• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Cool Fate Kaleid. The tradition has been following each year where Summer is the time again but I have to admit that the series getting additional episodes this time will be an interesting element.

Can't wait for this honestly. The animation from the trailers already show s that it's definitely improved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait for this as well, i remember someone posting some of the epic battles that occur in Fate/kaleid liner and im sincerely hoping that the fanservice takes a backseat or is at least toned down in favor of action. The first battle with alter saber vs kuro/illya was and still is one of my favorites.
Suncraft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm in favour of having as much fan service as possible! I just don't want it to make the plot seem slow. Mahou Shoujo/SoL bits were very welcome as long as they delivered on the action later.

Looking forward to this a lot, and it looks amazing so far.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I can do without the ecchi factor in this part of the FSN franchise, but I am looking forward to the new series. I'm told in the manga, the story is quite good, which makes me happy.
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Cool Fate Kaleid. The tradition has been following each year where Summer is the time again but I have to admit that the series getting additional episodes this time will be an interesting element.

Can't wait for this honestly. The animation from the trailers already show s that it's definitely improved.

It seems like they needed the additional episodes since it seems the first episode will be just be about half slice of life and the other half retconning the ending of 2wei. We won't actually reach 3rei content until the 2nd episode.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:04 am Reply with quote
I have some expectations for this show, and if they simply can be met I will be quite glad as a viewer.
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
This read like its some sort of crossover between fate/stay and mahout shojo Madoka, that can't be a coincidence now can't it (heck her costume is like 90% Madoka costume)?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
This read like its some sort of crossover between fate/stay and mahout shojo Madoka, that can't be a coincidence now can't it (heck her costume is like 90% Madoka costume)?

It would be the other way around, since Madoka is from 2011 and the orignal manga for Prisma Illya is from late 2007. If anything it can be said it is a crossover between FateSN and Card Captor Sakura.
kotelo_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I hope whoever will be translating this finally fixes a big mistake every official sub and dub that every Fate series have been doing until now: the use of the word "mana" for "魔力" instead of "magical energy".

Mana means another thing in the nasuverse, and it's fundamental for 3rei's story.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
I hope whoever will be translating this finally fixes a big mistake every official sub and dub that every Fate series have been doing until now: the use of the word "mana" for "魔力" instead of "magical energy".

Mana means another thing in the nasuverse, and it's fundamental for 3rei's story.

Somehow I don't think that they'll care about mana, prana, od, magical energy and so on.

They'll probably just go spoiler["The planet's out of mana, so magi can only use the mana inside of them" or something.]
kotelo_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:00 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Somehow I don't think that they'll care about mana, prana, od, magical energy and so on.

They'll probably just go spoiler["The planet's out of mana, so magi can only use the mana inside of them" or something.]

If they fix the "mana" mistranslation issue, they must also fix the "mage" issue. For example, everybody in stay night are magi, not mages/magicians. And they don't use "magic", they use magecraft/sorcery, because magic is on a complete different level.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
kotelo_ wrote:
If they fix the "mana" mistranslation issue, they must also fix the "mage" issue. For example, everybody in stay night are magi, not mages/magicians. And they don't use "magic", they use magecraft/sorcery, because magic is on a complete different level.

What did Aniplex/Crunchyroll use for their subs of UBW again?

Whatever they did is pretty much official, given that the recent UBW anime is the most recent localization we've had of a Fate work (at least, until 3rei and Extella come out).

Disagree with it all you like, but unlike the minimage things, all those majutsus and mahous and so on don't have a clearly cut right and wrong. Whatever the localizers go with is technically correct.

even if it's not right
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
kotelo_ wrote:

What did Aniplex/Crunchyroll use for their subs of UBW again?

Whatever they did is pretty much official, given that the recent UBW anime is the most recent localization we've had of a Fate work (at least, until 3rei and Extella come out).

Disagree with it all you like, but unlike the minimage things, all those majutsus and mahous and so on don't have a clearly cut right and wrong. Whatever the localizers go with is technically correct.

even if it's not right

Actually that's incorrect. 2wei Herz is more recent than Unlimited Blade Works.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Then whatever 2wei Herz used, then/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1