• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga Section to be Set Up in 900 Trans World Stores

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:50 am Reply with quote
Mmm, if they can get some significant Anime titles back into Suncoast things will be good again.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 pm Reply with quote
While I am sure that Musicland Group's bankruptcy caused damage to both the manga and anime industry, I am pretty sure that the effects of it were much harder felt on the anime side of things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:25 pm Reply with quote
i thought fye and suncoast had manga already?
Oh well- hopefully they can get more titles back and go back to the awesome manga sells Media Play and Suncoast use to have
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
NGE1113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
So, it appears that for stores that already have established manga sections, it's back to the drawing board? Might not be a bad idea, given that every time I check it out, it's always the same stuff there (read: nothin' movin').

kokuryu wrote:
Mmm, if they can get some significant Anime titles back into Suncoast things will be good again.

I can't say for others, but the Suncoast back home seemed to always have someone on staff that knew which were the titles to order, and had them on the shelves on street date. The only hiccup I remember recently is when they didn't have Rozen Maiden volume 1+box out for sale.

However, I can't say the same has ever been true for fye in that neck of the woods...
Celes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:13 pm Reply with quote
My local FYE used to have a manga section and then they marked it all for some strange clearance and it disappeared. They never had new titles anyway and the same stuff was always there, along with weird chunks of each series missing, so you could never buy books in order anyway.

I miss Media Play. The place I buy anime now is pretty much Best Buy or Overstock.com if it is cheaper there. The anime at FYE is so expensive, I never shop there anyway unless they are having incredible sales, which are few and far between.
daedelus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
The Suncoast near me (25min drive) has a rather large anime section. However, the manga is on the small side ever since the Musicland debacle. I'm friends with the store manager, so I think I'll ask her if she has heard of this deal yet and if she can give me any details.

I won't be going up there till Sunday, though in case anyone was curious of what I may find out.
daedelus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:10 am Reply with quote
Okay, for anyone who may be interested.

It seems that Trans-World will be primarily focusing on it's FYE & Sam Goody stores this year. Since most Suncoast locations already have a well established anime/manga setup, they will be updated sometime in 2008.

So, anyone living near a FYE or Sam Goody store can look forward to a better anime/manga section by years-end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1