• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Steins;Gate Fuka Ryōiki no Déjà vu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rankarana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
While I'd probably give it a higher overall grade due to my adoration of the series, this review's pretty much entirely on the mark. Not sure if Daru's underwear or the fat guy vanity pic got more laughs, though~

Also, no mention of delicious Bacon? Now there's the true star of SLA.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I do not agree with the conclusion of this review that indicates that the "missing hero" recycling is the biggest drawback to list.

First of all, the anime has killed its believability right away when it started with the idea that the two main heroes spoiler[did not see and communicate each other for a whole years, despite their amazing love.] The "BS-meter" goes to overdrive immediately.

Also, one of the key plot events is incredibly stupid: spoiler[the main heroine all of sudden going insane and supposedly unwittingly committing a suicide attempt in the front of the main hero by running across the road to a point that he was killed by a truck trying to save her as result.] There is no other reaction to that than " Rolling Eyes Shocked " as it is insulting to the viewers on authors' part.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1