• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:26 am Reply with quote
Well it was just the timing of it that seemed so off to me. I mean Kenosuke's still recovering from the attack and apparently getting his stomach stapled by the doctor, and half the school is skipping town, and emergencies keep happening, so it just struck me as an odd time to go on a jaunty day trip.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:07 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or does this show really enjoy cosplay?

Looks like Mirasa backstabbed Muetta at the end. I bet Ouma and the others will find Muetta soon but she'll have a lot to explain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 16

Odds are the "Demon" will get the princes and get her back to normal.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:44 am Reply with quote
.Episode 17

This episode was pretty awesome. The Bluebird was a threatening enemy as it flew through the air, and the act to stop the plane crash felt pretty tense. But the biggest was probably the whole bit where the black relic got picked up, through the clouds with hail and lightning, and then dropped right above the clouds, being repeated after they thought that they could wait it out. And the whole kind of hammy flying samurai bit, the use of the lightning alone was enough to make me say it was really cool.

Also give credence to a lighter moment where Yukina was surprised of search functions, suddenly finding something only for it to be a bear. It is not like a big scene or anything, but it has been a consistant part of the humour of the series which I have kind of enjoyed, a sort of low-key kind.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also give credence to a lighter moment where Yukina was surprised of search functions, suddenly finding something only for it to be a bear. It is not like a big scene or anything, but it has been a consistant part of the humour of the series which I have kind of enjoyed, a sort of low-key kind.

A fair number of viewers have voiced there complaints about Yukina, but I also am on the side that enjoys her presence as it is a nice shift in pace for such "thrown in the cockpit" type characters.
What she does is no doubt important, but as a person she is still a young high schooler and certainly not a blatant stereotype (that is the job of her school buddies).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:54 am Reply with quote
She's fine when she acts like she's 15 but not when she pouts like she's 5, like when Kennosuke said he didn't want her opinion.

Does anyone know what all the other markers were indicating aside from the bear blip?

I guess asking for the wingman's name was a big no-no, huh. Not sure how that proves he's not ready for whatever. I always though asking for someone's name was considered polite in Japan (assuming they already know yours).
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
I kinda like the new form that mecha took on with the wings and better accelerator. Ouma and Yukina works surprisingly good as a team when they put their mind together. The big question on my mind is the intention of that mysterious voice (I think it's Oni?).....

Good action for the mecha fight, I expect future battles to be even more intense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
I believe that Yukina is 17 seeing that Ken was 18 under the old Kazoedoshi calendar but now is the same age as Yukina. Also there is no age at which a female stops pouting it is just an expression which is log removed from a child's pout. I enjoy Yukina and the rest of the casts personalities, but I am a little annoyed as to how long it takes for them to catch on to things, I guess that is just what the pacing has to be to fill 26 episodes.

We have no name yet for who the "demon" is but he was the one who was in the wing and more than likely has the princes in that healing tube ken was in before he was able to pilot the relic. What he said at the end was more along the lines of, as long as he hates the "demon" he can not openly help them but he will still help is the situation gets dire enough.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Cyberd1 wrote:
it is just an expression which is log removed from a child's pout.

I don't know what that means. Or why you think only females ever pout. But if you're hanging out with women who seriously puff up their cheeks like they're going to hold their breath until they turn blue, I have to wonder where you're finding them and why you're looking there. I've never seen anyone over the age of 10 make the sort of childish pouty face Yukina does. I'm not talking about a simple moue where you just push out your lower lip, she does this. Being 17 instead of 15 just makes it worse.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Cyberd1 wrote:
it is just an expression which is log removed from a child's pout.

I don't know what that means. Or why you think only females ever pout. But if you're hanging out with women who seriously puff up their cheeks like they're going to hold their breath until they turn blue, I have to wonder where you're finding them and why you're looking there. I've never seen anyone over the age of 10 make the sort of childish pouty face Yukina does. I'm not talking about a simple moue where you just push out your lower lip, she does this. Being 17 instead of 15 just makes it worse.

I have been around women for longer that you have been alive and you must have been around a lot of boring women to have not seen this.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Not boring, grown up. I guess if I actively sought out childish women, I could probably find one or two who make that face when they're actually mad. If it's so universal though you'd think I could find at least one image on google that fit the criteria. Lots of pouting faces, male and female, but none that look like they're blowing up balloons.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:43 pm Reply with quote
You will not find a child that will use the puffed out cheeks either. Grow up? That is a retort from who takes himself to seriously. Anyway you can have the last word I will not clutter this thread with a stupid argument.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I linked to an example of what I was talking about. Confused And I didn't tell you to grow up. I said the women I know are grown up and not boring. And they don't pout. And not everyone on the internet is a guy. Smile
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
EP. 18

Boring boring and and aggravating.

Basically a filler episode where the only plot development happens at the very end. Then leaves you yelling at the screen for what a bunch of idiots they are, who can't learn from the past. Honestly this is starting to get old, Ooo a plainclothes detail is going to work against aliens how stupid can you get. I think I may stop watching weekly and wait for Netflix to post the second season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 18

I think that my favourite part of the episode was when everyone was around the table eating dinner and talking about the types of stories that they like. It might not be a big plot relevant sort of thing, but I think that it said a lot about their characters. They were having multiple conversations amongst themselves about their tastes, that it kind of felt genuine. Ken felt like he had the right idea when he just started to heatedly laugh, explaining that he has little idea about most of what was being talked about, but it still raised that emotion in him. Feel a bit sorry for Carlos though. But Ken might really have a skill at cooking curry, but they probably should keep him away from infomercials.

Looks like Yukina may have been captured by the enemy, thinking that she is the "princess".... while naked. It sounds fanservice like, but there is some good explanations like how this was a hot spring trip, and the real girl was just met with Yukina meeting her in a believable state of licking her wounds in a hot spring. Interesting note is that the "princess" has memories of childhood on an alien world. This means that either Ken's princess was an alien all along, or this girl also just happens to look like her.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 11