduces 'Team Official Invitation' in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:55 am Reply with quote
Wow, took a while but whatevs. This team looks siiiiiick! Kukri is such a generic badass guy, it's unbelievable with his outfit and his sand abilities. Sylvie Paula Paula, amazing! I absolutely love her "original" design and it doesn't hurt that she's generally annoying. Definitely maining her online! Razz And Mian, really cool. I didn't know that she was a chick btw, she's really slick in movement and I love her Bian Lian-based fighting style. Can't wait for the game to be released!
videoman190

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
They re-branded themselves as just SNK.

4Gamer has done an interview with the KOFXIV Devs.
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10196.html
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10198.html

KOFXIV will be on the TV show e-Sports MAX which centered on various competitive games.
http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10197.html

Last edited by videoman190 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Agreed, it's been a while but we finally get to see Mian. Well first off, I love the team's theme. Second, Mian seems like my type of char; flashy and pretty mobile. There's a good amount of footage I haven't checked out yet, including people playing a build at CEO so I need to watch all of that. Finally, Xanadu's one of the most hilarious chars I've seen, love the guy.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
2 things regarding this team, 1st they are also earth, electricity, fire users just like the old orochi team; 2nd kurki might or not be ron, due to his sand powers and hiding his face.
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:38 pm Reply with quote
I can see Mian being very popular. I mean cute, shy girl hiding behind masks? Adorable. Of the three, I'm most excited to try her out. As far as Sylvie goes, I'm in that camp that doesn't HATE her, but I'm not exactly her biggest fan either.

Also Kukri looks cool.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:11 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
2 things regarding this team, 1st they are also earth, electricity, fire users just like the old orochi team; 2nd kurki might or not be ron, due to his sand powers and hiding his face.

I'm surprised you made the connection to the New Faces/Orochi team first. I mean, considering the fact that the New Faces team itself is a parallel of Team Japan. Also, didn't check the article out so I missed that the Villains Team trailer was up too. Razz Yeah, Xanadu's a real weirdo. He literally swings his arms around and has a command grab where he cradles and rocks the opponent before breaking their back. Pretty good to me.

Also, I don't speak Japanese so I need clarification from a Japanese speaker; what is Choi saying? He sounds like he's ending sentences with the same syllable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1