• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tōken Ranbu: Hanamaru TV Anime Adds 5 Additional Cast Members

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:13 pm Reply with quote
So I take it that Soma Saito is now THE new designate fujoshi oriented seiyuu that must be included for authenticity reasons since Hiroshi Kamiya has fallen out of favor for dubious reasons. He's literally in every single one of these types of all male things I've seen lately. Wonder who is backing him cause the push is really noticeable from out of nowhere.

I don't know it really just is something how these people go from virtually nothing to suddenly all over the bloody place like this. It happens occasional in Western TV but usually there's a really obvious reason, but anime it's like all the time now.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Hiroshi Kamiya was never my favorite and I don't see why anyone fawned over him who was a fujo or fudan. I was always more interested in characters voiced by guys like Tomoaki Maeno and Kaito Ishikawa

Hiroshi makes a great Izaya Orihara for plenty of good reasons. His voice fits that type of character.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Kamiya is awesome as Araragi Koyomi. Just great. I've heard it so much that his voice is now recognizable and comfortable.
PinKunoichi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Soma Saito voices two characters in the franchise actually. He uses a lighter tone for Namazuo, and an older one for Tsurumaru. Say what you will about him, but it's quite impressive how they sound so different from each other.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Never been a fan of Kamiya, the same amount of dislike goes the same for DNami and Sakurai Takahiro. Miyano barely passes my taste...

@topic

Ichiki has the sweetest voice so he's the perfect fit for the clumsy protagonist. Ishikawa and Saito has been a combo ever since Rinne so I'm good with them being casted together.
Zunda-mochi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:57 pm Reply with quote
@Alabaster Spectrum:

I'm sorry but what does Kamiya Hiroshi HAVE to do with all this?? I'm still getting use to new seiyuus, but unless Kamiya Hiroshi voices a Tenka Goten or something, I don't know what's the point of your comment?? Also, have you even PLAYED Touken Ranbu at all??

As PinKunoichi pointed out, Saito Soma voices TWO (SWORD) CHARACTERS in the Touken Ranbu game: Tsurumaru Kuninaga, who is a Tachi and Namazuo Toshirou who is a wakizashi and is one of the characters that is going to be in this anime. I would be more amused if Tsurumaru is also revealed to be one of the other characters to appear in the Hanamaru anime because not only would Soma be voicing TWO of the character he does in the game, but that would mean him as Tsurumaru pulling pranks and getting into trouble (with Hasebe more likely) while happily yelling 'Are you surprised yet?'.
In fact, most of the seiyuu that have voiced in the Touken Ranbu game itself are lending their voices in the anime also, so it would make sense for them to reprise their roles.
Plus, in the Touken Ranbu fandom, both Yasusada and Kiyomitsu (aka 'Okitagumi/'Anmitsu') are popular characters as a pair so it also makes sense that both would be the main stars of this show.

Now I'm just hoping that Hijikatagumi (Izuminokami Kanesada and Horikawa Kunihiro) make their appearance in the anime, because those are my favorite characters in the game too.

EDIT: I just noticed that all the starter Uchigatana swords (Kasen, Yoshiyuki, and Hachisuka, plus Kiyomitsu) are there, except for Yamanbagiri Kunihiro who is also a 5th starting sword you can choose in-game.
BlueOla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
So I take it that Soma Saito is now THE new designate fujoshi oriented seiyuu that must be included for authenticity reasons since Hiroshi Kamiya has fallen out of favor for dubious reasons. He's literally in every single one of these types of all male things I've seen lately. Wonder who is backing him cause the push is really noticeable from out of nowhere.

I don't know it really just is something how these people go from virtually nothing to suddenly all over the bloody place like this. It happens occasional in Western TV but usually there's a really obvious reason, but anime it's like all the time now.

Wow, you sound really... salty. xD I really don't understand why it's such a big issue that he gets many roles in such shows, I mean it's sort of his job? I'd say we should be happy that he's finally getting some roles, rather than being upset that he's "all over the bloody place". Male seiyuu HAVE to take part in shows/games aimed at the female audience because they will never get famous otherwise. And let me tell you, in this industry, if you're not famous, you also get paid very little. The more he appears in things the more he can build up a fanbase and he can earn enough to live a healthy and satisfying lifestyle. How is that a bad thing?
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
[rant]So I take it that Soma Saito is now THE new designate fujoshi oriented .... [/rant].

LMAO you again the anti-feminista-PLEASE-only-boobs-oppai-harem-anime ranter? if you know Kancolle you must know that Touken Ranbu is the reverse version of it and they have their own fixed voice actors and castings before all these sht things have ever started? Its just that in the right time, in the right rotation of the Earth that DMM didn't cast Kamiyan as one of the guys voicing all those dudes from the original Touken Ranbu online game, as we all know Touken Ranbu is a very popular+successful game in Japan with millionth downloaders etc etc anyways just like Soma Saito he was just casually casted by DMM and it doesnt mean anything
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1