• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com Specials 7/14 - Ocean Specials

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RightStufTanukiMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
Ocean Specials!

'Seas' the day and get these great Ocean Specials!

No Promo Code Required!

Click here to see them all!

Udon Entertainment Sale! LAST DAY

At least 33% OFF all books!

No Promo Code Required!

Shop Now!

Right Stuf Studio Sale

At Least 40% Off Blu-rays, DVDS & Merchandise!

Use promo code NOZOMI16

Shop Now!

Death Note Complete Series Omega Edition Blu-ray Contest! LAST DAY

What would happen if someone held the power over life and death using only a pen? Would they choose a dark path or would they follow the 'Light'? We're giving you a chance to find out by giving away two free copies of Death Note Complete Series Omega Edition Blu-ray! Two lucky winners will win this limited edition set that keeps the suspense and mystery flowing and continuously raises the moral questions about who should decide who lives and who dies.

No purchase necessary. Entries will be accepted until July 14th.

Click here to enter!

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff!

We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstufanime.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than we can make them here? Click here!
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:53 am Reply with quote
So... the in stock clearance sale is over? It never had a date on it, man! I was waiting to see if some Netcomics manhwa that came out on 7/12 would finally get listed as "in stock", but they did not (if you are curious, the two manhwa are Sweet Blood 5 and Give to the Heart 7). I was gonna order so much Netcomics stuff, man! When is the next in stock sale? Or maybe a Netcomics sale, they never happen ever!
Touma

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:44 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
So... the in stock clearance sale is over? It never had a date on it, man!

I guess that I missed it too. I was going to order some manga but I waited too long.

It seems to me that a lot of sales have not had ending dates since Right Stuf started the new site.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
It seems to me that a lot of sales have not had ending dates since Right Stuf started the new site.

This is correct. Most often it just says "limited time only!" At first I thought that they had messed up a few banners, but since this has been going on for months now it seems that this may instead be a ploy. Don't tell customers when the sale ends, so they are more likely to rush and impulse buy. After all last year they still told you dates even after they moved to the new site. Whether intentional or not that's what it feels like. Its one of the things I don't currently like about the new site.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
If you get the emails, it does usually say on them (in tiny print) when it ends, but this one still didn't have one, so I'm kind of pissed. I mean, having it on the emails is an improvement over nothing, but it still really needs to just say it on the site like it used to. I mean, with the coupon codes needed for everything now, it's not like we can double up like we used to, but some of us need to know if it was wait until payday or something.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about the emails recently, because I started getting so many emails that I did what I always do when a retailer gets heavy-handed with emails and that was to tell them not to send me any. I know that before I did that some of those emails were not coming with dates either. Sorry, but not having it on the website is just not good.

classicalzawa wrote:
I mean, with the coupon codes needed for everything now, it's not like we can double up like we used to, but some of us need to know if it was wait until payday or something.

Exactly, some of us like to plan our budgets around purchases.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
See, I feel like Rightstuf may be mistaken about what people would do with the dates. They think people would use them to decide between "get it now" or "order later" in which case, why not order it now, why wait? But it's more like "order later after pay day" vs "do not order at all because sale ends before pay day" where anything with the term "now" is not in the options for some of us.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:08 pm Reply with quote
So is there an ETA on when Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt will be restocked? I did get my order in before the deadline in the email, but it didn't ship, and has been listed as Out of Stock for weeks.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:26 pm Reply with quote
This new post made me realize that this thread is over two weeks old, and we apparently have not had threads for the weekly specials for two weeks.

I really hate to say it because Right Stuf was my favorite place to buy anime and manga for over a decade, but I just have not felt comfortable with them since they changed the store.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RightStufHawkeyeMinion
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
So is there an ETA on when Mobile Suit Gundam: Thunderbolt will be restocked? I did get my order in before the deadline in the email, but it didn't ship, and has been listed as Out of Stock for weeks.

It should be arriving some time this month.

Touma wrote:
This new post made me realize that this thread is over two weeks old, and we apparently have not had threads for the weekly specials for two weeks.

I really hate to say it because Right Stuf was my favorite place to buy anime and manga for over a decade, but I just have not felt comfortable with them since they changed the store.

This is my bad-- I just forgot to post the new thread for the past two weeks. Look for the new thread in a couple of days. Sorry! ^^;;
RSJakeH
Company Representative

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear that your impression of Right Stuf has changed as we have changed our store a little bit. Of course we want you to feel comfortable when purchasing and I would love to address any issues or concerns you may have. Please either let me know here or feel free to send me a DM.

BTW, 1st post but I plan to be here for a while! Cool
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
RightStufHawkeyeMinion wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

It should be arriving some time this month.

Okay, cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1