• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Patricia--
Welcome! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Exactly how well do your pets get along?
I've been meaning to see Pan's Labyrinth.....
Entelechy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:55 am Reply with quote
Thanks nobahn =)

My cat and dog..... have a truce you could say. Downstairs is canine territory, and upstairs is the dominion of the feline. The stairs are a disputed province.

I love Pan's Labyrinth. It's not for everyone though. There are some scenes with significant blood/violence, and I've been told by two friends that the psychological aspects are 'too confusing'.
If you like dark fairytales/mythology, and a story that blurs the line between what is real, and what is not, Pan's Labyrinth is for you.

I just looked through your anime list, and wow do we have similar tastes!
*Puts Hanamayata on Want To See list*
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:02 am Reply with quote
Patricia--

Regarding what I know about Pan's Labyrinth:
  1. It concerns Franco's Spain; and
  2. It's directed by Guillermo del Torro.
That's good enough for me.

You've reminded me that that I want to copy all of my comments from "My Anime seen all" to "My Anime seen all (public list)". I invite you to check out in particular my entry for Elfen Lied. I've also copied over my entry for Hanayamata.
Entelechy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:28 am Reply with quote
@ nobahn

Thanks for posting your comments!

Interesting insights to Elfen Lied; I had never before read the translation of the opening song Lilium. I did see Elfen Lied a long time ago (somewhere around 9-10 years ago), but my memory of the show is fuzzy. I remember it was the 3rd or 4th anime I ever saw, and it shocked the hell out of me. My face Shocked Twisted Evil Shocked Evil or Very Mad Shocked the entire time.
I can't remember everything, so perfect excuse to follow your advice and watch for a second time.

I was reading your comments of Fullmetal Alchemist, and I also love spoiler[Al's] closing monologue. That soliloquy helped give FMA one of the best endings I have ever seen, or read for that matter.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Been a long time lurker. Very happy to be here.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Spawn29--
Welcome -- however belatedly -- to the ANN forums! Cool Smile
Anime_Newbie88

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Hay there everyone,

The name is Dawn and age is 27 birthdate is 12/19/1988 currently living in tomah,wi usa.

Currently single.

Can't list a favorite anime it would take forever. But I do like different genres.

Current life style is hard to explain. I guess I could say obese with a side of anime fanatic. Plus music fan.

I like to watch AMVS and find new songs and singers that way. Because the way that people include such awesome music it just gets me going. You can find new animes and music b just searching youtube for amvs and then look for the ones most watched. And then there you go.

So a quick description of myself would be. Plus,Plus,Plus sized anime an. With a love of anime english subbed or dubbed. I have also been a huge fan of comic book based movies. Daredevil, batman,etc.

I love rock groups like five finger death punch. But I also like some good ones like set me free by casting crowns. And a few songs by heather dale. I like finding random stuff that I can put on my cell phone to listen to while walking around.

More to list but I will look around on the forum for a bit. And if you want to know more just pm me.
EF5 Tornado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Hello. I read these articles for many years and while I do not agree with many of the opinions on it I will not deny their informative professionalism. With that in mind I have entered the social collective sphere.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to both Anime_Newbie88 and EF5 Tornado. I hope you both stick around and join in the conversations. Always nice to see new peeps.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 pm Reply with quote
EF5 Tornado
Welcome to the ANN forums! Smile
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
Hello to Anime_Newbie88 and EF5 Tornado!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BDL

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
Name: ibal
Sex: MALE

Likes: Anime , Manga , Game , Drawing , Some Sport ofcourse

Dislikes: Cocroach

Favorite Manga : One Piece, DBZ .

Favorite Anime: Digimon Series .

Favorite Game: Final Fantasy 7 and up, except 11 & 13 , Digimon 1,2,3. Resident Evil 3 , Code Name Vernonica , 4 , 5 , and many more...

Job : Architectural 3D artist
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Welcome, BDL! Indonesia is a country I would like to visit some day. Mainly to see the komodo dragons. And yes, I don't blame you - cockroaches aren't my favourite kind of creature, either. I hope you enjoy yourself at ANN.
peter a

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
Name : Peter Adshead

Sex: Male

Marital Status: forever Single

Religion: C of E and agnostic

Job: Presently a full time carer , But worked in the I.T and electronics sector.

Pets: Still getting over my last pet a liver and white springer spaniel.

Drink/Smoke: Drink socially , but never smoked or taken any illegal drugs.

Hobbies: Photography , Building electronics projects , Motor sports .

Likes: My introverted alone time , the internet , forums , YouTube videos.

Dislikes: Football , Football players and their wives , anyone from Chelsea , Anime which finished after the first season or end without completing the story. HOTD , Accel world , etc

Favorite anime: Fullmetal Alchemist BrotherHood , Full Metal Panic! , Akame ga kill , Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and A Certain Magical Index .

Favorite Manga (Light novels / Comics ) and Books: Can`t say I`ve read any Manga or Light novels only comics until I was about 10 year old. Not read many book without purpose, I just read to learn about a subject.

Favorite game: The one game I always come back too is command and conquer.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Buffy and angel , south park , Family Guy , Game of Thrones , The dirty harry films , Star wars , Star trek , predator and predators , alien

Alcoholic Drink: whisky , lager

Favorite Sites: Ebay , YouTube , some programming sites and lots of forums.

Fun facts about me: Started watching anime only about 3 months ago due to extreme boredom and been a recommend from YouTube , YES Clanned , after that I`ve never been so depressed in my life , so then in was Clanned after story which made even more depressed.
So I`ve learned to keep away from the 10 most depressed anima of all time list , But keep hitting a few like "akame ga kill" ( Which means red eyed killer ) so I guess the ending was a clue.

Non Fun facts about me: My father when to hospital 2 year ago with a bad back and was diagnosed with cancer and given only 2 month to live , so I give up my job to become his carer , because that was the only way to get him out of hospital.
I now look after my mother who my farther cared for , So not sure yet if I`m a total idiot or just a loving son.

So just joined this forum to find any good anime !!!!

PS , How to you set your avatar ?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am Reply with quote
Welcome Peter:

To set an avatar go to the top of the page. In the blue stripe select "Forum". To the right under "Your Account" you will see "Forum Settings". Select that and scroll to the bottom of the page. You can upload an avatar there. The specifics as to size are stated there. You may want to check the other Forum settings while there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 222 of 233