• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What happened to D.Gray-Man?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alberto7

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Raftina wrote:
The manga is on hiatus and didn't pause at a convenience place. The anime, at least, ends at the end of an arc and has an obvious sequel hook at the end. I would say that reading the manga would make the stopping experience even less satisfying.

Sorry for the slight necro, but I concur with this. I finished D.Gray-Man circa the end of 2011 and started the manga shortly after to continue with the story. I had no idea the manga hadn't yet finished. I was disappointed when I reached the end of it only to find out that the manga was incomplete. I dropped it altogether at that point. I'm not sure if the manga advanced any more than that.
IceColdBlueHeart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
Well now there is the second part to the anime, D-Gray Man Hollow but unfortunately they never continued the english dub of the original series but decided to dub the Hollow series so anybody who goes from the original in dubbed to the dubbed Hollow series, like myself because i suck at reading subtitles so i never even looked at the series in subbed lol, is completely lost as to what is going on. Honestly if they were going to dub Hollow they should also pick the original series and finish the dubbing there too. You know, for people like me who can not keep up with subtitles and action at the same time lol.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:16 am Reply with quote
Since we do have an established thread for the new series, this one is now defunct. Hence it's being locked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2