• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New Game! (TV). (Season 1& 2)

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote

New Game! (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: video games

Plot Summary: Aoba Suzukaze graduates from high school and joins the Eaglejump game company. The person who made the game that Aoba loved as a grade-schooler just happens to be Aoba's senior at the company.
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

It's a funny show so far. Aoba looks like a kid in this but I think the character chemistry so far is pretty fun to watch.

Meanwhile, they take the professional environment and makes it look like something really fun to be part of. Artwork is very light as kinda expected. I'll be watching more of this for sure. Hope we learn more about each of the other characters besides their age and roles.

Last edited by Stark700 on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
I normally don't watch this type of show so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this. The characters grew on me and I really like the color palette.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
The blatant trademark safe Bravely Default reference was amusing, but just as well I have seen this done enough times before, maybe I will come back to it but it will not be a priority.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:57 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

For the record I did not read up on any of the current anime airing, but I had a strong feeling that just looking at the promotional art for this series that, the character designs, that this would be a series I would like. I was actually kind of surprised when this turned out to be an adult working life anime, that we are following a young girl new to the workforce, similar to say Servant x Service, which is actually a plus in getting out schools and into some adult characters. It does seem a little noteworthy then that many of these characters look pretty young, although that feels like an adjustment that I am not afraid of as a reverse to a few anime where characters of a younger age can have designs that make them look older. Still the reaction the idea one character might be 30 (actually 25) and that pretty much the whole cast is company is female, leave me thinking that some extra diversity would not have gone amiss.

I like Aoba, she seems to have some personality to her also. And Hifumi, I am interested in this character who seems hard to approach in person but is totally different over the medium of instant messages. And the plenty of other characters also seem quite likable in their own ways. I am interested in watching more. I laughed at the character being in the wrong for not getting her photo for the ID after acting like it was IT's fault, and when she gets the other character in to use the lightsaber for light to take the picture, it is a light humour that I find enjoyable.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the manga, now I can enjoy the anime! And with (official) artwork like this, how could I resist? [img] http://dynasty-scans.com/system/images_images/000/004/834/original/new%20game%20gay.jpg?1467596899 [/img]

A nice yuri-moment, funny, and the animation was pretty good too. Sadly I won't have a chance to see the next episode on time, since I'm in Japan. Backlogs gonna be enormous when I return...

EDIT: Can't get the image to work... Sad
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I laughed at the character being in the wrong for not getting her photo for the ID after acting like it was IT's fault.

Touches like that give the strong impression that whomever wrote this actually has experience in a company environment like that. Another example is how Aoba came up with an actual question about how to use Autodesk Saya (actually, Maya) and got a legit real-world answer.

Speaking of which what are exactly the qualifications for getting a gig like that? I bet Aoba isn't getting paid much because she did not arrive with enough skills contribute to the product from day one. Even so what would have caused them to hire her and put her in an office where there was not one single person she had met in the interview process?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
If I recall Aoba got hired solely on her ability to draw.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:39 pm Reply with quote
It would be good if we could get a look at some project she completed in high school that got the attention of the company, it kind of feels important to premise. Chances are she was inspired by the game they just so happen to be making a sequel of.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:54 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Aoba is already helping to make some NPCs. A little odd that there was an explanation of NPCs and PCs, I think most people with knowledge of games would not need to be reminded that, I could understand if Aoba was explaining to the audience though.

Hifumi and her hedgehog, the best character. Extra cute points for her imagining Aoba being like her hedgehog.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Looking at all the work that can go into a single NPC makes me want to go and look at them. I will admit in the past to often like looking at character models.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I really want to know where Aoba lives, if it's even real! I loved that park-like area she was walking by when her friend called. From what I can tell from the train stops is that she lives somewhere along the Chuo Main Line. At first, I thought that it might be Mitaka, but looking at the Chuo Line map, Mitaka is in the opposite direction from Nakano, where Toyama had to change trains.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Paycheck week and we got girls talking about what they bought first? How interesting. But the part conversation between Rin and Kou got awkward about weight lol. That rage reaction didn't surprise me much either.

So by the end, it looks like Aoba bought a cake. Yum, good choice.

Comedy is still really fun even with the fan service for this show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 was pure gold! Ko and Rin are such a married couple! But the ending... Ko-chan no baka! I don't remember that part in the manga... then again, I barely remember what happened yesterday. Laughing
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:29 pm Reply with quote
How come my whole life I never got to work in an office staffed like that.

Probably just as well. I'd either not be able to keep my hands off or just go nuts.

Yuri tease city.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Rin is probably not doing any favours in stopping rumours about herself and Ko.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5