• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Reader Survey

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
That is a long survey.

I put my family's yearly income instead of my own ($0), so I hope that doesn't throw any of the statistics off.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:36 am Reply with quote
I did my duty. Fairly long survey, but seemed well put together. Hope my little bit of info does someone some good.
NGE1113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quote
In regards to the survey, I really think there should have been an "N/A" option in terms of online programmed A/V content. I didn't mark down an answer to that question (and I'm hoping that doesn't flag my entry as incomplete) because I'm not really into streaming video, podcasts, or the like.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:35 am Reply with quote
You should defintly add Youtube and/or dailymotion to one of those lists...i can't remember the question but I know Bittorent was in the selections.

Thousands watch anime on those two sites. Dare I say millions.

Nice survey!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
deathwombat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:29 am Reply with quote
The question about why you buy BluRay/HD DVD's shouldn't HD quality picture be an option?
sk1199

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 am Reply with quote
I had a bigger problem. I don't own a game platform and had to leave about 3 questions unanswered. There really should be a place to mark "don't own" or "none" under the which game platform do you own question.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quote
deathwombat wrote:
The question about why you buy BluRay/HD DVD's shouldn't HD quality picture be an option?

If I remember correctly, it was "DVD/HDDVD/Bluray", and was asking in general why you would purchase something.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 am Reply with quote
For questions where there is no appropriate answer, a blank answer (not selecting any box) is acceptable to us. We won't consider that "incomplete."

-t
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
deathwombat wrote:

If I remember correctly, it was "DVD/HDDVD/Bluray", and was asking in general why you would purchase something.

I guess I misread that too. I thought it said BluRay/HD DVDs so I didn't answer those questions.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 am Reply with quote
Come on guys it wasn't that long.

I found it interesting that the top monthly spending topped out at $91+. You would of thought at least one more level would have been added.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
aluria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:18 pm Reply with quote
For this question: From which of the following retailers do you currently purchase anime from? (please select all applicable choices) shouldn't there be an 'other' option?

I buy a lot from London Drugs especially since they just put a good 1/3 of their stuff on sale. 7 episodes for 14.99 sounds good to me^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Minor complaint:

Quote:
Which of the following features on Anime News Network do you frequent the most?
News
Reviews
Anime/Manga Encyclopedia
Community/Forums

Wouldnt this have been better off as a checkbox question? I would say I visit a couple of those about eqally the most.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Wouldnt this have been better off as a checkbox question? I would say I visit a couple of those about eqally the most.

I debated that one, and decided I really wanted a "most" answer. Which one feature do you use the most. If you use two identically, pick the one that is more important to you.

We'll expand some of those questions in their own mini-surveys in the future. And we also have the site logs to tell us what people actually use the most...

-t
Bobcatben

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quote
i didn't get to finish it, i had maybe 4 questions filled out then i alt tabbed out for a sec to work on something in another window and came back 15 seconds later and it said thank you for participating, anyway my entry could be zapped so i can actually fill it out this time? Cool

Last edited by Bobcatben on Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:47 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
And we also have the site logs to tell us what people actually use the most...

In my humble opinion, you should be careful about the access numbers by the site log, for there are one-way and two-way automatic links between the four categories:

News and reviews: no link
News and encyclopedia: used to be two-way, but one-way only now (news -> encyc)
News and forum: used to be one-way only (news -> talkback forum), but two-way now
Reviews and encyclopedia: two-way
Reviews and forum: used to be one-way only (reviews -> talkback forum), but two-way now
Encyclopedia and forum: no link

Be sure to take the existence of those unidirectional and bidirectional links into account. Their presence would affect the location of the next mouse button click.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2