• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Japanese TV Station Removes Nymphet from Schedule

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, this is not good. Sure, it won't REALLY affect us fans outside of Japan, but it is not a good thing for anime worldwide. They could at least have th eballs to say the reason they are canceling.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I think this is ridiculously stupid...
At least Chiba TV and KBS Kyoto are still broadcasting it.

Canceling broadcast like this will only help promote it - it's being stream online anyway and anime are readily found on P2P - so it's not like people are prevented from watching it.

I know for the fact that this only increased my desire to watch it. I hate censorship.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
It's just like with Moetan. They puuled an episode off the air for beeing "too hot". You better BELIVE people will want to see it even more now
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:10 pm Reply with quote
It wouldn't surprise me if by the end of the week they ALL pull it.
For whatever bs reason they've yet to tell us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
You know, this really isn't fair. The animation studios have PAID for advertising and show space, and it's taken away without a moment's notice. Stupid.
hara

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
The animation studios have PAID for advertising and show space

Really? Isn't it the other way around? TV stations buy their program or am I wrong? So they only cut their profits but don't affect the creators.

I don't care for a pedo-show like Kojikan anyway but this whole cancelling drama lately seems ridiculous. Maybe it is some way to promote certain shows - I mean, as people already mentioned, it makes people want to see it even more. Maybe they'll start using murders and other crimes as triggers for better DVD sales in the future xD
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:42 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well, this is not good. Sure, it won't REALLY affect us fans outside of Japan, but it is not a good thing for anime worldwide. They could at least have th eballs to say the reason they are canceling.
The reason is pretty obvious. Who would want to touch this show with a ten inch pole without having all the public backlash. So,it's a smart business decision on their part to not air the show. You are overracting because this show have no business to air on television in the first place. And this by no way hurt anime in any way. I believe in freedom of speech as much as the next guy. But this show went too far.
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:51 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
The reason is pretty obvious. Who would want to touch this show with a ten inch pole without having all the public backlash. So,it's a smart business decision on their part to not air the show. You are overracting because this show have no business to air on television in the first place. And this by no way hurt anime in any way. I believe in freedom of speech as much as the next guy. But this show went too far.

Too far what?
That it will harm the innocent minds of kids? It's aired at 2~3am.

Anyway, doing this is NOT preventing anyone from watching this. It makes them want to watch it more.
Calculusman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Man, it really must be bad if even the Japanese won't even show it, considering what else has been shown there.
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Seeing as how the manga caused such an uproar over here, I doubt we'll ever see the anime licensed. But since this is on Japanese tv, it doesn't really affect us anyway.

100th Post! Very Happy
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:06 pm Reply with quote
hara wrote:
who_is_friend wrote:
The animation studios have PAID for advertising and show space

Really? Isn't it the other way around? TV stations buy their program or am I wrong? So they only cut their profits but don't affect the creators.

Nope, that's how it works in Japan. Not only to producers pay television stations for airtime, the stations are the ones who profit off of the advertising time. This is why fans are gouged for everything they're worth by studios in Japan when it comes to DVD prices.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:11 pm Reply with quote
AH I have learned something new about TV broadcasting in Japan from all this! I sympathize with the production companies...

They should just put this out on DVD ASAP and recoup their losses - put the commercials on the DVDs too that they paid for....
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Berserkfury819 wrote:
Seeing as how the manga caused such an uproar over here, I doubt we'll ever see the anime licensed.
Depends on if I ever get an anime/manga company off the ground. Twisted Evil

Ah, dreams. Having them is a burden, losing them a pain no one can bear, and achieving them far from easy.

At this rate, the whole series will end up being direct to DVD, which is rather sad in the sense that a lot of people will likely never get a proper chance to decide for themselves what they think of the content.
Lost_Toys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:16 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:
The reason is pretty obvious. Who would want to touch this show with a ten inch pole without having all the public backlash.

The issue becomes that the station new the type of content the series was going to comprise of (see: previous manga release and promotional media). Beyond that stations usually receive screenings of the shows way before their air date.

By pulling out now, they are pulling out because of social pressure. I could undestand them not carrying the show in the first place, but to pull the plug on the broadcast after committing to it creates a precedent for censorship and lobbying.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote
naruto fan 09812 wrote:

I'm afraid you missed my point. What I meant is that this is bad, because now they have created a precedent, witch others may use to do the same thing, weather it is right or wrong. And who are YOU to decite what should and what should not be on TV?

Last edited by DmonHiro on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10