• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Geneon Titles that will disappear forever!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
starseven wrote:
It seems that the last volume of Fate Stay Knight is going to be released this month.

It's supposed to come out October 9th. It's safe.
violented16

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
As far as Fate/Stay Night. Roberts Anime Corner Store had the 6th disc in and up for sale on Sept 25th. If you look in the store updates section it says the day they came in on. The special edition 6th disc comes out on Oct 9th.

Link
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiousity, is anyone worried about Fushigi Yugi's future? I mean, that's a touchstone of the shoujo community. It'd be a crying shame to lose it now.

Soul Taker is another big hit to me. The art direction of the series has to be seen to be believed.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Indeed my last volumes for Ergo and Fate/Stay have arrived, and I'm waiting for volume 7 of Zipang which should also be safe.

I also love the art in Soul Taker even though I've seen so many people pan it. Sadly enoguh I really doubt anyone will pick up the series.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
I also love the art in Soul Taker even though I've seen so many people pan it. Sadly enoguh I really doubt anyone will pick up the series.

Darn, I really want(ed) to see it! I already blew enough money for Christmas presents on DVDs to complete my Geneon collections. I'm not sure about the possibility of seeing that one being picked up but I do think (and this is @MorwenLaicoriel) that Gankutsuou will be picked up again. It sounds like a FUNi title to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Craeyst Raygal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
You know Randall, I've seen more people pan the storytelling of Soul Taker than the art style. Let's face it, even to fans of the series it's pretty much incomprehensible for the first three episodes.

But even when you can't tell what's going on, it's brilliant to look at, and that opening theme is a classic! I mean, all I needed from the Pioneer previews was that music and a few shots of the art in motion to be sold on it.

I suppose ADV is our only hope, since they licensed the Nurse Witch Komugi spin-off OAV.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
You know Randall, I've seen more people pan the storytelling of Soul Taker than the art style. Let's face it, even to fans of the series it's pretty much incomprehensible for the first three episodes.

But even when you can't tell what's going on, it's brilliant to look at, and that opening theme is a classic! I mean, all I needed from the Pioneer previews was that music and a few shots of the art in motion to be sold on it.

I suppose ADV is our only hope, since they licensed the Nurse Witch Komugi spin-off OAV.

I fall into that category. The art and animation was unique and really nice but the damn story was unbelievable at first. Unbelievable as it unbelievable to follow. And for me story has to come first over animation and art.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
Craeyst Raygal wrote:
Just out of curiousity, is anyone worried about Fushigi Yugi's future? I mean, that's a touchstone of the shoujo community. It'd be a crying shame to lose it now.
I had thought about that...with the generally frosty climate of shoujo anime these days, I don't think it has much of a future. Which is a shame, since the only ways to get it are the Pioneer-era expensive boxed sets or the 8 re-released singles. (I'm not precisely worried about it for my own sake, because I got those expensive sets a couple of years ago.) It would've been nice if they'd released a thinpack or a shrinkwrapped brick of the singles before the shutdown. Maybe Viz will take pity on it and do a "dump"-style re-release, since they're about the only company taking a chance on shoujo these days, and it would be a nice tie-in with the manga.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
The art in Soul Taker made my eyes physically sore to watch personally, and it was somewhat difficult to tell what was going on half the time. I didn't really like it. It took me a couple runs through to finish back on TechTV when it aired.
Kenotic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
Netflix is telling me that they shipped Disc 3 of When They Cry Tuesday and should be here Wednesday. Equally odd is that is wasn't going to be out for another week.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:09 am Reply with quote
[quote="Aromatic Grass"]
Randall Miyashiro wrote:
...I do think (and this is @MorwenLaicoriel) that Gankutsuou will be picked up again. It sounds like a FUNi title to me.

I hope so. ^^ Although I've only gotten the first volume, I've seen a lot more through rented Netflix discs, and I've really wanted to get the rest of the series.

At the very least, maybe whoever picks up Romeo x Juliet will license Gankutsuou, as well? The connection is tenuous at best, but they're both Gonzo titles based on classic literature with a twist...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 am Reply with quote
Kenotic wrote:
Netflix is telling me that they shipped Disc 3 of When They Cry Tuesday and should be here Wednesday. Equally odd is that is wasn't going to be out for another week.

My copy was shipped on the 25th and came in last week along with the last volume of Ergo Proxy. The last Fate/Stay also arrived last week.

Hellsing Ultimate 3 and Saiunkoku 2 have been shipped and are in transit.

Rozen Maiden Traumend is still on order along with the last volume of Zipang which will mark the end of Geneon for me.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quote
I put my plans for an HDTV on hold and bought a crap load of Geneon titles yesterday, probably estimated around $350-400. I actually still need to go to Best Buy to see if they have some titles that got cancelled on me, but if push comes to shove, then I'll just have get these for a more expensive price somewhere else before it's too late Anime cry.

Here's what I got:

Ergo Proxy 4-6 (couldn't find any of them online, going to BB)
Fafner (found all of them online, all but Vol.5 from Right Stuf)
Fate/stay night (3 and 5 were cancelled on me, going to BB, hope they don't cancel Vol.6 on me)
Hajime no Ippo (got the whole series from Right Stuf)
Kamichu! (ordered the box set, but it'll probably get cancelled)
Paradise Kiss (found the remaining 2 online)
Zipang (found 2-6 and am hoping Vol.7 gets through)

Any suggestions on emergency back up stores to order from would be appreciated, in case I need them. Thanks.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:47 pm Reply with quote
The news from Ocean is terrific. I was thinking about asking earlier, how much in advance is a dub completed for a release, but I forgot to. If the dub is completed far enough in advance (or even if it is not completed, if at least the business deal for it has been set in stone far enough in advance) then that greatly increases the chances that the product will eventually be released somehow.

I suppose it is too much to hope for that the dub for the Shakugan no Shana OVA has also been finalized by Ocean? On second thought, maybe it doesn't matter, seeing as how there's still plenty of Shana to come (2nd TV Season and the movie) that hadn't yet been licensed by Geneon USA anyway. Whoever picks up Shana 2nd Season can probably release the OVA, assuming it doesn't end up in licensing contract limbo.

BTW, does anyone know what is in the Fate Vol 6 LE? I pre-ordered mine from Suncoast but I have no idea what it consists of. I'm guessing it doesn't really exist (as with the mythical Fate Vol 3 LE) and will end up never coming out.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quote
It's some kind of clock. I just ordered the regular version myself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9