• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Twin Star Exorcists (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:31 am Reply with quote
Recap thing was mostly pointless, but I quite liked the new OP.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote
An alright episode. I want really interested in that guys character, so didn't feel for him when he died. That preview for next week though Sad Those death flags be everywhere!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
When they said that the guy disappeared without a trace it seemed most likely that he had turned into a kagere, so no surprise when they fought one with blonde hair.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Normally it would have been Ryougo's girlfriend that would have been killed off, and I was waiting for that the whole time, so it's a nice change that it was his buddy who died instead.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Ep 16:

Actually this was one of the better episodes and not just because of how it ended. The whole story at this point is about how Rokuro and Benio are going to grow and I think they made substantial progress here.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:12 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

It was a pretty shocking turn, to have Mayura suddenly be corrupted and turn. Good manipulation of her being one of the characters to care about and that to happen. Good thing with how it ended, but it is not over.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Lol is it just me, or is Mayura noticeably better animated than any of the other characters? Anime hyper Crew must really love her character design. Oh, and that rock sequence was the most ridiculous thing I've seen all year.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 22

We really have not commented on this series in this thread in over a month, which is kind of sad because the last few episodes have been really good that they have kind of turned my opinion around of the show.

This episode was odd though, what with the dated, weird basara, Suzu. Although honestly, I kind of laughed at it, I don't quite know how it was meant to come across. A bit sad that the "concert" used a lot of repeated shots, but the shot of a lanky kegare holding a boom box kind of tickled me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 24

Aw, this episode with Leo was kind of cute. Leo was kind of cute. A little sad that he had to go while other Kegare that seem more destructive are still going.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:38 am Reply with quote
I still like this show, but I do feel my interest waning. Part of this is probably because the initial dynamic between the Twin Stars has changed. Their initial bickering was quite entertaining, imo, and now that they get along (mostly), we don't have that juice any more. The other thing is that I've gotten bored of watching them fight weird looking creatures in the same red tableau. The show needs to find some way to shake things up, I think. I dunno, maybe have some encounters with human minions or something.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Or start banging. But done in exactly the same style as the fight scenes, with them shouting out moves, text pouring over still shots, and Rokuro just constantly yelling all the time.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Laughing

That's sick. But very Laughing
LordMaou

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:38 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 24

Aw, this episode with Leo was kind of cute. Leo was kind of cute. A little sad that he had to go while other Kegare that seem more destructive are still going.

Yeah Leo was a Kegare that was basically just killing other Kegare I think. Kinda unfortunate about what happened with the Guardians showing up and then Rokuro having to lie to Sae, with it showing that basically Sae might have thoughts that she knows he is lying.

They keep giving hints about what Sae might be and such that she isn't normal. She was found in the alternate world. The Basara have said she has a unique scent, but they also said they exorcists do as well. I kinda wonder if she is either the Miko or a Basara. When they first found her, I was thinking Basara and was wondering when she was going to transform and fight with them. WIth Rokuro and Benio having to go through that again with having to kill someone they care about. But then there is the showing that she is extremely smart and fast learner like something you would expect from the Miko. Which then I mix in other animes where the soul of someone like that isn't truly gone, and instead lingers around somewhere, which then they found it essentially in the alternate world with only Rokuro seeing the beam of light around her when others couldn't. And that later it would become their true child after being revealed as being a spirit or something.

This series still has a lot of episodes to go, so will continue to see how it unfolds.
LordMaou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 25

Not much happened here imo. Got the name of the person creating the spots, met some more guardians, met another Basara. That's about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 am Reply with quote
The female guardian, Cordelia, was pretty cool, especially with the synthesised like voice. But I did not really buy the baseball thing, it felt like a bit of a stretch including the ace guy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5