• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Girls & Panzer Film With Theatrical Release Plans

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stonehand

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote
So, is it just the movie, or did they get the movie + ova + Yukari's Tank lesson. Are they ever going to get the Anzio OVA? If they didn't get the ova + Yukari, maybe they could license Anzio + The final ova + all of the Yukari's and put them on one disc.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:05 am Reply with quote
Man she probably still got that bad throat
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 am Reply with quote
Didn't they learn their lesson from trying to put this show on store shelves? America is just not ready for girls and tanks.

But sure, movie on BD, fine by me. Anzio would be nice but I like the way we only know Anchovy by her one scene in defeat and her gift/reparation of dented cans of anchovies. It's Italy in WWII, what else would you expect, pasta?
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:51 am Reply with quote
Huh, I wouldn't have expected a theatrical release for this. Hopefully a theater near me gets a screening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
lol time to cut Katyusha out again!! I love this movie but it again is one of the shows were the dubs were just completely insulting. Calling Tank Destroyers "Assault tanks". pronouncing tank names completely wrong, cutting the best song the in show, ect....it was a huge mess. Movie was amazing but I'm not looking forward to their release of it
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Wonderful news! Own the Sentai releases of the TV series and ova collection so I'm really excited to be able to add another set to enjoy and with an enjoyable dub Anime smile

Really neat they are doing a theatrical screening of the movie, would love to see a dub screening, but who am I kidding I doubt a theater anywhere close to me would screen it =/

Would certainly double dip if they released a collection LE with the tv series, ova's and movie!

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Sweet a theater release but I know that it will never be release in a theater near where I am
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
lol time to cut Katyusha out again!! I love this movie but it again is one of the shows were the dubs were just completely insulting. Calling Tank Destroyers "Assault tanks". pronouncing tank names completely wrong, cutting the best song the in show, ect....it was a huge mess. Movie was amazing but I'm not looking forward to their release of it

I'm PRETTY sure that the German tanks names were not pronounced properly in the Japanese. Apply your "high standards" fairly or don't apply them at all.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Yess!!!! Im definitely down for a theater release. Though ill pass on it if its the dub, wasnt a big fan of it. Now all they need to license is the Anzio OVA.
DrApplebox

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Sentai's treatment of the TV series was probably the worst English anime release of this decade, so I can't say I'm too thrilled.

Quote:
lol time to cut Katyusha out again!!

I still find it hilarious that a communist folk song has a copyright on it.
mpennock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was one of the better dubs to come out recently. Different tastes, I guess.

I'll definitely be picking up der Film when it is released.
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
mpennock wrote:
I thought it was one of the better dubs to come out recently.

I like it.
I do think that it had some problems. It seemed to me that some of the characters should have sounded more excited or enthusiastic at times, but that might have been just a different way to play the scene. Generally it seemed to me that everybody did a good job and the voices matched the characters.
One of the things that I liked about the show was that the tanks seemed authentic, so if any of the names were wrong I can understand how that would annoy some people, but if they were wrong I never noticed it.

Quote:
Different tastes, I guess.

Exactly.

I have no qualms about Sentai getting this. I just really, really hope that they do dub it for the disc release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
DrApplebox wrote:
I still find it hilarious that a communist folk song has a copyright on it.

That's not the problem. For a period of time the USA invalidated all Russian copyright which has caused a legal mess for older works.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I liked the dub. Never watched it subbed though.. so nothing really to compare it to. Read some of the manga, though.

Didn't realize there was a song cut. That's kinda funny.
Dfens

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
This is great news I'm a big fan of the series and almost picked it up here on while in Japan but it's $98.00 USD in store. It's still playing in theaters but on like 3 screens in Tokyo.

Ticket prices for movies are expensive over here but it's 45 minute's each way by train and 2 hours for the movie.

If they have a showing close to me stateside I'll be down for that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2