• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2016 Scotland Loves Anime Line-Up Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harima

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:48 pm Reply with quote
The good: Excellent line-up. They have listened to the suggestions given to them last year.

The bad: Glasgow once again gets only a handful of movies (albeit all premieres) while Edinburgh gets tons.

Oh well. At least most of the line-up is of high calibre Very Happy

As for the mystery movie, I am hoping it will be either Kidou Senshi Gundam: Thunderbolt - December Sky or Planetarian. Any hints or insider information is always welcome (if you get my drift) Smile
aiem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I'm so jealous.

I hope North America gets some Koe no Katachi screening too.
Harima

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Below is my attempt to guess what the mystery film is based on the hints given by the organisers:

Possibility 1: Gekijouban Hibike! Euphonium

Reasoning: it has already been screened in Japanese theatres in April, 2016. It has not been screened in any UK theatres as far as I know. Yamada Naoko is listed as the series production director and she has attended Scotland Loves Anime as a guest in 2012.

Possibility 2: Colorful Ninja Iromaki or Kacchikenee! or Kaze no Matasaburou (2016) or Utopa

Reasoning: All these short movies have already been released in March, 2016. None of them have been screened in UK theatres as far as I know. All these movies are part of the Anime Mirai project. It so happens that the four titles of that project produced in 2012 were also screened during the 2012 Scotland Loves Anime festival.

They may be wild guesses but it was still fun hypothesising Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1