• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Import Roundup with Super Robot Wars

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 am Reply with quote
Well, nice X Button roundup here and there, and also in other coming soon titles not mentioned, and speaking of steam ports, Under Night In-Birth will also drop on 7/12.
Fallen Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
or Fire Investigator Nanase lends itself to a blaze-battling action game

I'm still peeved I never had a chance to finish collecting that series. It was a great silly manga, curses at you CMX (and your bad judgement of cover designs)!

All seriousness, I would have loved to see it in game form.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
hey,Metal Slug 6 may not have topped MS3's greatness (then again,how many games can?) but it was still much better than 4 and 5 and it was an overall very solid entry.
Also,this new SWR game is the farewell of Yuko Mizutani as Excellen,unless they recycle her voice for future games...
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Alright Todd you get a +1 for that Barry Gordy's "The Last Dragon" reference.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Adventures of Mana: Seeing this does make me wish they'd return to the Mana series in the right way (no silly online social card games). Perhaps they could remake Secret of Mana with all kinds of extra stuff to do (and a more professional translation that doesn't lose all the context this time around) or polish Seiken Densetsu 3's gameplay and bring it over so we can play it in an official capacity. I unfortunately have never played the Game Boy Mana title, but many people have told me they have fond memories of it.

Super Robots Wars OG: The Moon Dwellers:

Quote:
Spoilers: the invaders carve CHA across the surface of the moon.

Todd, did you really just make a Tick reference? Lol. XD

7th Dragon III Code: VFD: In regards to Imageepoch's creations, don't forget their swan song Stella Glow, which I still need to get as I've heard some amazing praise for it.

Quote:
a strange disappearing act by founder Ryoei Mikage

I know it's not news anymore, but I'm amazed that no one has been able to locate this guy since he abandoned the company.

Last edited by belvadeer on Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, Street Fighter V's certainly got validation from competitive players. Despite all the debacles, pre-launch, launch and post-launch, it managed to break the record of most entrants at an Evolution tournament (which, for those unaware, is relatively the most popular fighting game tournament in the world), about 5000 players joined up. Based on Evo entrant numbers (which is not a suitable standard to measure by for popularity, I know), if the Smash community were united, they'd basically be neck and neck in popularity. Meanwhile, my favourite game sits dead last in entrant numbers, beaten out by Tekken 7 by 3 entrants. The world is cruel. Sad
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
...you win forever for mentioning "The Raccoons." And "The Mouse and his Child," which isn't exactly an integral part of my childhood (I first watched it on YouTube), but well worth a mention regardless.

FWIW I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a baku, i.e. the same folkloric creature which inspired Drowzee and Munna.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:17 pm Reply with quote
No orgone meme or even referencing it by name for Moon Dwellers? That disappoints me a bit, so I'll do it myself, did not think I'd use this again. Not surprised Great Battle 2 originals weren't mentioned, but it would have been nice.
Manny Barajas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm getting the new Gundam game for my Vita and I find it funny how they mention they Vita, like the game won't sell when in reality, aside from the Vita the best place to have a Gundam game might be on PC in NA....also as weird as it sounds the Vita community is very much alive and pretty much buy what ever copy of a Vita game that they can get ...and other stuff
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
Gravity Rush 2!! Smile It's always worth the mention Very Happy

Can't wait for SRW!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
Consoles will still sell because year after year, less and less people are buying PCs and Macs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1