• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice and Wolf Author Hasekura to Appear at NYCC

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver4000

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Why make a mega book like that if it's gonna miss the 18th volume. Kinda pointless that way ...
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
There is no 18th volume. It will be a sequel series, so it's outside the scope of this.
Agent355 wrote:
It looks like they're doing a double column format on extra wide pages, and I can't tell, but they might be using a smaller print/type font size. So I wouldn't be worried about them editing the content, they found a way to make it all fit. But it looks like it might be harder to actually read.
Given the page sizes, it might actually be easier on the eyes to go double-column(less horizontal movement). I personally also think it improves the aesthetics: a huge number of one-line paragraphs doesn't look very good in comparison to longer ones, which this approach provides.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
There is no 18th volume. It will be a sequel series, so it's outside the scope of this.

Spice and Wolf 18: Spring Log
Spice and Wolf New Theory: Wolf and Parchment

The latter is the sequel series, the former is literally volume 18 as it says in the title.
0nsen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
I would get this, if they wrote Horo with an 'R' this time around. Seeing the other version always makes me feel like stalking and killing everyone involved in making that decision the first time around.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:34 am Reply with quote
I definitely am going to have to read these books after I have seen the dub. However, I might choose to get them as e-books because they can be cheaper.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I would get this, if they wrote Horo with an 'R' this time around. Seeing the other version always makes me feel like stalking and killing everyone involved in making that decision the first time around.

Quick question. Are you a crazy person? Just asking. Why would they ever change her name to Horo when her name is Holo. It has always been spelt that way and that is the proper way to say it. Th only reason for people thinking she is Horo is because there is no L sound in the Japanese language, so when the show first aired, people assumed it was Horo and put that in the subs. I can only imagine how stupid they looked when Holo literally signed her name as "Holo" in the show.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
But that would sound too European! It's clearly meant to be pronounced with a bad Japanese accent!

@ ultimatemegax:

I stand corrected. Given its release date, they'd have to push this back a bit to give them time to translate it; the completionist in me says go ahead and do it, while the eager part of me doesn't wait to even wait till the official release date.
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But that would sound too European! It's clearly meant to be pronounced with a bad Japanese accent!

Except for the fact that the series takes place in a European Medieval Setting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2